Are you ready for the next-generation of gaming?

Options
tommyt21
tommyt21 Posts: 685
edited February 2013 in Video Games
Check out these links it appears according to rumours that Next-Gen will be here soon.:mrgreen:

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-features-revealed

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox-720-and-playstation-4-to-be-announced-this-coming-may

http://www.t3.com/news/xbox-720-rumours-1

I cant wait for the next gen consoles. I like my Xbox 360, however I will pre-order the next xbox when it becomes available... HALO 5:eek::eek::eek::mrgreen:
Living Room
Fronts: RTi A7's
Center: Csi A6 VR3 "Fortress Plus"
Front Heights: Rti A1
Surrounds: Rti A3
Sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 Damn this is a good SUB
Pioneer Pioneer Elite: SC-35-> Emotiva XPA-3
TV: Lg LW6500 55" Passive 3D
Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

Acoustimac red suede panels
Post edited by tommyt21 on

Comments

• kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'll pre-order the next Xbox day one... but until Microsoft announces the thing, it's all just supposition.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I stopped preordering things until the week before it is released. If I preorder to far in advance I forget I ordered it, and buy it again. :eek:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If the speculation is true then the Microsoft 720 will be the most advanced in the hardware department :surprised:
  • blehmbo
    blehmbo Posts: 179
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If the speculation is true then the Microsoft 720 will be the most advanced in the hardware department :surprised:
    Behind PCs? ;) It should be interesting to see what the next generation of consoles brings.
  • PubFiction
    PubFiction Posts: 105
    edited December 2012
    Options
    It is kinda funny how they flip flop on strategy, first of all the rumors might all be garbage anyway, fake leaks and speculation seem to have no repercussion now days for the media.

But much of the xbox success was with its lower price point, so now they want to flip over to being the higher end higher priced device. You see this alot in the MS strategy but AFAIK they just do not pull it off well. MS is the dominant player in the OS market, you never think of the biggest company with the most volume as the one with the high priced products. It just does not seem to work but they keep trying it. Reminds me of the days when walmart started to kill Kmart, and Kmarts big idea was to go high end and it utterly failed of course. I like MS better when they were the developer for the people who didn't have the deep pockets of apple and sony fans. They just tried to make really useful products and let that sell the product.

Also so is the PS4 going to release after the xbox, releasing last and not being faster is not a good position, everything I have heard puts sony at last to release.
  • swb502
    swb502 Posts: 112
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I thought the same thing, Xbox banked on being cheaper and cratering sports/shooter crowd, the wii was targeting the Nintendo fanboys, which are a freebie honestly and the causal gamer, and PS3 was sticking to the RPG, Simulations, Japaneses stuff.

It looks like Sony and Microsoft are going to make plays on the other twos markets rather then consolidating there gains. I don't think its a good plan for either of them, but I don't know how many people are in each market. If xbox goes digital only there is no way I'll buy one, I hate steam. But I could see a digital only option driving the hardware price down so they can beef it up.

I think the thing people have really missed is the ability to bring people into the games without having them jump around the room. I don't know about everyone but when I'm fiuring up a game, its normally to relax, I don't want to swing my arm 500 times to play a Final Fantasy game.

You would think Sony with its mass production home theater capabilities, they would package a system with surround and give game designs the ability to make all games use directional sound, I really would like to see them put in light sources too, but I'm not sure if the risk of seizures and such would be too high.

