If you're in the market for a subwoofer above and beyond the 505...

Options
JimAckley
JimAckley Posts: 1,138
I have a Polk PSW1000 Ebony for sale. Visit my for-sale thread and give me a shout!
- Computer Rig -
YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
Post edited by JimAckley on

Comments

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited October 2012
    Options
    JIM! Good to see you!
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2012
    Options
    It's good to be back Cody. Between work and school, I haven't had much time for anything else these days, so it's nice to get away from both and catch up on PF.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • hewlew1
    hewlew1 Posts: 154
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Unfortunately I cant visit you for sale thread as I have not reached 100 posts yet.
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hewlew1, visit Polk's page on it to get the general info.

My model is missing the 4 feet (inexpensive and easy to get from Polk's Customer Service dept.) and has a couple scratches in the ebony wood on one side thanks to a mover setting it sideways on my garage floor, but they're not noticeable unless you're up close on the unit and looking for them. It's pretty tough to beat the 1000 in its appearance as well as its size vs output, plus virtually no vibration thanks to dual-opposing drivers. It's got a mountain of headroom, digs DEEP, and I literally have never heard it distort.

I currently have it listed at $325 (plus shipping, unless you're local).
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• mwk455
    mwk455 Posts: 219
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Jim how much do you think shipping would be to wisconsin. Im looking to upgrade my sub .
  • mwk455
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Im running around the idea to fund the sub by selling my carver a500x and just running my lsi15s with the lsic and boston rears off my marantz 7002 . Any thoughts on that?
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2012
    Options
    What's your zip code?

The LSi series' impedance drops down pretty low, so at high playback levels that's going to put a good bit of strain on your receiver. Hook them up to the Marantz, crank it up, and see how it goes. Check your receiver every so often to see if its overheating. If the Marantz can hang, then I suppose you're okay for the time being. Just keep in mind, most receivers tend not to like driving the LSi15s very hard.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• mwk455
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So maybe just wait on the sub for now would be the best way to go.
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Perhaps. Give it a shot with just your Marantz. See how well it drives your setup, and how hot it gets. If it goes smoothly, then you know you're set.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• mwk455
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I didn't go good without the carver . It didn't sound as good so have to save . My zip is 53089
  • JimAckley
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I was afraid so. I'm PMing you all the details.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -