Man What a receiver!!!!Pioneer Elite vsx49tx

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I went to hear this receiver as I'm in the midle of trying out flagship receiver's.I have tried them ALL out Integra,Onkyo,Denon,B&K,Rotel,Yamaha,Sony,eTc.The Pioneer 49tx is competly killer.I never hears 2 channel like that fom a receivr except the B&K avr307.WOW the setup form theate is one of a kind.It goes threw a series of test all my itself to setup level's sze time corection's and everything.It also upconvert's all video input's to componet and also has onscreen display threw componet(no other receiver can do that except the new Kenwood).I'm going back to the store to play with it some more and I will post more as I come across it.
Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited December 2001
    Well, for the money they want for it, I would hope it cleans the windows and does the dishes too!
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2001
    I don't understand how they can build a receiver of high quality, and high price, and yet have such a high distortion level. .09 is pretty high these days. My RX-V1 is .o15
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited December 2001
    how meny of you can hear that distortion? most of the dd/dts recievers do about the same thing.it all comes down to 1) what brand you want 2) what everybody else is getting and/or like.
    3) what you want to spend on it. there is so much he said she said in audio its stupid!

scott:cool:
  • mantis
    edited December 2001
    He said she said............in audio.......
    the search for the perfect receiver for your hometheater is a personal journey.Quality....sound quality should always come first.
    Many do buy on what he other guy has.But at the end of the day this audio peice s not personal,hand selected.
    You spend money on your Polk's right?Because the guy down the street has them,because this website is cool??Because he said she said???If this is true,your not going to get a personal experience out of what you put together.Why don't you just go to a etailerand let them had select all your gear,why not the software as well.How do you know if you like a song or movie if he said or she said.What no personal taste???
    For that kind of money it should do the window's?????So what price is audio perfection or doesn't it really matter what it sound's like as long as it is cheap!!!!!
    I personally owned many 1200.00 and down receiver's Yamaha,Denon,Pioneer Elite.NONE OF THE 1200.00 AND DOWN CLUB have great sound quality at all.I have heard,installed,just about every brand there is fromm 299.99 up to 300,000.00 theater's.Fully triced out stand alone room's with control all over the house.Crazy money..
    But let me ask you this??????Are you serious about how your system sounds?You bought Polk's of some sort,but why??Wouldn't it be nice to take those speakers that you love so much and give them the cleanest sound possible??
    Seperates are always the better choice in the matter,but how close is the flagship receiver's of today's market able to perform like mid to highend seperates?I can answer that ,can you??
    Dan
    Dan
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited December 2001
    Hi Mantis:

I believe the flagship receivers of today are approaching the sound quality of separates. With the enhanced power supply and quality components as well as component isolation I think they come very close.

What do you think of the Denon 4802?

Gary
  • mantis
    edited December 2001
    Hello sgtgto,
    Th Denon avr 4802 is a nice receiver.It has good power,many inputs,and has the latest and greatest in today's processing.The remote has not won my heart, but a Pronto can fix that.The only thing I don't like about Denon's receivers is the dynamic range,it just kind of hang's out,doesn't jump out at you when thing's happen,but all in all they make a nice product.If your going to spend that much on a rceiver,you might want to check out the new Pioneer Elite vsx49tx.It has wide dynamic range more like the B&K avr307.
    Dan
    Dan
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited December 2001
    dude im in your corner. i agree with you,so meny people jump on the denon bandwagon when they are a ok reciever.i used to have a pioneer 39tx it was a nice reciever.all im saying is there is to much hype in audio reviewing.

scott:cool:
  • mantis
    edited December 2001
    The point I'm trying to make is that..........OK......all receivers have a job to do.They can perform up to there tasks well for what you pay for.You can't expect a 1200.00 receiver to perform like a good pre amp and amp.Not only that but I can't out perform receivers costing much more like flagship receivers.
    The biggest problem I have found is what receiver makes the best with the speakers your going to use.If you own a rm series you would not buy a flagship receiver...overkill.On the same note if you own the rt2000i's or 3000p's, you would not buy a Yamaha rxv 795a or a rxv800/1200.Mating is the hardest thing to do.I fortunately have own different brands and had a High end receiver mated with my Polk's(avr307 B&K)and I will tell you this...my Polk's sounded more like a B&W cdn9t class speaker instead of a nice mid to low line rt1000p speaker with a powered tower design.Every different brand I have owned and heard has made a difference in sound quality,and that whats it's all about.
    I'm not into owning a peice of gear because somebody else thinks it's cool.
    Dan
    Dan
  • sgtgto
    edited December 2001
    Hi Mantis::

I received my Denon 4802 yesterday. One big heavy unit. The power transformer is as big as a medium head of cabbage.

Will hook it all up in a day or so and report.

Gary
  • sgtgto
    edited December 2001
    Hi:

I set up my new Denon 4802 tonight and I am very pleased with it. It is everything I have heard and read about it. Has all I will ever need.

Gary