All the Polk SDA upgrades located in one place!

124»

Comments

• pitdogg2 wrote: »
    There is no way to use mono blocs on blade/blade stuff. NONE!
    Unless you do not use the cable at all. To use the cable with mono's one of two things happens. Very loud piercing sound or you let the magic smoke out of something.
    Yours are SRS they are not 1.2's

I understand that, I was just under the assumption that everyone were upgrading prior versions to TL's, which a person would have to rewire the crossovers and interconnects to TL specs.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,143
    Shelby66 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    IIRC, he states on his site that his boards are not compatible with the SDA SRS.

Where does it state that?

I thought it was on his site, but I haven't looked in a very long time. I now see that it isn't. I guess he figured since the SDA SRS model isn't listed that would be enough.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• I see also...in order to upgrade to TL in addition to the crossovers, one would have to change the dimensional array mids to 6511's along with the SL3000's.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,828
    edited September 26
    I see also...in order to upgrade to TL in addition to the crossovers, one would have to change the dimensional array mids to 6511's along with the SL3000's.

Right one can take 1.2 to the tl but SRS would be VERY COST PROHIBITIVE ;)
    Plus if i remember correctly the actual cabinets are made from different materials.
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I see also...in order to upgrade to TL in addition to the crossovers, one would have to change the dimensional array mids to 6511's along with the SL3000's.

Right one can take 1.2 to the tl but SRS would be VERY COST PROHIBITIVE ;)
    Plus if i remember correctly the actual cabinets are made from different materials.

I agree, think I'll be keeping mine stock and just upgrading the crossover and internal wiring. different material on cabinets...hmm

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,828
    New better film caps and better resistors make a world of difference. IIRC SRS is particle board and the 1.2's are MDF. They also made grooves into the MDF inside to break up standing waves.

New wire avoid the clear coated speaker wire. It will just turn green in a few years. Find some good copper chassis or hook up wire. Maybe reach out to VR3 I believe he likes the rondo supra wire or something like that. He has had great success with it.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 21,818
    the Rondo series is awesome for internal wiring. It is tin plated (cant oxidize), super flexible, good gauge (13 awg) and a high quality product.
    Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
124»