Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• lawdogglawdogg Posts: 272
    LS50s for $50. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-ls50/6602494942.html

Very close to me - I could probably get them and hold em for someone. Not enough room to keep em myself.
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,938
    lawdogg wrote: »
    LS50s for $50. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-ls50/6602494942.html

Very close to me - I could probably get them and hold em for someone. Not enough room to keep em myself.

Very underrated speaker. My first Polk. You could triple your money parting them out. Waste on these since they're in nice shape.
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • verbverb Posts: 2,570
    lawdogg wrote: »

Very underrated speaker. My first Polk. You could triple your money parting them out. Waste on these since they're in nice shape.

There has been a set of LS50's for sale here on CL over a month. Price dropped down to 99 bucks, from 150 originally. Hmmm. :smile:
    2CH: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,364
    edited May 29
    My old friend who stopped by today, Loved the sound from the LS90's also. He STILL remembers the GREATNESS of the SDA-SRS2's sound also.

I'm telling you, I've heard the LS50's and LS90"s are the great ones. The LS70's have bigger woofers and some say their sound isn't as good or tight maybe. I'd like to hear a pr. of LS50's myself. Even the LS70's to hear what others might be referring to.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 279
    SDA 1s claimed good. Asking $120. No affiliation.
    https://prescott.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers/6591044196.html
    He only hears the melody and the words... :facepalm:

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,326
    ^ what's with the odd "holes" below the tweets?
    Rare ported design. ;)
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,040
    Those were my 2nd pair of Sda’s. The cabinets were real wood. The transitional series had a plate over the ports.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Rogue Magnum 66
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
    Umm, but how does the passive work in a ported enclosure? (It doesn't)
    I wonder IF POLK Audio ever had an ACTIVE driver in that design?
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 9,835
    edited June 6
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Those were my 2nd pair of Sda’s. The cabinets were real wood. The transitional series had a plate over the ports.

And dowel rods to plug the ports....
    I have a pair of the SDA1 signature speakers. They actually are pretty good speakers. I completely rewired and rebuilt the crossover with Sonicaps and Mills resistors. Night and day difference.
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Umm, but how does the passive work in a ported enclosure? (It doesn't)

Yes it did because the ports were just for the upper drivers. The upper drivers were boxed in. The lower drivers are the bass drivers.
    Tony M wrote: »
    I wonder IF POLK Audio ever had an ACTIVE driver in that design?

No
    I thought not. :)
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,040
    edited June 11
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Rogue Magnum 66
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
  • MysteryMystery Posts: 2,462
    edited June 11
    Missed these today... for $150. Was 2nd in line.
    Someone got a great deal...
    Were these 1.2? :(

25zva10x6ihp.jpg

Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano, Klipsch Heresy, Epicure 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A.
    DB Plus 880, AR 48S, Smaller Advents. SUBs: Monitor Audio. Pre: HK AP2500, C1, Tandberg 3002A.
    Amps:
    BB275, Crown XLS1500, QSC, Rotel, Luxman R-114, Nakamichi...
  • kmeekkmeek Posts: 150
    Mystery wrote: »
    Missed these today... for $150. Was 2nd in line.
    Someone got a great deal...

25zva10x6ihp.jpg

Hard to tell with out the grills off or seeing the backs. Regardless even if they were 2's or 2.3's in decent shape that is still a hell-of-a deal!! I feel your pain I too have missed some really good deals by minutes......
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,540
    Mystery wrote: »

They appear to me too short to be 1.2's, or maybe even 2.3's. I would guess SDA 2's, although I am unfamiliar with the non-TL SDA's.

uxxw0vn4csga.jpg
    Yep! Here is the sizing pic.....
    1.2, 2.3 and 2

bpan0brdtr5m.jpg
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,429
    You lucky bastage. :)
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,608
    ^Youre short a few pair.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Here's a better sizing picture for you. :p

s8tkl9lmxngd.jpg

Get those 11s out of there and sneak in a pair of SDA 2

s8tkl9lmxngd.jpg

You Win!! :D
  • audio_alanaudio_alan Posts: 738
    kmeek wrote: »

You Win!! :D

haha Yeah, I went just a little crazy buying SDAs a few years back... :smiley:
  • audio_alanaudio_alan Posts: 738
    @EndersShadow - Don't encourage me! haha

@FestYboy - A set of 2's haven't shown up in my area, otherwise they'd probably be in the collection already. ;)
    @audio_alan,

Let me guess that's like a 60" TV in the background?? Right? Looks like a computer monitor next to the monsters..... :D