Also agreed on the release thing, Wii U is just sort of there and seems to been more or less just an upgrade for the people who had Wii. PS3 still has a huge amount of room on it, sitting back 18+ months you could see what happens to Microsoft and make some minor tweaks. $100 a year to play online with xbox too? Forget that.
    Work in Progress HT
    Receiver- Yamaha RX-2700
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2 x 2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Rear: Polk Audio Monitor 40
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    Projector: Epson 8100 HC
    Screen: Visual Apex 120"
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
  • PubFiction
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I doubt anyone is going to go streaming only, sony will want to keep pushing BR, the only way you could get rid of the disk is to have a pretty large hard drive in there, but large hard drives increase the cost and that goes against the console business model of making the cheapest device that is faster than last gen, or faster than your competition. Personally I love steam, but heh I live where I have access to reasonable broadband. I wont ever go back to discs that need to be stored, remembering to install games, etc, having my whole library at at my finger tips and ready to install is great. But no matter how good that is there are lots of people who it doesnt work for.
  • kuntasensei
    edited December 2012
    Options
    swb502 wrote: »
    $100 a year to play online with xbox too? Forget that.
    In what world do people pay $100 a year for Xbox Live? Just wondering. 'Cause it's not uncommon to get a 1 year card from Amazon or Newegg for like $35... and is $3 a month really that hard to justify? Considering how much I use cross-game chat with friends, I'm fine with it.

I doubt either Sony or MS will go all-digital. Broadband infrastructure isn't there yet, and they're both servicing markets that don't have widespread internet. Don't expect disc-based storage to go anywhere any time soon. I do expect that both will open their consoles up to free-to-play downloadable games based on microtransactions, like we're seeing on the PC. I also think you will see more downloadable versions of on-disc games coming out the same day on Live/PSN as they release in stores, which will give them a nice transition to a digital-only solution in the future. I just don't think we're there yet.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • PubFiction
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well i think it comes from being jaded that after you already paid for the game, hardware, and accessories as well as your internet connectin you have to pay for XBL to do simple things you already pay for through some other way.
  • kuntasensei
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I get the usual arguments against it... but then you have to take into consideration that there are more people playing on Xbox Live so it's easier to find a game, they have 24/7 monitoring of their service (so outages are never lengthy, unlike PSN), they have a system in place to catch/ban cheaters and monitor complaints, being a Rewards member on Gold gets you some of your money spent on DLC back, you can chat with your friends in a party across games using Microsoft's Live servers (which you can't do on PS3 because of hardware limitations), and it's a closed and more secure system as far as privacy/credit card info goes.

I mean, we'd all like for things to be free... but even the PC had pay services for things like these back when online multiplayer started. Whether it's of value to you is the question, I suppose... but it doesn't seem to have stopped Xbox 360 from having the largest online population of players of the three consoles. If $3 a month is what keeps you from being part of that, then that sucks.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
  • PubFiction
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I do not remember any such pay services for the PC, I am sure there were some but obviously they were failures, we buy into games as a business model but we don't have to pay on top of the business model another business model that is completely independent, being a closed platform is the only reason this works for XBL, you have a game system a single company owns and advertises and closes it down, and at the start they take a loss to sucker you into buying it and being trapped in the ecosystem, then they make the most trivial of things require XBL. When ever you purchase any product you do have to think of the total cost, as well as quality. And that is where XBOX becomes not worth it, it will cost you more in the long run and you will be stuck with low quality for a very long time. But each person they trap in the system becomes a person that you cannot play games with.
  • PubFiction
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I should probably also point out that the beauty of America is that when ever a bad business model creeps up, it seems to take over lol, because the people who do it make so much money off of it they can afford to saturate your media with ads. So while I think the idea of forcing you to pay extra just to play games you already bought on an internet connection you already pay for is ridiculous I wont be surprised if sony starts pulling the same thing next gen.
  • swb502
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The $100 figure came form the articles originally posted that said they expect Xbox 720 to have a $100 a year fee for online, ontop of a $500 buy in price. I will absolutely consider that xbox live is much easier to use and rarely has problems, I just hate that it feels like a money vacuum. Pub there sort of hit it on the head, the pay-to-play model is wildly successful, see MMOs, (WoW) but for allot of games I don't need a connection to the internet or want one really, see Final Fantasy. Also things like Starcraft kind of set the bar for so many people, free service that is always rock solid. PSNs online is pretty bad yet, but also as Pub pointed out, its allot more open.

