porsche 997 speaker replacements

Options
evhudsons
evhudsons Posts: 1,175
edited January 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2007 Porsche 997 coupe and am going to replace the speakers. I tried the car fit guide here on polkaudio.com but it didn't have any matches. Is that possible?

I'm all ears on recommendations.

from what I have found, I need the following:

a pair of tweeters for the dash, 1"
a pair of mids for the door between 3 and 4 inches
a pair of mid bass for the doors between 5 and 7 inches.

I have read I need spacers or rings or something for most speakers to make it fit.
Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
Post edited by evhudsons on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Itll depend on how much youre wanting to spend. You can get anything from the $25 Vifa dome tweeters to the $150 Scan Illuminator top of the line tweeters. Morel has a couple excellent quality 3 way component sets that would fit that bill just fine.

Check out the DIY Mobile Audio forum and poke around there. That is the top car audio forum online and has a lot of professional installers as regular posters. They could help you a lot with the details as I dont even know anybody with a Porsche much less installed in one. LOL
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D