Let's see your headphone stand!

Options
Face
Face Posts: 14,340
edited September 2013 in Headphones
I forgot what it was named, but only cost @ $20 and was located by the banana hangers in BB&B.

wXz45.jpg
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by Face on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That is nice1

But I have IEM's. The only stand I have for them are my pockets or wherever it is convinient

Halen
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sexy

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• makaveli0340
    makaveli0340 Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That just gave me an idea. I think that I'll re-purpose our extra banana hanger as a headphone stand.

IMG_20120804_085759.jpg
  • walleyeny
    walleyeny Posts: 36
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Great photo taken .
  • Face
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I had a moment of weakness a few weeks back...

rMoRS.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2012
    Options
    What exactly is that Face?
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    I had a moment of weakness a few weeks back...

rMoRS.jpg

Very nice, Mike.

On another note. How do you think those KEFs would work as near field Studio Monitors for a small recording set up? Thinking of putting one together for my daughter who has been posting songs on the web?

Thanks!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Face
    edited June 2013
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    Very nice, Mike.

On another note. How do you think those KEFs would work as near field Studio Monitors for a small recording set up? Thinking of putting one together for my daughter who has been posting songs on the web?

cnh
    I can't think of a better speaker in their price range. Being a dual concentric, makes them perfect for near field use. Imaging and soundstage is impressive, and they have a decent amount of low end for a small speaker.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I can't think of a better speaker in their price range. Being a dual concentric, makes them perfect for near field use. Imaging and soundstage is impressive, and they have a decent amount of low end for a small speaker.

Which KEF's are they?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Face
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Q100.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2013
    Options

Thanks, Mike. I think these will make her happy. I'm going to have to do some acoustic room treatments as well--smallish room, 11' x 12.25'..

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited June 2013
    Options
    IMG_1737.jpg

Audeze LCD-3's with the HeadRoom Triple Stack and Logitech Squeezebox Touch. And a Woo stand!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • EndersShadow
    edited June 2013
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    IMG_1737.jpg

Audeze LCD-3's with the HeadRoom Triple Stack and Logitech Squeezebox Touch. And a Woo stand!

Wow thats a nice stack!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yes, it's perfect for my office. Next year when we downsize to an apartment, I'm planning to incorporate the headphones with my SDA rig, primarily so I can listen to vinyl with the headphones. At that point the HeadRoom stack isn't the right choice. I won't need the Dac, for one thing. I may do some major gear rotation and sell the Triple stack, along with my Dared MC-7P and and Marantz SA8004 sacd player, which is also my dac. Then I may go completely off the deep end and buy my dream head/preamp. The Ray Samuels Emeline B-52. Nothing else like it in the world. I'd also get his balanced phono stage and the Oppo 105, so I'd have a fully balanced rig again. Only question is.... Where will I get the cash?:eek:
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • EndersShadow
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yes, it's perfect for my office.

Yes I am loving my mini-itx computer with Audio GD NFB-5 headphone amp and Beyerdynamic DT-770's at work myself. I use a XBMC remote to ocntrol everything playback wise on my iPhone. Its pretty slick and makes getting out of listening to the girl whose always on her cell phone at work talking about personal drama go away quickly :biggrin:

Only question is.... Where will I get the cash?:eek:

You only need 1 kidney and IIRC your liver grows back, so maybe every couple months sell a piece of it till you reach your goal. Paired with the fluids you can sell, you should be able to reach your goal pretty quickly :biggrin:.
  • EndersShadow
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I am thinking about buying this stand. It looks pretty cool IMHO. That said Face's headphone stand is much nicer but I have this slight feeling its a bit pricey....

This one would be for work :biggrin:

Thermaltake Headphone stand

Attachment not found.
  • PrazVT
    PrazVT Posts: 1,606
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Here's mine...
    ALL BOXED UP for a while until I save up for a new place :(

Home Theater:
    KEF Q900s / MIT Shotgun S3 / MIT CVT2 ICs | KEF Q600C | Polk FXi5 | BJC Wire | Signal / AQ ICs | Shunyata / Pangea PCs | Pioneer Elite SC 57 | Parasound NC2100 Pre | NAD M25 | Marantz SA8001 | Schiit Gungnir DAC | SB Touch

2 Channel:
    Polk LSi9 (xo mods), Polk DSW MicroPro 2000 sub | NAD c375BEE | W4S DAC1 | SB Touch | Marantz SA-8001 | MIT AVt 2 | Kimber Hero / AQ / Signal ICs | Shunyata / Signal PCs
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited June 2013
    Options
    My stand at work. :smile:

Headphones1.jpg
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • classic carl
    classic carl Posts: 648
    edited June 2013
    Options
    CSP_6109_can stand.jpg
    CSP_6110_can stand.jpg

I picked this up at a local craft store for $13.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited September 2013
    Options
    after some online digging I was able to find the ones they use in the Apple Store. I like how simple it is.

image.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ^ Just go to Walmart and buy a banana hanger, its about the same and probably costs a lot less.
  • Face
    edited September 2013
    Options
    D2Lo wrote: »
    after some online digging I was able to find the ones they use in the Apple Store. I like how simple it is.
    I wouldn't use that for anything but a very lightweight headphone, that kind of design is awful for the band.
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited September 2013
    Options
    How heavy are your headphones and what kind of fragile materials are your bands made from ;-)
  • Face
    edited September 2013
    Options
    A little over 1 pound and a they have a nice leather covered band. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/hifiman2/1.html