rear speaker suggestions

fjross
fjross Posts: 183
edited May 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
I finished a restroration on a 71 442 convertible. I didn't want to hack up any of the new interior panels. I have after market kick panel with Polk db651 since they were the only ones that would fit due to the depth and can be changed back to stock panel with a few screws. I fitted a Kenwood KDC-X794 in my 8 track housing. I pre ran RCA jacks from the head unit to the truck as well as the remote wire and power feed to the battery. I just picked up a Polk PA D5000.5 and a db1212 sub that I plan on mounting in the trunk. I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on a pair of 4ohm bookself speakers that I could use to put on the rear seat. The other alternative would be to use 6x9 with enclosures. I want to go this route so I can remove the rear speakers if I go to a car show and store in the trunk. My first choice would be the bookself if they were small enough.

Thanks
Dave
Mcintosh MC-501 mono blocks
Mcintosh C-45
Mcintosh MVP-871
PS AUDIO AV5000
MIT 3.3 Shotgun biwire speaker interface
MIT 3.3 Shotgun XLR interconnects
Polk 2.3TL's Gimpod boards/F-1 modded crossovers/dynamat/JB weld/Larry's rings/Blackhole 5 strips
Polk 3.1 TL's mint/stock (purchased new)
Polk SDA-2's
Post edited by fjross on

Comments

• CTTE
    CTTE Posts: 183
    edited May 2013
    fjross wrote: »
    I finished a restroration on a 71 442 convertible.

Nice!

Your car should have factory holes for 6X9's behind the back seat. You mount the speakers pointing backwards towards the area for the convertible top.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited May 2013
    Pics please... those 442 Cutlasses are one of my favorite cars. Hopefully you have the 455 version?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • fjross
    edited May 2013
    Pics please... those 442 Cutlasses are one of my favorite cars. Hopefully you have the 455 version?
    I will post some pics of the car when I get back home Sunday. Viking bllue convertible with 455 dual gate and W-25 induction hood. It was a 5 year body off restoration on a numbers matching car.
    Mcintosh C-45
    Mcintosh MVP-871
    PS AUDIO AV5000
    Polk 2.3TL's Gimpod boards/F-1 modded crossovers/dynamat/JB weld/Larry's rings/Blackhole 5 strips
    Polk SDA-2's
  • fjross
    edited May 2013
    CTTE wrote: »
    Nice!

Your car should have factory holes for 6X9's behind the back seat. You mount the speakers pointing backwards towards the area for the convertible top.
    I was looking for a better spot then behind the seats forward the top well. I think they would be muffled back there.
    Mcintosh C-45
    Mcintosh MVP-871
    PS AUDIO AV5000
    Polk SDA-2's
  • fjross
    edited May 2013
    Here are a few pics. The Land Cruiser mine also.
    005.jpg
    006.jpg
    006.jpg 575.8K
    005.jpg 563.9K
    Mcintosh C-45
    Mcintosh MVP-871
    PS AUDIO AV5000
    Polk SDA-2's