Pristine Yamaha CR 2040 120w/ch AM/FM receiver with box 1979

geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,075
edited December 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale is my Yamaha CR 2040 120w/ch AM/FM receiver with box from 1979. This is not some garage sale or estate find. I am the third owner of this top of the line receiver. This model is somewhat rare and was top of the line 1979-1981. IT IS IN ALMOST PRISTINE CONDITION AND FUNCTIONS WORK AS THEY SHOULD INCLUDING METERS AND ALL LIGHTS. Having the lights all working on a 40 series receiver is pretty unusual in itself. .

The unit is a 9 or more out of 10 with a faceplate, and case that are in excellent condition as is the inside. This is the tight wrap walnut case that is 22 inches wide The other zebra case is 23 inches wide and will not fir in many cabinets. It features 120 w/ch into 8 ohms and 140 into 4 ohms. It weighs 46 lbs and has a huge transformer and two 22,000uf caps the size of beer cans. Unlike the smaller 40 series units the 2040 uses all discrete outputs. Inputs for 2 tape decks, aux, 2 turntables and adaptor. Also can handle a MC cartridge with phono options for MM. Can handel 2 sets of speakers as well as 2 sets of headphones and as having preamp out terminals.

Included is the orignal factory box and packing materials and a copy of the owners manual. It will be double boxed if shipping is involved to protect the original box.

The sound is very full with a bit of warmth. never harsh or bright. This is about as nice a CR 2040 as you will find and everything works. Links available to my excellent feedback.

I am asking $495 Thanks
Post edited by geppy1 on

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited December 2012
    Pretty much at the top of the food chain in its time. Second only to the even more rare and elusive (earlier) CR-3020 that weighed in over 84 lbs. Almost "impossible" to find in the U.S.! And, unless I'm mistaken, there was no CR 3040 successor?

CR 2040, probably more receiver than most anyone needs. I know that I'm very happy with my lowly CR-800. There is something about the classic Yamaha vintage sound that's clean, detailed, powerful, and just "right"!

GLWTS!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,182
    edited December 2012
    That's a sweetie right there!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,152
    edited December 2012
    Is the 495.00 shipped?
  • geppy1
    edited December 2012
    NO but I have a Fedex account which helps . Maybe $40 shipped and insured to WA it will be more then that but I would eat it. This is heavy at around 50lbs packed.
  • geppy1
    edited December 2012
    Item has been SOLD Thanks
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,182
    edited December 2012
    Too bad the old Items don't allow HDMI and those other fancy things called remotes:razz: Congrats on the sale!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!