New Xbox Anyone?

Options

Comments

• RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The cloud will be the Xbox One's strongest asset. ( so will the new kinect.) The cloud will allow for this system to keep more and more powerful over time. The cloud will allow for addition graphic, physx, and computing power. Xbox one will be a great media player and gaming system. + it will have Halo 5.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • RamZet
    edited May 2013
    Options
    (and on the issue of used games and only being able to use one copy of a game per account.)
    Welcome to the world of PC gaming. Ask any of us with Steam. This is how games are. Get over it, its just a CD KEY. Besides who is just giving their $65 games away to other people?
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly?
  • RamZet
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Drenis wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it looks ugly?

Looks like a 2005 dell laptop.....
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • custopper30
    custopper30 Posts: 252
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think they tried to be all modern and sleek looking more than anything
    Receiver: Denon 1912
    Speakers:
    Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 70s (x2)
    Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 50 (x2)
    Center: Polk Audio Monitor 70
    KLH Sub GFX-550
  • digitalsonic
    digitalsonic Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Gamestop's stock already dropped over 11% since they announced that the Xbox one charges a persons account when they try to play a used game. Wonder how sony will handle used games?
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They didn't announce that. The internet just went crazy with people jumping to conclusions. They'll announce how both consoles handle used games soon.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • pork
    pork Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think I would be interested in getting the new Xbox. I don't sell old games, I don't buy used games, and the only person I ever lend things to is my brother. So far, the "restrictions" on the Xbox regarding games doesn't sound like it will affect my gaming experience nor my brother's. I'll most likely be getting this but not anytime soon.

I'll probably pick this up and the Playstation 4 maybe two years after release. I still have way too many games for my Xbox and Playstation 3 that I have not yet even opened from their packaging. I really need to stop buying games no matter how dirt-cheap they are.
    Mellow greetings. What seems to be your boggle?
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah, nothing I've heard so far is a dealbreaker for me. I understand why people are pissed... but at the same time, I've known that physical media was on the way out for some time now. I kinda' dig the idea of having my entire digital library on the drive, ready to go instantly from any system in my house. It's like a media server for games.

But then, my 360 is always online anyway... and I don't have a problem with Kinect 2 being on all the time. So I'm good.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Zeros
    Zeros Posts: 940
    edited June 2013
    Options
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I thought it would be $400... but screw it. Already pre-ordered mine. My phone costs that much. :P
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I thought it would be $400... but screw it. Already pre-ordered mine. My phone costs that much. :P

Preordered mine as well. Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370916005&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sony did serve up a smack to Microsoft though. $399 and no DRM? OUCH. That said, none of the online required stuff bothers me, and I think being able to jump in and out of my entire library of games instantly is going to be cool. Plus... TITANFALL. Sold. Actually, all of the games Microsoft showed at their conference looked better than what Sony showed except for Destiny, which is coming to both systems. I was a little shocked by that.

If PS4's controller isn't made for Asian midgets like the last one, maybe I'll end up with both. Heh...
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • specd_out
    specd_out Posts: 505
    edited June 2013
    Options
    After doing a lot of reading about the new xbox and used game issues as well as the always online issues. It seems to me that the consumer caused this. If people just paid for their games, these things wouldnt be happening. I personally think its a fairly genius idea. I wouldnt be surprised to see the same kind of DRM on bluray players.

I also found it interesting that microsoft games will always be allowed to be traded and sold. Its third party developers that may deny or charge a fee to play. That tells me that this used game issue isnt so much a microsoft idea as its a developers idea, and that the xbox agreed to try it out first .
    I dont care for the kinect on all the time but all it takes is something to cover the lens when its not in use. not really a huge deal.
    All in all I am really looking forward to it. I have been a long time xbox fan. I got my OG xbox 2 days after its release. I have had live for 10 years and looking to keep it going.
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
    ISF Level 2 Certified Calibrator
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,271
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Not a true gamer, but enjoy watching the mob that migrates downstairs play 360 games. I think some of them are my kids.
    I do know that one of my sons had put down $1XX preorder for the Xbox One at Gamestop. When he did (a couple of days ago ?), the official "Here's What's Going Down" hadn't been announced by Microsoft.
    Now that the Gods have spoken ? He's heading back up to Gamestop to try to shift his moolah over to a PS4 pre-order.

