THe Official "Larry's Rings" waiting list

1234568»

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,850
    F1nut wrote: »
    Guys....some advice. Do not push Larry, he'll get to them when he can and saying PLEASE would likely go a long way.

Agreed... And also when they show up.... buy all you think you might EVER need..... because that way you've got em.

And they are a easy sell if you end up not needing them.

agreed:

Well Please :D when and IF you decide I'm in for some 2.3's and I don't even have a pair BUT I aspire to own a pair and when I get some I'll be all set.

no pressure Larry....just kidding bra I know one of these days you'll get to it and I'm in no hurry...

pre Thanks Larry

• gmcmangmcman Posts: 843
    When you get a set avail for my 2B's I will take one...no rush.
  • DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,480
    If I'm not already in for a set for my 3.1's, put me down for complete with tweeters.
  • In hopes of a new run, I would love a complete set for a pair of 2.3 TLs, please and thank you.
    Home Theater - Talon Raven 2002 (Fronts), Talon Cinema Hawk Ctr, Talon Falcon (Surrounds), Rel R328 Subwoofers (2)
    Pre/Pro - Sim Audio Attraction 7.1
    Amp - Sim Audio Moon Titan 5 channel
    Blu-Ray - Oppo BDP-103
    Projector - Epson Home Cinema 8350
    Screen - Da-Lite Perm-Wall 110"

Primary 2 Channel - Talon Raven 2002
    Modwright LS-100 Pre, Modwright KWI-200 Amp
    Rotel RCD-1072, Audio Research DAC 7
    VPI Scout Turntable

Secondary 2 Channel - Polk 2.3 TL
    NAD T775, Denon 2900 DVD-A/SACD

"Spares" - Polk Monitor 7A
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 822
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    If I'm not already in for a set for my 3.1's, put me down for complete with tweeters.

I am in for a set for my 3.1's also whenever you do another run.
  • I would love a full set of these legendary rings for my 1C's if they are available
    Polk SDA 1C Upgraded, Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Belles 21a Preamp, Rotel RSX-1056, Matricom G Box Q, Blue Jean & Signal Cable interconnects, Sonographe SG-3 TT, Panamax M4300-PM
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,442
    sfosselman wrote: »
    I would love a full set of these legendary rings for my 1C's if they are available

@sfosselman,

You are on the right track. Keep on keeping' on!

I assume you have the SDA interconnect cable for your 1Cs.

Have you read about the Dreadnought yet? A Dreadnought (or sometimes, "Dreadnaught") improves sound, even if you are using a common-ground amp.
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • I am sad to say I do not have the interconnect cable with the 1C's. Right now I am using 16 gauge speaker wire and the effect is there. I was going to purchase or DIY the cable but now I might wait and replace the posts and use a custom Speakon interconnect. Any thoughts?
    Polk SDA 1C Upgraded, Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC, Parasound HCA 1200ii, Belles 21a Preamp, Rotel RSX-1056, Matricom G Box Q, Blue Jean & Signal Cable interconnects, Sonographe SG-3 TT, Panamax M4300-PM
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,442
    @sfosselman,

My advice is to go beyond building a custom SDA interconnect with Speak-on connectors. Go all the way and build a Dreadnought interconnect with a good-sized toroidal transformer.

There are a number of threads on the Forum about building a Dreadnought to replace or serve as the SDA interconnect. DarqueKnight, I believe is the "father of the Dreadnought."

In fact, I found my way to this Forum because I tried to use a pair of mono blocks with my SDA SRS1.2s, only to learn (rather rudely, I might say) that you cannot use the standard interconnect with amplifiers that are non-common ground.

Then, having built one for my SRSs, I read about better ones on this Forum, and I upgraded the one for the SRSs and began using the smaller one for my 1Cs. The amp with my 1Cs did not require an isolation transformer because it is a common-ground amp. But the Dreadnought improved the sound greatly. Now, I have also upgraded the Dreadnought for the 1Cs.

It's a mod that is definitely worth the effort.

Larry (of "Larry's Rings" fame) also builds great boxes for the toroidal transformer used in the Dreadnought.
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • I will definitely look into the Dreadnought upgrade for my 1C' . Thanks for the insight!
  • bassfannbassfann Posts: 104
    I need rings for 2.3's.
1234568»