UltraFocus 8000 ANC Over-Ear Headphones - DEMO

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 13
edited May 2013 in Headphones
This demo is for a pair of Polk UltraFocus 8000 ANC Headphones

This is open to all active Club Polk members within the CONUS. Sorry, no Alaska or Hawaii at this time.

We plan to start with three (3) pairs of headphones in the demo rotation.

You'll have two (2) weeks to listen to the headphones and when the demo is completed, contact me for pre-paid shipping arrangements to the next person.

In exchange for the demo, all we ask is that you write an honest review of the headphones and post it here in the forums, and also on the product page on the Polk website.

If you don't post a review, we may not want to send you demos of other products in the future. :cry:

Interested? please send your name, shipping address, two (2) phone numbers and email address to jschroeder@polkaudio.com

The sign-up window for this demo is open for the next 30 days starting..... NOW, 7/31/12 @ 10:42 AM ET.

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/ultrafocus8000

Big thanks to F1nut and Dorokusai for thier help with the demo program so far!

747192122195_1.jpeg
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,038
    edited July 2012
    Options
    In...sending email now...thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sent email on this and the 6000 demo as well.

Big thanks to Polk for this opportunity!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • packetjones
    packetjones Posts: 1,059
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I would like to try these out. Email sent.
    Front - RTiA5's
    Rear - RTiA3's
    Center - CSiA4
    Sub - PSW110
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm in. Email sent. Big thank you to the folk's at Polk Audio.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who have included your Club Polk username. It was my oversight to not request that from each of you. If you could include that information going forward, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jon
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Email sent. Thanks!
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Email sent on this one too.

Looking forward to getting my ears on both of these.

Thanks for doing the demo.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited August 2012
    Options
    looking forward to this!
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • praedet
    praedet Posts: 314
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Done ;)
    HT: Ninja Master LSi9s, Ninja Master LSiC, Slightly Modded LSiFXs, Modded LSi7s, Outlaw LFM-1 EX and Polk PSW125
    Outlaw 970 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Velodyne SMS-1, Oppo BDP-83,
    2 APC H-15s and a Panamax 5400 for good measure ;)
    Stereo: DIY Alix Music Server, DODD Audio Battery Tube Buffer, Modded DAC-60 and MF V-Link (for now), DIY Silver ICs, Battery Powered Class D SDS-254 Amp, and GR-Research N2X Speakers
  • makaveli0340
    makaveli0340 Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Email is sent.

I cannot wait to try these. My Polk rep brought a pair in for me to listen to but could not leave them for me to have an extended demo with. My first impression was that they were awesome so I'm sure that they will only be better with an extended demo.
  • blairfrischx
    blairfrischx Posts: 259
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm interested to see what Polk can do with headphones at a higher price point. Count me in.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Got my set in yesterday. Finally had a chance to get em opened at work today. I should be able to use em all day.

Initial thoughts (and I will post pics later) are the packaging is TOP NOTCH. The packaging makes me think I am opening up a 500+ set of headphones. They feel great on, and are VERY surprising in their bass response. I havent had more than 2 hours of them on right now so far so I wont right up any more impressions, but its all good right here.

As mentioned by someone else, the box I got looked like it got smacked quite good, but the headphone box was totally undamaged thankfully :smile:.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Some pictures:

5d4403b6.jpg

72c3905d.jpg

4c578294.jpg

4a34290d.jpg

cf774358.jpg

6487897d.jpg
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Count me in, too. Just sent the email. Looking forward to giving them a try.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Fella's my time is about up, but I must say this: Whoever is in this demo is in for a FRIGGIN TREAT!

I got these hooked up to my NFB-5 and it doesnt matter what I throw in these things are AMAZING! Daft Punk, Crystal Method, Jars of Clay, Papa Roach, LMFAO, Queen, doesnt matter.

FLAC, MP3, AIFF, doesnt matter....these things will kill it.

Get as much time on your ears as you can with em, lord knows my wife has been pissed with how much time I have spent on the computer listening to em.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited August 2012
    Options
    hope i'm up soon... really looking forward to it.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, I just completed my 2 weeks with these bad boys and they shipped yesterday. Here's my review, short and sweet:

Polk went all out on the whole package. The headphones have a sturdy/quality feel and look to them. They come included with lots of accessories and the packaging is first rate too.

I used these with two different headphone amp/DAC's, Nuforce DAC-9 and Empirical Audio Overdrive SE. The first thing I noticed was the bass. The bass is full and powerful, way better than my Senn HD-600's. I thought they excelled with rock music and they are a fun headphone. The Senn's had the edge with being more neutral and more detailed. The Polks sounded a bit veiled/congested compared to the Senn's. This was a fun demo and I want to thank Polk for making this possible.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the review Ern! I'm glad you liked them. I rock mine with a NuForce too. When you get a moment, would you mind cutting and pasting your review on the product page if you haven't already? You would just click revews and write my own reveiw here: http://www.polkaudio.com/products/ultrafocus8000

Thanks again!

Jon
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Considering buying these for myself as a Christmas present but would like to demo them prior to purchasing if possible. How do I get in on this?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,038
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Where are these now and is there is rotation list made that I may have overlooked? Thanks!
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have them now. Love 'em! My two weeks is up and I sent Jon an email a few days ago. I hope to hear back from him soon as to what to do next. I don't have a name or address yet to send them to, but I'm sure he will let me know soon.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Interested in the demo. Is there a list?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Toxis, Conradicles and LeroyJr1, please DM me with your mailing addresses, emails, and phone numbers, and I'll get you on the list. Thanks!

Jon
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'd love to be on the list as well. PM sent...
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Jon-
    Please strike me from the list.
    Thanks,
    Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If this program is still alive I'd like to give it a whirl.