Review of the Modded by VR3; Rti a7

Options
polk500
polk500 Posts: 1,171
edited November 2012 in Speakers
Review of the Modded by VR3; Rti a7

First of all I would like to point out that Trey is great to deal with and the quality of workmanship is first rate.

And second I?m not any kind of Audio expert not even close what I know I learned mostly on this site and some haphazard research on the net.

So it?s been a few months now since I got the a7?s modded and I love the sound, no harshness, no fatigue, just great sound.
My humble gear for listening to two channel consists of HK AVR 3600, Parasound 1500a Amp, Mitt interconnect cables, Luminous Audio Synchestra Signature Speaker Cables and Source is the world?s greatest invention Squeeze Box touch; music ripped apple lossless.

Before I had these crossovers modded there was times that I couldn?t listen for more than a couple of hours at a time as they tended to be kind of shrill on some music playback at moderate levels, nothing against these speakers but is common knowledge and been stated on this forum many times great speakers( I do believe these were designed for HT and they excel in that format) but playing then moderate to loud with certain types of music can be a bit taxing on the ears.

I didn?t think that modded crossovers would make the speakers capable playing such a wide range of music and still sound good to my ears.

And now it?s a pleasure even after mouths of listening it brings a smile to my face whether it the Kids playing pop or Indy music, or me playing hard rock, classical, jazz or the blues everything sounds fantastic.

Now what I compared then too is a friend?s Kef Q9 with a newer Parasound and another friends set of 2011 Martin Logan?s run off a new Marantz AVR playing the same tunes on CD. Not apples to apples of course but both guys have fine equipment. And I have to say I would take my modded a7s over theirs any time.

I?m truly impressed with the improvements in overall sound.

Cheers
Roger
Post edited by polk500 on

Comments