New Xbox Anyone?

124»

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2013
    After some time to digest all the E3 info, I'm probably going to sit on the sidelines for a while on this and when I do jump in I'll go PS4 first.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited June 2013
    Microsoft relents on some restrictions.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-drm/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Reacting to "feedback from the Xbox community," Microsoft is appearing to reverse course and change two key components to policies for its new Xbox One video game console.

All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall.

Additionally, there will be no limitations to using and sharing games, Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business division, says in the post. People will be able to share, trade or resell their games in the same way they do for Xbox 360 games."
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited June 2013
    Yup... They caved. And now all the cool features that differentiated them from the competition are gone. No more sharing digitally with your family. No more having your entire library, disc and digital, available on all your systems all the time. No more instant switching between disc-based games.

I'm thinking of canceling all my disc pre-orders and getting everything digitally now, so I can still instant swap. That was one of the features I was most looking forward to. Microsoft totally chickened out... but I guess they had to, considering how badly the screwed up the PR messaging.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited June 2013
    there will be no limitations to using and sharing games
    This is excellent news!! Because of this, i was thinking of getting a PS4 instead of the One.

Still going to wait up to a year until buying either. Early adopting has burned me in the past on both.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited June 2013
    They had to rethink this, there are a lot___ of homes out there who don't have internet and whoever at Microsoft who came up with the idea of not allowing game sharing,buying and selling used games, etc... needs to have their head examined. One thing I wished they would have considered would have been allowing us to play old games from the XBOX 360 on the new XBOX One.
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    No way they could let you play 360 games on it. Xbox 360 = Power PC, Xbox One = x86. And I think they learned from the Xbox to Xbox 360 transition that less than 5% of people used the backwards compatibility they offered, and it ate a huge amount of resources to do it.

Personally, all they had to do to mitigate all this would have been to say that if you're offline, you could still play the game so long as the disc is in the drive. Now, they've pretty much cast off all the coolest features... like having one Gold account on the system and everyone else on it automatically being Gold (which I guarantee will go away with family sharing going away)... instant game switching for disc-based games (which will affect the asychronous matchmaking)... digital sharing/gifting of games...

I'm just disappointed that people couldn't see the advantages to what they proposed. Now, we just get Xbox 360 version 2 instead. What a bummer.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited June 2013
    I'm just disappointed that people couldn't see the advantages to what they proposed. Now, we just get Xbox 360 version 2 instead. What a bummer.

Pretty much, I was actually really excited about it, now I'm debated on cancelling my pre-order......really the only point for me now is Forza 5, they took away all the other cool stuff I was looking forward to and I don't have a cable box so I can't use the tv stuff. Starting to make my $500 look kind of point less.
  • Polkie2009
    edited June 2013
    Sounds like the Rainbow Six Patriots game that I've been waiting to see released for the last 2 or so years isn't going to be available for PS3, they're going to try and release it in Nov. for the PS4, XBOX One and computers. I really hope they don't screw this new game up , the Vegas 1 and 2 games are great!
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Well, as it turns out... You'll still be able to instant switch between games if you buy them digital instead of on disc. You'll also still be able to access your library from any Xbox One by logging into your account, so long as you bought the games digitally. And they're probably bringing back the family sharing after launch. No word on digital gifting of games, but I expect we'll see that come back as well. They also confirmed that you will only need one Gold account, and then every other account on your box will be Gold as well - glad they kept that.

So honestly, I'm still on board... but am going to buy every new game digitally instead of on disc, because there's incentive to do so. It's worth losing the trade-in value to do that, IMHO. And if they let you pre-order digital titles and have them pre-load to your system the way Steam does, I may never see the inside of a GameStop ever again.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited June 2013
    My question is how long are they going to keep full support for the 360 as i refuse to be an early adopter.
    Are all games that are available for the One going to be still available for the 360?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited June 2013
    mrbiron wrote: »
    My question is how long are they going to keep full support for the 360 as i refuse to be an early adopter.
    Are all games that are available for the One going to be still available for the 360?
    Battle F and COD will be around but cannot see any new ones being released twice on xb one and 360. I think after this crop its gone
  • Polkie2009
    edited June 2013
    Probably right on this PFB, I have a feeling all of the" new gen." games are only going to be released for the PS4, XBOX One, and PC's that have the higher tech processors necessary to run the game. On aside note, a friend actually broke out his old PS2 to hook it up to play some old games like Gran Turismo 3 and 4, his PS3 slim isn't backward compatible.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2013
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    As long isn't jet engine loud like the first 360s then I will gladly pay top dollar for one.

It is in fact super quiet.