EX693a

Options
thegame217
thegame217 Posts: 2
edited July 2001 in Technical/Setup
I recently purchased the ex693a model at Circuit City based on numerous reviews saying that they were the best speaker for your dollar.

I have yet had the time to install them into my factory opening and just have them sitting in my backseat. I get very little bass response from them and the overall sound is not up to the Polk standard. Can someone tell me if this will go away and the speakers will perform up to the standard that you would expect of Polk Audio when I drop them in my factory openings?

Thanks in advance
Post edited by thegame217 on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    Options
    duh!

scott:cool:
  • thegame217
    thegame217 Posts: 2
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Thanks

I was just wondering, cause my factory crap's bass sounded louder than them.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2001
    Options
  • jcaut
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Any speaker is going to sound like crap if it's lying on the back seat. Put them the factory openings or at least some kind of enclosure.

( Still got those Monitor 10's, Scott? I wish I was a little closer!)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Options
    The guys are trying to tell you yes. When you don't have it in an enclosure of some sort, a raw woofers back wave is allowed to come around the basket, and cancel out the front wave. This equals no bass. Put them in an enclosure of some sort and I think you'll be happier. This question belongs in "The Infield" which is car stereo.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • jcaut
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I was just kidding and wasn't trying to be a smart-*** with my first reply. I apologize if that's the way it was taken. I think it's great that people can get on here and ask questions and learn about speakers and whatever else. I've done it myself many times :confused: .
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ...for the heck of it. And YES I am tring to be a stick in the mud.

Are you car audio guys aware that Polk took the rest of the members forum that used to be the Design/Theory Forum and donated it to you car audio fans as the dedicated "Car Stereo Forum"? Or has this escaped you? What gives? Is it that you have no luck with your questions in the "Car Stereo Forum" or what? I'm curious, help me understand the need to use this Forum for "Car Stereo" questions/problems.

And don't miss the point of my post here:
    I know what some are thinking already, no, I don't have anything against someone being a car audio buff.