Original Model 7 and Model 10 Brochure Scans

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited July 2004 in Speakers
Thought some of you might like a copy...

You're welcome.
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    And the flip side.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Front 'fold in'.....
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Back 'fold in'.....
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited December 2003
    Options
    man those things are peeeerty
    Life without music would
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Page 2....
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Page 3.....
  • agw
    agw Posts: 22
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Great scans! I remember the 10's very well. I almost bought them because they sounded so good. At the time I was comparing them against Dahlquist 9c's. It took me a few days to decide. In a side by side comparison, I went with the DQM's because of their bottom end (The Polks didn't have as well a defined bottom end as the DQM's and it was the time before subs). It was for 2 channel audio. Because of that impression the 10's made on me is the reason I turned back to Polk for HT.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2003
    Options
    stable stereo and quadraphonic imaging..

say no mas. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2003
    Options
    What is the deal with the tweeter and no external leads? Or are these the original 7 and 10 and the "Peerless" tweeter with external leads wasn't introduced until the A series?

Ahhhhh.... the 7 has only an 8" PR... and that was 10" by the time the A came out....
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2003
    Options
    It uses the Peerless tweeter, per Russman.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited December 2003
    Options
    But not the same one... look at Russ's other thread about bagging the speakers that put Polk on the map. Those are 7As and they have the external-lead tweeters.

These might be Peerless, but they are not the same tweeter.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2003
    Options
    My 7a does, but the pics clearly show a tweet *without* the external leads as Mark noted.
  • stevecramer2
    stevecramer2 Posts: 34
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Thanks, I needed that!
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited December 2003
    Options
    My friend owned a pair of 10Bs for a few years - great speaks.

Better in some ways than the New Large Advent I owned at the time (we did shoot-outs and comparos between the two). I still own the Advents (refoamed).

I love the techno stuff on the owner's manual - I wish Polk kept a bit more of that in the newer manuals.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • JWLaRue
    JWLaRue Posts: 4
    edited December 2003
    Options
    Very nice! I have long since lost my original paperwork and brochure, but my 10's are still working as well as the day I bought them. (I think it was in '79 or '80, my speakers have what appears to be a serial number of 79 101 and 79 111)

I remember auditioning speakers by the dozens, looking for a pair that would give me non-colored sound throughout the range. The principle test record that I used was the Telarc pressing of the 1812 Overture. The church bells would often be what separated an okay speaker from the better ones, the sound of 'muddy' bells isn't pretty....but it was the cannons that really killed off the contenders. Literally. Good thing those things had fuses in them! The Studio 10's breezed right through them without a fuss and the sound was just gorgeous.

And they still are today.

-Jeff
  • walk
    walk Posts: 178
    edited January 2004
    Options
    Groovy baby. Dig the quadrophonic sound, it's far-out man.
    - Sony 50"A3000 SXRD; Onkyo TX-SR 805
    - Polk RTi150 mains; CSi30 center; FXi3 surrounds, R15 backs
    - Velodyne CHT-12 subwoofer
  • couzy
    couzy Posts: 3
    edited July 2004
    Options
    i ended up paying ten bucks for the pair. Still was curious about the age though. wow those scans of the brochures are awesome tyvm!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    edited July 2004
    Options
    The brochure shows the very original Polk 7 and 10. Note that the PR's are uncoated, and the PR on the 7 is only 8" in diameter. Those are the Peerless tweeters... not obvious whether they had the pinholes that the later Polk Peerless's did.

Thanks for posting those Russ... I'd been meaning to since I found these forums, but hadn't gotten round to it.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2004
    Options
    The 'pinholes' were actually done by Polk to the Peerless tweeter, with a steady hand and a touch from the tip of a hot iron - believe it.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2004
    Options
    A pair of Monitor 7's is on my short list of 'must own' speakers.....

They make my pants go crazy.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2004
    Options
    why not the mon 10's? or 12's for that matter?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I dunno, just one of those things. A buddy of mine has a pair of the 7's and I just love 'em.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I just picked up a pair of Monitor 10A's with the Peerless, it really is a sweet series of vintage Polk's to wish for.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I;m loving my 10's :)
    Life without music would
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I just picked up a pair of Monitor 10A's with the Peerless, it really is a sweet series of vintage Polk's to wish for.

Congrats Doro. I have those exact same speakers. They are a treat for sure and definitely keepers / collectibles for me.

Paul
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Thanks Paul, you have stellar taste in gear as shown by your previous posts in this joint.

I was real happy they came w/ original stands, as I never saw them before.

Mark
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2004
    Options
    why are those 7's and 10's sound damn good sounding?

I'd like to own a mint pair of 10's now. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Options
    You can have these in a few months, just depends on the mood at the time :)
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d