Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,881
    Nice gesture @CGTIII.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,681
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,283
    edited October 27
    Somebody get those if you can. Those are the ones. :p B)
    Maybe 150 or less?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 296
    Very nice indeed. :)
  • elittelitt Posts: 134
    Wow. Those CRS with stands 120.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,878
    edited October 30
    Nope... Maybe if it was a series II and only a bill... But that's not a deal as is
    I also think they're aiming high with that price. :#

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,881
    Don't look now but Frankenpolk is back. This time his victim is a pair of monitor 7's, although he claims they are monitor 10's. Oh the humanity!xzb3t2ievfdj.jpghttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6730175526.html
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 330
    edited October 30
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Don't look now but Frankenpolk is back. This time his victim is a pair of monitor 7's, although he claims they are monitor 10's. Oh the humanity!xzb3t2ievfdj.jpghttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6730175526.html

The thought of someone drilling thru a Peerless tweeter on an early/original Monitor 7 (which has been on my wish list for a long time) is indescribable. And he couldn't even get the tweeter centered!

You really didn't have to post this one............

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    la2vegas wrote: »

There is no “annoyed” button, so I chose lol instead. Hate to see that.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,154
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge....

Flame suit is on fire away
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,242
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge....

Really?
    You could buy the speakers, sell the tweeters then pick up a pair of Peerless tweets...
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 330
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge...

Radioshack super tweeters were stand alone units you could put on top of a speaker.

If they really go for $100 this idiot ruined 2 pairs of speakers!

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,254
    Believe that tweet was fostex made and actually sounded good.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,154
    edited October 30
    delkal wrote: »
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge...

Radioshack super tweeters were stand alone units you could put on top of a speaker.
    If they really go for $100 this idiot ruined 2 pairs of speakers!

Yes they were but you could take the stand off and put them in speakers. I bought a dozen of them back in the day. They cost 10.00 ea. new back in the 80's and after watching sell for ungodly prices i wished i had a case of them.
    erniejade wrote: »
    Believe that tweet was fostex made and actually sounded good.
    Correct Brian and yes they were very good for the price. Most of the time i would set them on top of my speakers and face them to the rear to reflect off the wall. I was never disappointed in their performance back in the day... today might be a different story

cincycat13 wrote: »

Yep. Mine was offered at 12 hundie and got em for an even thousand. Then spent over 4 hundie for new tweeters. Good deal IMO.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,515
    verb wrote: »
    Yep. Mine was offered at 12 hundie and got em for an even thousand. Then spent over 4 hundie for new tweeters. Good deal IMO.

Type "hundie" one more time and Richard Simmons is gong to invite you to his dinner party. :p
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,011
    Viking64 wrote: »

Type "hundie" one more time and Richard Simmons is gong to invite you to his dinner party. :p

I bet they're "minty" too. >:)
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I bet they're "minty" too. >:)

How can you tell the owner was one of those? :p
    In a boring mtg at work. Reading Jimmy’s comment. Started cracking up! Hundie Hundie Hundie! Everyone’s looking at me! :blush:
    In a boring mtg at work. Reading Jimmy’s comment. Started cracking up! Hundie Hundie Hundie! Everyone’s looking at me! :blush:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, man. Dave, that made me LLOL. (Literally laugh out loud.) And not the figurative literally, but the literal literally. :p That made my day. Happy LOLoween. :p
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,432
    Reminds me... back in the day, people would steal Hyundai cars to steal the radio. You could buy the cars at auction for a hundie. The cars were called Hundie for a long time...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Viking64 wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, man. Dave, that made me LLOL. (Literally laugh out loud.) And not the figurative literally, but the literal literally. :p That made my day. Happy LOLoween. :p

You too brother! :smile:
    Captain Minty Jimmy alert! :)