SurroundBar 6000 Sub volume with broken remote?

Options
Libertyc
Libertyc Posts: 914
edited September 2012 in Troubleshooting
Is there a way to control my SurroundBar 6000 sub levels without remote? I have the remote but it never worked right, and now totally died. It is not the button cell. I have my harmony remote controlling everything but the sub. I need a working remote to program the IR code on my harmony. Yes I called harmony. Any suggestions would help.
Thanks.
Post edited by Libertyc on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hello Libertyc,
    I believe the only way to control the sub's level is either at the bar itself or via the Polk remote. If it were me I would call Polk's CS department and get a replacement remote. The telephone number is 1-800-377-7655 or via email at polkcs@polkaudio.com. I'm not sure if you can program these instructions into a learning remote or not, but you would need a working Polk remote in either case.
    Regards, Ken
  • Libertyc
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Thanks Ken. Cant figure out how to control volume on the surroundbar itself. Yes I need a working remote to program the Harmony remote. I did contact customer service a few days ago via email through the Polk site. I will call them Monday. Thanks again for the help.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hello,
    With the SurroundBar on (LED will be green) tap the "learn" button once, the LED will turn amber. Then the "up" and "down" level controls will raise and lower the subwoofer's volume. Touch the "learn" button again and it will return to normal operation. I believe this is mentioned in the owner's manual, page 9, I think.
    Cheers, Ken
  • Libertyc
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Thanks Ken! It worked. I can now hear the sub. I should have read the manual but like always it disappeared.
    Just want to thank you very much. Have a great night.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hello,
    No problem, glad to be of help. Here's the link for the manual:
    http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manual/IHT6000MN.pdf
    Enjoy, Ken
  • aarafsyed
    Options
    Good evening dear all
    I have surroundBar 6000 while switching on the LED IS NOT TURNING GREEN ITS BLINKING RED, is there any way to reset or what should I do. There's no sound in the bar
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I believe the reset is to unplug the AC power cord and set the AC selector to "off" both on the bar and the subwoofer. Then re-plug the AC power cords and switch the selectors to "on".
    If there's still a problem contact Polk's CS department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1.
    Regards, Ken