My other son is also going with the PS4. Kind of surprising considering that both are die-hard Xboxers from way back in the day.

Why ?
    Here's just the tip of the iceberg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYUGtI6guY

Flawless victory, Sony ! :cheesygrin:

I'll admit: I won't be able to get on my Iphone and, through the PS4, talk to my refrigerator to get an inventory update on milk and canned peaches before I head home from work.
    And, sure, my sons (mob?) would be able to connect the cable box directly into the Xbox One and, while watching an NFL game, get instant updates on their fantasy football picks.
    And .... well, I could go on and on with this rant. But I think Chris Farley (SNL) said it best years ago:

"Well, La-Dee-Freaking-Dah"

If I wanted a Do-It-All console, I'd go out and buy a Muntz.

Here at CP our moderators sometimes have to deal with some "troubles" but I daresay that it's nothing compared to what the forum moderators are going through over at Xbox.com Their mods will probably last another day before they succumb to terminal carpal tunnel syndrome. From locking threads. Awesome.

I hope that by the time Halo 5 comes out (in 2015, it'll be directly written for the PS4 and not just ported over. Shoot, by 2015 Microsoft may have modified their stance on ... well, just about everything.

BTW, I was wondering, will the Xbox One interface with my Zune because it doesn't recognize Windows 8 ? :loneranger:

.... okay, now I'm just being snarkey. :redface:

That's just the opinion of not a heavy duty gamer, but a heavy duty "GD it, who ate all the Cheetohs ?" couch potato backseat driver/viewer. :smile:
    Sal Palooza
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Maybe already mentioned, but MS says they are going to continue to support the 360 for those who do not have Internet access, and there are plenty of new games in the pipe line. I'm more interested in how much better the graphics will be with the new Xbox versus the 360.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited June 2013
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Maybe already mentioned, but MS says they are going to continue to support the 360 for those who do not have Internet access, and there are plenty of new games in the pipe line. I'm more interested in how much better the graphics will be with the new Xbox versus the 360.

Everythings going 4k and I doubt the new xb would be able to handle it so I think we will have a marginal improvement. The pc is just going to take it 3 levels up in the next 2 years making the new consoles seem like nintendo wii in contrast. With all that said I just pre ordered 5 minutes ago lol
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited June 2013
    Options
    You have to admit that Microsoft did open themselves up to this.

"At a coming-out party for its upcoming PlayStation 4 console, Sony leveled its guns at rival Microsoft's Xbox One device and fired until the chambers were empty.

During a press event Monday night at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, Sony hammered home key points about its new gaming system: Sharing games will be free. If people want to sell used games, that's fine. And a near-constant Internet connection, meant to monitor game usage, won't be required. In other words, the PS4 will do many things the new XBox apparently cannot. Oh, and the PlayStation 4 will sell for $399 -- $100 less than the Xbox One."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/11/tech/gaming-gadgets/e3-sony-microsoft/index.html?hpt=hp_bn5
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    If I do end up diving into the next-gen consoles, Sony just nailed me down for the PS4. I can live without Halo, and outside of that, what does the 360 really have to offer that the PS4 doesn't? Right now I'm so hooked on Diablo 3 that I don't see another console purchase on the horizon though.
    Hopefully, never going to a GameStop again. I know people are all about used games... but I'm all about consoles going to a Steam-like functionality where pre-orders just pre-download to my system the day before and then activate at midnight. And once digital takes hold, I think the prices will come down to make up for the change in paradigm. I'm ready to be done with GameStop's B.S. I know I'm in the minority on that... but the idea of having my whole library on my HDD and being able to access it from other rooms in my house without discs? EPIC. It's basically like my media server on my network, but for games... and I think that's more the future than just hanging on to physical media and refusing to accept innovation.

