SRT's for Sale

Options
2»

Comments

• tristen_andrews
    Options
    Good to know, luck drew me across them. I don't know enough to even appreciate them after I did some research. Is there more you can tell me about them?
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Well there's a myth? (might be true) that they can handle over 1000 watts and in their add state they are capable of over 120dB!! So they're pretty awesome, plus they have SDA technology.
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    I saw the SDA hook ups in the back. Can you define SDA technology for me. I am illiterate when it comes to speakers.
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    Has anyone tested that theory of 1000 watts?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    edited January 2018
    Options

It is not so much watts as it is good current to drive them. They need a good sized room. The spl they deliver will make you deaf quick lol
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    interesting. Any other interesting facts about the SRT system?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,575
    edited January 2018
    Options
    interesting. Any other interesting facts about the SRT system?

If everything works as it should you are practically giving them away. Imho
    Some parts are almost unobtainable.
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    That would have been good to know before the audiogon post. I got them for free and I don't think my college dorm would allow such a system. I just hope they go to someone who will use them and appreciate them.
  • tristen_andrews
    Options
    I tested all the speakers and subs, they are fully functional. Just out of curiosity, what do you think they would go for?
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    That would have been good to know before the audiogon post. I got them for free and I don't think my college dorm would allow such a system. I just hope they go to someone who will use them and appreciate them.

Yeah, but you’d have the most kick-a$$ dorm room! B)
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »

Yeah, but you’d have the most kick-a$$ dorm room! B)

Lol assuming it's on the bottom floor. Otherwise they might shake a hole in the floor.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    Another hint. Crank the subs and make sure there is no distortion or other noises when they hit hard. Those sub driver's spiders are notorious for detaching and requiring repair.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • villian
    villian Posts: 412
    Options

Yes. I power mine with Crown XLS 2500 amps. They'll handle it. For how long though, nobody knows.
    Too many good quotes to list..waiting for some fresh ammo. :)