PA 660 Auto Turn On?

steakboy
steakboy Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have recently bought the PA 660 amp for my car. i have everything set up. i ran the power cable from battery to amp. ran the ground to the body of my car. ran a single RCA cable from my radio to the REAR amp RCA input. i ran the
spade thingy from my speakers (Pioneer TSA1671R, 220 watt speakers) to the rear input on my amp. i turned my car on and no sound came from them. with using no amp they work, but with amp they dont work. i look at the Power LED light and its not on. i look at the bad connection LED and its not on either. i am currently no using the bulk cable
thingy (the big rectangular one). so i am wondering if i NEED to use that bulk cable, NOT just the RCA cable, thanks in advance
Post edited by steakboy on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2013
    You have to run a remote turn on lead to the amp. Your head unit should have one so just tap into that. If not you can just tap into a small fuse that powers up with the ignition like the radio fuse.

The auto turn on feature only works when you're using speaker level inputs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D