I am curious out OYUA is going to change the landscape or its just going to be a little bust.
    Work in Progress HT
    Receiver- Yamaha RX-2700
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited December 2012
    Options
    We can look at this way, turn the clock back 20-30 years ago when people including myself dumped ton's of coins in the arcades...thats how we got here today

Pac-Man fever
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • carldnovin
    carldnovin Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Yes yes, I am waiting for your now game.
  • tommyt21
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Living Room
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

• slider2828
    slider2828 Posts: 118
    edited December 2012
    Options
    XBOX 720 can't wait
  • tommyt21
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Some new information have popped up online today in regards to the upcoming “PS4” and “Xbox 720” next-generation systems. Kotaku posted a story comparing the graphics capabilities of the two consoles in addition to the confidence Sony and Microsoft on whether not they could release their products by the end of next year. You can check out some concept images of the “PS4” and “Xbox 720” from Yanko Design in the slideshow at the top of this article and the details below.

According to Kotaku, the “Xbox 720,” which they referred to as “Durango,” have roughly the same graphics power as the “PS4,” which is codenamed the “Orbis.” You can check out their comments below:

View slideshow: ‘PS4’ and ‘Xbox 720’ graphics power and release date confidence compared

We've also heard that Durango is roughly as graphically capable as the second-most powerful PC on the market today, which, yes, is quite the indirect statement. The chatter we hear is that Durango and Orbis are close in power to each other or at least both in the same league past the current gen.

The website also mentioned the planned release dates for the “PS4” and “Xbox 720.” Microsoft’s confidence is reported as being high that they will be able to release their next-generation system in North America by next Christmas. Although Sony wants to do they same, they don’t seem as confident, according to Kotaku:

The vibe I get when I hear about Durango is that Microsoft is on the mark. Sony appears to inspire less confidence, though I've had a hard time nailing down why and discerning how much lost confidence is due to the on-and-off troubles of the PlayStation 3 and the struggles of the Vita vs. how much lost confidence is due to any problems looming for PS4. What I do know is that confidence is high that the next Xbox will be out in time for next Christmas. Confidence is less high that Sony will pull off the same feat, though they want to.

The “PS4” is the successor to the “PS3” while the “Xbox 720” is the follow-up to “Xbox 360.”
    Living Room
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

• tommyt21
    edited December 2012
    Options
    “Xbox 720 release date, news and rumours”

Published on Thursday 13 December 2012 10:59

Advertorial Feature

As the Xbox 360 enters its 7th year of life, many console gamers are eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Xbox 720. Microsoft have been reluctant to address these rumours, stating that the Xbox 360 was designed to have a 10 year lifecycle, however after the failed launch of the Windows 8 operating system, many pundits suspect that this lifecycle may be cut short as the software giant looks to regain momentum.
    With a number of recent developer leaks showing the rumoured Xbox 720 Durango to be reality, it seems that the 720 will most definitely be released sooner than later.
    Release date
    The release date of the Xbox 720 is still highly disputed, with Microsofts European boss going on record in 2010 saying that we've got at least another five years of this generation.
    Internet rumours have been mixed, with initial hopes for a 2012 release. These hopes have now been quashed, with financial news agency Bloomberg citing developer information that points to a Christmas 2013 release.
    Specs
    There have been many rumoured specs for the next generation console, however they remain just that: rumours. Early sources seemed to have been making grandiose assumptions that the Xbox 720 would be packed with a number of highly specced pieces of hardware.
    Recently surfaced information from hacker Hector Martin seems to put these claims into question after he cited insider knowledge pointing to the fact that the Xbox 720 would only feature a 1.6GHz processor. That being said, MHz isnt the deciding factor of how well a console can perform, this is largely down to how the processor is set up.
    Kinect 2
    Kinect has been partly responsible for the Xbox 360s continuing success, showing that the console can remain up to date with additional hardware releases. The industry leading motion controller is rumoured to get its second iteration with the release of the 720.
    Controllers
    Perhaps the most intriguing rumours circulating are regarding the 720 controllers. The controllers are widely thought to be housing some form of screen that will offer improved media hub functionality. The rumours posted by Xbox World Magazine seem to be highly plausible and could go on to be a huge selling point for Microsoft.
    Blu Ray or HDD
    The format used by the Xbox 720 is still completely unknown and is still believed to be in discussion amongst the developers at Microsoft. Whilst Blu-ray has proven to be highly successful for competitors Sony, many believe that Microsoft will be pushing for a download format that will circumvent any need for physical discs. Whilst this option is ideal for countries with highly developed internet infrastructure, one can only think that sales in less developed countries will surely suffer.
    Whilst the true nature of the Xbox 720 is yet to be known, initial rumours seem to be pointing in a very positive direction. It may be a year until release, so its probably not worth trying to sell Xbox 360 consoles just yet!
    Living Room
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

