Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,058
    175.00 ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 288
    Tony M wrote: »
    175.00 ;)

Not there yet, but it's a possibility.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,327
    175.00 ;)

Funny guy! At 3 hundie I’d snag em but already have 2 sets! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,773
    verb wrote: »
    175.00 ;)

Hoarder!! :p
    175.00 ;)

Sometimes greed is good thing.
    Polk CRS+ for 300 dollars. Kinda high but go figure. gi9g85lj8foe.jpghttps://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-crs/6711790414.html
    ^ modded blade/blade... No 4.1TL upgrade for those
    RTA 12b's for $250, no affiliation. Teaser picture, not actually the sellers speakers.
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-rta-12b/6714024451.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,128
    FestYboy wrote: »
    4.1TL

I'm intrigued... What's a 4.1TL? I thought there wasn't such a thing...
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    It's an upgrade for the Gen 2 CRS+ (pin/blade). Not official in any way, just the vernacular used to differentiate within the SDA line.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,833
    It's an upgrade for the Gen 2 CRS+ (pin/blade). Not official in any way, just the vernacular used to differentiate within the SDA line.

No it was definitely Polk offical. They just dropped the SDA line before it was implemented. It was for the SDA2b and CRS+ since they both used the same crossover.
    Ok, Learned something new. I've only seen 4.1 associated with the CRS, and to date have not seen anything, literature wise, that touts the 4.1 nomenclature other than scant mentions of it here on the forum. That would explain their rarity.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,833
    Ok, Learned something new. I've only seen 4.1 associated with the CRS, and to date have not seen anything, literature wise, that touts the 4.1 nomenclature other than scant mentions of it here on the forum. That would explain their rarity.

hows this for official.... Maybe instead of chasing speakers you chase knowledge ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021930/uploads/attachments/1/8/5/1/1/26710.pdf

this is in the vintage SDA section. look it was even "approved" by Polk.
    Chasing speakers is more fun :p

But reading that approved mod schematic over (twice), I did NOT see any 4.1 designation anywhere, just an SK3k note at the top...
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Ok, I see that now. I'll have to get Ken or DK to update the model list as well. I'm in possession of an SDA 2 pair with the RTA 3 pin IC cable with SL1000 tweets. Once the 2.3s are put in their place, I'll formally document them for the revision.
    Nice - looks like 1st gen SRS's. Get em @krazypolk ! :smile:
    I'm low on cash for the foreseeable future following my 2nd DUI. I post for the benefit of others.
    krazypolk wrote: »
    I'm low on cash for the foreseeable future following my 2nd DUI. I post for the benefit of others.

Aw man. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there brother!
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 313

Is that a Monoprice tube amp? Running a McIntosh amp via Bluetooth?

Oh the horror!

I'm digging the Mac, but is that a Monoprice amp below it? :smile:

Aw man. Sorry to hear that. Hang in there brother!

Thanks, I take it one day at a time.
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 313

Looks like we both saw that and posted at the same time..................But I can type fast so FIRST ! :D

delkal wrote: »

Looks like we both saw that and posted at the same time..................But I can type fast so FIRST ! :D

Haha! Yep you got this one! This time, my man! :smile:
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,128
    Those SRS’s look nice, but that’s McIntosh is where it’s at. Something about backlit tuners/power meters (especially of the green variety) looks amazing to me. :)
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.

Wow! Seller states only 20 sets were ever made!'
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,855
    Nice - looks like 1st gen SRS's. Get em @krazypolk ! :smile:

They could be 1.2's if they have the pin/blade IC socket.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD0198-1's, Sonicap, Mills
    AI-1 Dreadnought
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 1C's stock
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    SDA 2's (side by side tweeters) stock
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp