Trying to figure out a pair of Eosone RSF 1000 home theater speakers

JaredBT
JaredBT Posts: 4
Just got these Eosones. Want to use them as speakers with just my pioneer home stereo system. There are speaker connections on the back but it seems like those connections just push the mid and single tweater on the back of each cabinet. I want to push the main speakers (my guess the home theater side) on the front as theres a tweater, a mid and at least one sub - cant get em to work though. These speakers have on board amplifiers also. Need to find some info on running these things or I think I'm in for a learning curve I dont really want to experience. Can anyone help?:rolleyes:
Post edited by JaredBT on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2012
    Hello JaredBT,
    Thanks for posting on Polk's forum. There should be metal jumpers linking the upper and lower set of binding posts on the rear of the speaker. Then you can make your speaker wire connections to either set. The bass amplifier has to be connected to power in order for the two 10" woofers to function. There should be a selector, on the amplifier's faceplate, for "speaker" or "line" and you want the "speaker". Set the bass level at around the 9:00 o'clock or 10:00 o'clock position to sound balanced. Keep the speakers at least 12" to 24" out away from walls and corners for best sound.
    Regards, Ken
  • JaredBT
    JaredBT Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    Wow. Bro! Thanks man. Thats so frickin sick that you shared that with me. So how do I utilize the speakers on the front with my home stereo?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2012
    Hello JaredBT,
    No problem, here's how you do it:
    1). Pick one of the speakers and make it the right channel and the other one is the left. Put them in your room so neither one is within a foot of the wall behind them or beside them. Make sure you can plug each speaker's power cord into a wall outlet. You might need an extension cord if the power cord isn't long enough.
    2). Run a 16 gauge speaker wire from your home stereo receiver to the left and right speaker and make sure you have the positive wire connected to the red terminal on the stereo and the red terminal on the speaker. Make sure the negative wire is connected to the black terminal on the stereo and the black terminal on the speaker. Do the same thing for the other channel.
    3). Look on the back of the speaker and see if there is a gold plated piece of metal that connects the two black terminals together and a second piece of gold plated metal connecting the two red terminals together. If there isn't then take another short piece of speaker wire and connect the black terminals together with one piece of wire and connect the red terminals together with another piece of wire. Think of it this way, the red connection, on your home stereo, has to send a signal to the two red terminals on the speaker. The same with the black connection, on your stereo, it has to connect to both of the black terminals on the speaker.
    4). On the metal plate on the back of each speaker you will see a switch that is labeled "speaker" and "line". Make sure the switch is set to "speaker". You will also see a knob that says "volume", set this knob to about the 10:00 o'clock position if you think of the face of a clock. There should be another switch that says, "auto on/off" set this switch to "auto". I may have forgotten exactly what these switches say, but let us know if it says something else.
    5). Plug the two power cords into the wall electricity and start playing your stereo at a low volume just to see if things work correctly. If you need help call Polk's customer service call 1-800-377-7655 extension 208 and Kim will help you out.
    Regards, Ken
  • EasyEddie
    EasyEddie Posts: 1
    Replaced receiver. In the course of rewiring fouled up the connections BETWEEN main Eosone 1000 speakers. Cannot view rear of speakers without disassembling entertainment center, inc. 60" TV....A PROJECT!

Do you have a photo/diagram of the rear of these speakers and/or explanation of connections so I might try it by hand with obstructed view.

Thank you.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2016
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk