So I couldn't leave well enough alone..........

Options
headrott
headrott Posts: 5,484
edited January 2013 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I added some Cardas CCRR Rhodium plated binding posts to my BAT VK-200 amp. Yes, I know the original binding posts were made by Cardas and were gold plated but I love the neutral sound of the Rhodium plated ones. Plus, the BAT amp is easily warm enough as it is and a little neutrality will be nice. The CCRR posts a slightly beefier than the originals in the and lightly longer in length. I have not had the chance to listen since the install, but I will give a listen tonight. Can't wait! Some pictures (from my iphone, so they are not great pictures) are below.

BAT VK-200 binding posts 237.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 238.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 239.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 240.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 241.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 242.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 243.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 244.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 245.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 246.JPG
BAT VK-200 binding posts 247.JPG
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
Post edited by headrott on

Comments

• danz1906
    danz1906 Posts: 5,144
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I always wanted a BAT amp..........Sweet!
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Looking great! :biggrin: Those Cardas CCRR posts are the best! Your amp is a very good one for doing this, because of the placement of those posts. So many amps are a real PITA to change them out.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Wow... I thought the original posts were nice... :cheesygrin:

Congrats on the upgrade!
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited January 2013
    Options
    zingo wrote: »
    Wow... I thought the original posts were nice... :cheesygrin:

Congrats on the upgrade!

Thanks guys.

Yeah, hence the title Jake. The originals are nice, but I love the Rhodium sound the posts give. Sort of clean, clear and detailed.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kewl! Love the look! I had some Harmonic Technology Pro Silway MK III + IC's with Furutech Rhodium connectors.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *