Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 915
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    I'll give you $4.73 and a lightly used cheese doodle for them.

Pffft... I have a used blow up doll named Shirley, half a bottle of Jim Beam Rye, two beef sticks and a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 8 track that I'll give him for them.

Top that.... :p

Too rich for my blood, but at least I know where my ex and bottle of Jim Beam got to...
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,450
    MrBuhl wrote: »

It's only 1 speaker. :/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • MrBuhlMrBuhl Posts: 1,947
    Tony M wrote: »
    MrBuhl wrote: »

It's only 1 speaker. :/

UGH - need to look more carefully - good eye!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel , McCormack DNA 0.5 (SMc Gold) Amp, MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp, Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded), A/L 1000VA Dreadnought, Canare 4s11 SDA cable, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Vincent Pho-700 Phono Pre, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / Pangea & Signal Cable MP power
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000
    LA Toobs Dodd Audio 50wpc Dual Mono Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp, Polk LSIM705, Marantz DV8300 SACD, VPI Nomad Turntable w/Ortofon 2M Bronze, MIT AVt3 Speaker & RCA Cables, Pangea & Signal Cable MP power

Dodd Mid Level Preamp ("on the bench" w/Charlie)
    Polk SDA1c modded
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Bottlehead Foreplay (modded)
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    McCormack DNA-1 Power Drive Amp
    Eastern Electric Minimax CDP
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    I'll give you $4.73 and a lightly used cheese doodle for them.

Pffft... I have a used blow up doll named Shirley, half a bottle of Jim Beam Rye, two beef sticks and a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 8 track that I'll give him for them.

Top that.... :p

Navel lint...navel lint tops EVERYTHING!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    What if I said I could secure you some black paint...? :*
  • SlapahoSlapaho Posts: 212
    Guy up in Denton north of FtWorth must be his cousin. Had a pair of SDA-1A without IC and no grills wanting $800 obo. Cabinets looked like they'd been tied behind the limo when he and his sister got married. Said the drivers were fine though and sounded like new.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 661
    The various offerings of vintage Polks out there leave you scratching your head. Either crackhead pricing (west coast comes to mind)....or someone's partaking said crack, asking big $$$ for a pile of excrement.
  • subkronsubkron Posts: 15
    Pair of SDA 2 and another pair that needs identification for $400, down by the Jersey shore. Seller says he got them boxed and thought they were brand new (the SDAs I guess). He may have cable.

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers-4-total/6409845821.html

no affiliation
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 65
    subkron wrote: »
    Pair of SDA 2 and another pair that needs identification for $400, down by the Jersey shore. Seller says he got them boxed and thought they were brand new (the SDAs I guess). He may have cable.

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers-4-total/6409845821.html

no affiliation

Those look like a very early pair of Monitor 10's
    They are
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,771
    There is 2sets of speakers.10's and 2's.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: Intona, w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,063
    gvxvjtsg1tlm.jpg
    Are there any speakers in this pic that you like @FestYboy?
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,051
    edited December 4
    xschop wrote: »
    Either crackhead pricing or someone's partaking said crack

What's the difference between a crackhead and a partaker of crack? :D

| Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • xschopxschop Posts: 661
    A crackhead will take $20 for a pristine set of SDA's, whereas someone smoking crack wants $2000 for an abused set.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,229
    The crack pipe was passed around the circle but he was not a partaker so he waved it away. He could have partook but declined to partake because if he'd partaken he'd be a crackhead.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    gvxvjtsg1tlm.jpg
    Are there any speakers in this pic that you like @FestYboy?

Yes!!! The 2 bottom central pair are (appear to be) upper end Sony APM, especially the black pair (port configuration is different between the mid and upper end series).

Why do you ask? o:)
    I saw a local ad with these, and so much more for sale. No affiliation. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/ele/d/vintage-speakers-various/6410677086.html
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    I'd be all about the APM AV-930s (black pair). The others are the little brothers to the 690s I have in my avatar.
    edited December 7
    edited December 11

So is the auction for rt25's or srs?

Curious as I'm 30 minutes away. :)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754

One of each, maybe? :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,121
    That's one mucked up listing
  • jonicontjonicont Posts: 192
    SDA 2BTL (LARRY'S RINGS), DREADNAUGHT, REGA P3-24 (TT-PSU),Groovetracer sub platter, Delrin platter, Origin Live Encounter tonearm, DYNAVECTOR 20X2 LOMC, JOLIDA JD 9A-Burr Brown op amps-CLARITY MR CAPS, SQUEEZEBOX TOUCH-WELBORNE POWER, WYRED 4 SOUND DAC 1, Wyred for Sound SX500 monoblocks, ARC LS-17se, MIT AVT MA IC'S & SPEAKER CABLES

From what I gather, it's the SRS since that's the items pictured. The description is a stock copy of Polks literature.
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,763
    edited December 11

From what I gather, it's the SRS since that's the items pictured. The description is a stock copy of Polks literature.

To add further confusion, the positive binding post nuts are on the left but the sticker says they are supposed to be on the right.

The most important thing to find out is what type of interconnect socket it has. If it's pin blade then they are 1.2's and the binding post nuts are in the correct position regardless of what the sticker says because Polk is notorious for using old stock on newer models. If the socket is blade blade than they are first generation srs's and the positive binding post nuts should be swapped over to the right side.

If someone here on the Forum ends up buying them, remove the four screws on The Binding post cup to make sure everything is correct.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD0198-1's, Sonicap, Mills
    AI-1 Dreadnought
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 1C's stock
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    SDA 2's (side by side tweeters) stock
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    edited December 12

To add further confusion, the positive binding post nuts are on the left but the sticker says they are supposed to be on the right.

The most important thing to find out is what type of interconnect socket it has. If it's pin blade then they are 1.2's and the binding post nuts are in the correct position regardless of what the sticker says because Polk is notorious for using old stock on newer models. If the socket is blade blade than they are first generation srs's and the positive binding post nuts should be swapped over to the right side.

If someone here on the Forum ends up buying them, remove the four screws on The Binding post cup to make sure everything is correct.

I contacted the seller, he states that the interconnect is pin/pin. What?
    Price has been edited... Now states $999.00 opening bid. Hmmm :|
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    Price has been edited... Now states $999.00 opening bid. Hmmm :|

m832ww7ryx2b.jpg
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
    What's up with these odd birds out in the Valley of the Sun?sbbqhxuk5dip.jpghttps://tucson.craigslist.org/spo/d/3-vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6419065375.html