• tommyt21
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Living Room
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

• Dimehead
    Dimehead Posts: 31
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They both sound pretty freak'n awesome!!!
    Front Stage
    Polk Audio MM6501 Door's
    Polk Audio MM5251 Kick Panels
    Back: Polk Audio MM651
    Sub : 2x Polk Audio MM1240dvc
    Front's : Soundstream Reference 700s
    Back : Polk Audio PA D200.2
    SUB : Soundstream Referencre 1000s 1ohm
    Alpine 3331 EQ
    Alpine cda-9856 Receiver
  • sandman012
    sandman012 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Options
    My thumbs hurt
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Isn't the Wii U out already? Why wait for one of the others?

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • PubFiction
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Because the wii U is weak hardly a next gen console it's only allowing it to catch up the current xbox and ps.
  • swb502
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Its impressive stuff, but I have figure the programing this stuff is going to take means $100 per game is on the horizion :[
    Work in Progress HT
    Receiver- Yamaha RX-2700
    Blu-Ray- 60 GB PS3
  • Syndil
    Syndil Posts: 1,582
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Actually Steam is going to be making a PC-based console. They already have "big-picture mode" for Steam, which is optimized for playing games on a TV with a controller, and now they'll be making hardware optimized to run it. The PC has already been making inroads into the living room with HTPC, so this was a logical next step. And with the constant sales on Steam, you never have to pay that much, unless you just want the latest game right now. I have nearly 200 games on Steam and have rarely paid more than $10 for one. Don't have to mess with discs, since everything is downloaded, will work with an Xbox controller, and you don't have to pay a monthly fee to play online.

http://kotaku.com/5966860/gabe-newell-living-room-pcs-will-compete-with-next+gen-consoles

RT-12, CS350-LS, PSW-300, Infinity Overture 1, Monoprice RC-65i
    Adcom GFA-545II, GFA-6000, Outlaw Audio 990, Netgear NeoTV
    Denon DCM-460, DMD-1000, Sony BDP-360, Bravia KDL-40Z4100/S
    Monster AVL-300, HTS-2500 MKII
  • Juggalo23451
    Juggalo23451 Posts: 42
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Computer builder and water cooler
    res/mcp35x-rx480-gpu-gpu-rx480 white tubing
    res/mcp35x-rx480cpu-chipset-res orange tubing
  • tommyt21
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Living Room
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect

• oleon621
    oleon621 Posts: 178
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Really looking forward to the next gen and by that time i hope 4k tvs are cheap for the consumer.
    Front- RTI A7,(powered by ADCOM GFA 5500)
    Center- CSI5,
    Surrounds- RTI 6 and Rear Surrounds- TS 15.
    TV-Panasonic P55ST50
    SUB-SVS PB10-NSD and PSW505
    Receiver- Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000
  • tommyt21
    edited January 2013
    Options
    CES has pushed out some strong leaks on the next XBOX. Its looking more and more that we will see a 2013 fall release of the Xbox 720!!
    Confirmed chip production now started.
    Confirmed Alpha kits returned Betas are now with Dev teams.....
    Confirmed I will wait in line on release!!
    Living Room
    Blu-Ray Panasonic BD 210
    XboX 360 Slim/Kinect