(And I think 4K is retarded. Most people don't sit close enough to their 1080p sets to fully resolve 1080p as it is... and we need 4K in the home? Not unless it's on a 100" screen.)
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • specd_out
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hopefully, never going to a GameStop again. I know people are all about used games... but I'm all about consoles going to a Steam-like functionality where pre-orders just pre-download to my system the day before and then activate at midnight. And once digital takes hold, I think the prices will come down to make up for the change in paradigm. I'm ready to be done with GameStop's B.S. I know I'm in the minority on that... but the idea of having my whole library on my HDD and being able to access it from other rooms in my house without discs? EPIC. It's basically like my media server on my network, but for games... and I think that's more the future than just hanging on to physical media and refusing to accept innovation.

(And I think 4K is retarded. Most people don't sit close enough to their 1080p sets to fully resolve 1080p as it is... and we need 4K in the home? Not unless it's on a 100" screen.)

man you echo my thoughts completely. I dislike game stop but for me its because they like to rape people on used game prices and if a small company like say Rhino Games is around and sell classic systems, and modern games cheap. game stop runs them into the ground and then buys them out.

I also agree in teh 4k. its a joke. I have seen the sony in person and from a reasonable sitting distance I see no gain. Now if your the kind of person that wants to sit 5" from a 90" then 4k is perfect
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Gamestop has both consoles with packed deals.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Preordered mine on amazon. Forza 5 looked too amazing not to get one!! :)
  • specd_out
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I preordered mine a BB. number 5 on the list.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just looked @my amazon order and it said shipping on the end of December? I may have to cancel
  • kuntasensei
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I just looked @my amazon order and it said shipping on the end of December? I may have to cancel

Yeah, Amazon sold their initial allocation out in like 4 hours. Every GameStop near me did the same. I had two friends who had to hit Best Buy to get theirs. But that ship date on Amazon may be because they haven't said the actual DAY that it's released. Amazon often uses placeholders. I would leave your pre-order in place (since it costs you nothing to do so) for a while to see if that changes later.

I've had people keep asking me why I'm glad Kinect 2 is a requirement, and since I think it's interesting for people buying, check this out:
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/4420610/xbox-one-kinect-trades-gimmicks-for-true-interactivity

Also, this guy totally nailed the reason I'm all about this new move to digital:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_7-57588359-10391702/why-xbox-ones-used-games-policy-doesnt-need-to-be-the-end-of-gaming-as-we-know-it/
    There's a stench of hypocrisy that emanates from a class of gamer who demands progress on every level from a new console, yet belligerently revolts at the discovery that games won't be delivered on plastic discs any longer.

Yup... that guy totally gets it. Status quo = no innovation.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • TurboGTU
    edited June 2013
    Options

When did you order it? I did mine around noon on 6/12 and it says: Delivery Estimate: Wednesday December 4, 2013 by 8:00pm
  • specd_out
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah, Amazon sold their initial allocation out in like 4 hours. Every GameStop near me did the same. I had two friends who had to hit Best Buy to get theirs. But that ship date on Amazon may be because they haven't said the actual DAY that it's released. Amazon often uses placeholders. I would leave your pre-order in place (since it costs you nothing to do so) for a while to see if that changes later.

I've had people keep asking me why I'm glad Kinect 2 is a requirement, and since I think it's interesting for people buying, check this out:
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/4420610/xbox-one-kinect-trades-gimmicks-for-true-interactivity

Also, this guy totally nailed the reason I'm all about this new move to digital:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_7-57588359-10391702/why-xbox-ones-used-games-policy-doesnt-need-to-be-the-end-of-gaming-as-we-know-it/

Yup... that guy totally gets it. Status quo = no innovation.

Great article. The second one was quite on point from a non biased point of view. I have used steam as I am a causal pc gamer. The value it provides would be huge in the console market. But it will also put companies like game stop out of business (no tears shed here)
  • polkfarmboy
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here is what Amazon said DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Friday January 3, 2014 by 8:00pm wahhhhhhh :sad:
  • TurboGTU
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here is what Amazon said DELIVERY ESTIMATE: Friday January 3, 2014 by 8:00pm wahhhhhhh :sad:

Did you choose the "day one" or the regular, the regular is available later, the day one is release day. Kind of dumb how they set it up, but make sure you picked the right one. They have the same setup for PS4 as well.

Make sure you got this one: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371156376&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one

What did you put for shipping, I have prime so I get free 2 day...