Xbox 360... 4GB or 250GB?

mdaudioguy
mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
edited December 2012 in Video Games
Such a huge difference in storage space between the two available models - 4GB vs 250GB. Why would I want one over the other? Do I need a lot of storage? My son wants one for Christmas. He already has one at his mom's house, so I guess he'd just carry the disks back and forth. I don't think we'd use it for much else, since we already have a PS3, which we use for Netflix and movies on demand.

So, all you Xboxers out there, do you recommend one model or the other? Any other considerations?
Post edited by mdaudioguy on

Comments

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited December 2012
    If he is doing online playing get the 250.Hell get the 250 anyway.If i understand it correctly it stores more so you don't have lag from buffering.
    If i'm wrong i'm sure some fine polkie will make me look stupid for it.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited December 2012
    I have both I do not notice any storage issues. Yes I do download games onto hard drive on the bigger one, but again is that what your looking for? Your son will have to bring his disks either way, you need the disk in the drive.

Also just so you know you can put a 32 or 64 gb stick in and use that as storage also. And honestly there are pros and cons with both ps3 and xbox, but I prefer xbox as a media station more than ps3.

I
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2012
    Also just so you know you can put a 32 or 64 gb stick in and use that as storage also. And honestly there are pros and cons with both ps3 and xbox, but I prefer xbox as a media station more than ps3.

This is what we did for my dad. We got him the 4 gig and then a 32 gig flash drive (it cant do a single 32 gig flash drive). You can do multiple 32 gig flash drives if needed.

In my dad's case he doesnt do tons of gaming (but for Halo 4) so he needs more than 4 but not the full 250 IHMO.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • specd_out
    specd_out Posts: 505
    edited December 2012
    if he does alot of online gaming you want the 250. a lot of the popular games have map packs or downloadable content. For example Battlefield 3 as of right now has about 9.6gb of extra content that is used for online gaming.
    HT Rig Samsung 64F8500 |Pioneer Elite BDP-52FD|Pioneer Elite VSX-32| Two Carver TFM-15cb Bridged for mains|Polk Audio RTiA5 Cherry|Polk Audio CsiA6 Cherry|Polk Audio T-15 Heights|Polk Audio FXia6 Surround|DIY 8cuft Dayton Ultimax 15" powered with a Crown XLS1000
    2Channel Rig Polk Audio LSi9 Cherry| Carver C-1BillD Mod|Carver M1.0t MkII Opt2|Pro-ject RM 1.3|SpeedBox S|AQ King Cobras|AQ Rocket88|
    ISF Level 2 Certified Calibrator
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2012
    if he already carries his games back and forth in between he can do the sam with the hard drive, that way all his saves and downloads will all be on both xboxs and hew wont have to wait for his profile to update from being used online on a different xbox,
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA