Carver M200t

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Just hit the some local pawn shops at lunch, found a Carver M200t amp, silver faced, they had $69 on it.

I'm sure I can talk em down to maybe $55, any thoughts? Of course, they don't have the gear to test it in the store, so I'd have to do the '24hr' guarantee and take it home to test.

Any quick ideas on how to test this thing in the shop? Will a walkman and 1 small speaker do the trick?

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2001
    Options
    does the walkman have a variable output? or a set of RCAs?
    most likely not on both counts, the 24hr warranty should be enough to find out if it is working, 60.00 buck or so is a killer price.
    I would at least check the fuse and power it up at the shop.
    I think that amp has yellow LED's at the top of the power meters that light up if there is a problem.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I'll have to look again, I don't think this one had any led's on the face. Good call on the fuse, I'll have a look-see.

I have a walkman with a line out, and an adapter to go from 1/8th to dual rca, just wondering.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2001
    Options
    the walkman should work, when I was talking about the LED's I was thinking the M200t was the 400t "The Cube".
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    edited December 2001
    Options
    Well, went back today, just a few minutes ago, the counter guy let me hook it up to the lineouts on a awia mini-system, and plugged in the awia speakers, I asked him 'Are you sure this is ok?' He said yeah, do it. Turned it on, green light, about 3 seconds of LOUD LOUD music....

no more awia speakers, I laughed my **** off. The counter guy said 'Man, what was I thinking'

Checked again on some big CV's, worked like a charm, talked em down to 60, tax included.

I can't afford to keep it, but a buddy of mine sure is happy. He has a DIY sub with dual Dayton Titanics 10's, and has been waitin' for a good deal.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    Options
    You know, Charleston has the WORST friggin pawn shops in the world. I check them out every now and then but if ever they do have something, they want TOP dollar for it.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I was thinking along the same lines.... $69??...WHERE DO YOU GUYS FIND THESE THINGS? Seems the pawn shops I've visited rarely get any decent electronics, and if they do, they want about what you would pay for it new. And if I take anything in to SELL, it's worth "maybe $25"...:mad:
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I can't afford to keep it, but a buddy of mine sure is happy. He has a DIY sub with dual Dayton Titanics 10's, and has been waitin' for a good deal.
    I didn't know I had a DIY subwoofer.....

Aaron