WOW! 193 mph

Options
mark090852
mark090852 Posts: 996
edited June 2012 in The Clubhouse
I wonder how fast he would have been going if it had not been raining?

http://news.yahoo.com/motorcyclist-clocked-going-193-mph-ny-highway-113500876.html
McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
Post edited by mark090852 on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    edited May 2012
    Options
    14 tickets....how about just one saying no more license for you and meet Bubba your new roomate?!
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I was clocked at 105 in a 65, I had to go to court and fight that one.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • mark090852
    edited May 2012
    Options
    When I was young and foolish, I had been going on the high side of 135 in a Porsche 911 and got an uneasy feeling (duh), and let off the gas and slowed down to 55. That was back when the speed limit was 55. A few miles later an unmarked cop car, with his blue flashing lights, appeared in my mirror and pulled me over. I never saw him so I had no idea where he clocked me. Fortunately, I was written up for 72 so I got off lucky.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I know you shouldn't do that...but bad ****...lol.

I wonder what 193 feels like. I get mine up to 145 (gps indicated) at the track and, TBH, it doesn't feel that fast. I'd love to do the Texas mile one day...I'm not sure if my chain length would allow to go back to stock gearing though. I'm thinking I'd top out around 163 as it sits.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Just another fool with a very fast motorcycle.
    No excuses!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I once got pulled over by a Chicago cop in an old Trans Am, doing 110 on the ramp before I even hit the freeway.

He took $20.

Those days are gone.........
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    edited May 2012
    Options
    A future greasy spot on the highway !!!!
    thumbdown.gif
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • gwg_97
    gwg_97 Posts: 332
    edited May 2012
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »
    When I was young and foolish, I had been going on the high side of 135 in a Porsche 911 and got an uneasy feeling (duh), and let off the gas and slowed down to 55. That was back when the speed limit was 55. A few miles later an unmarked cop car, with his blue flashing lights, appeared in my mirror and pulled me over. I never saw him so I had no idea where he clocked me. Fortunately, I was written up for 72 so I got off lucky.

That sounds very familiar! When I was young and foolish I also hit about 135 mph in my Dad's Porsche 911 on the Gareden State Parkway. I remember the stearing started to get pretty light and then I almost rear-ended a "slower" car that was going about 65 mph. Crazy!

System 1:Nakamichi PA-7Kenwood Basic C2Polk SDA 1C moddedSystem 2:Dynaco ST-70Polk Monitor 5B modded
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've always wanted to break 200mph on a bike. 158 was the closest I ever got, on a ducati 996 monoposto. I've had one too many divine intervention/close calls and have given up chasing super bikes. I still toy with the idea of an old triumph bonnie or late 70's CB750 with the 4cyl SOHC.

I know I'm getting older because a tiny voice in my head says, "idiot," when I read about tis guy clocked at 198, but there is still a much louder voice screaming, "hell yeah!"
    design is where science and art break even.
  • mark090852
    edited May 2012
    Options
    gwg_97 wrote: »
    That sounds very familiar! When I was young and foolish I also hit about 135 mph in my Dad's Porsche 911 on the Gareden State Parkway. I remember the stearing started to get pretty light and then I almost rear-ended a "slower" car that was going about 65 mph. Crazy!

You are absolutely right about that feeling of light steering at high speeds like that. That is exactly why I felt uneasy and decided to slow down.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've hit 155 a few times. I would have liked to gone faster, but ran out of road every time.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited May 2012
    Options
    One time at the airport here a plane called in the tower and said 'I thought I was clear and no other planes were nearby blah blah' Anyways it turned out to not be a mini plane but a guy on his crotch rocket going as fast as the plane that was coming in to land lol. The cops were called and they caught the speed demon. Imagine being busted by a plane!!
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I hit 130 one time going down the highway with a car right on my **** we came up over a bridge and there was a cop sitting there he came out spinning dirt and dust I kept going towards the next ramp to another highway as this cat slowed down and tried to hide in traffic all I saw was the cop slow down and got behind him when I hit the next highway and dropped it down to 55 and stayed there till I got home!! I was lucky that day...
  • mark090852
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I hit 130 one time going down the highway with a car right on my **** we came up over a bridge and there was a cop sitting there he came out spinning dirt and dust I kept going towards the next ramp to another highway as this cat slowed down and tried to hide in traffic all I saw was the cop slow down and got behind him when I hit the next highway and dropped it down to 55 and stayed there till I got home!! I was lucky that day...

Periods man, periods! To paraphrase John Lennon, "Give periods a chance". :biggrin: Just kiddin' ya. Yes, you were very lucky that day. I'd hate to think what the fines would be for those kinds of speeds.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I heard about this on the local news. I was more thinking about my wife being on the same road as he was at that same time...

It's rare that idiots like this only take themselves out with stunts like this.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,908
    edited May 2012
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Periods man, periods! To paraphrase John Lennon, "Give periods a chance". :biggrin: Just kiddin' ya. Yes, you were very lucky that day. I'd hate to think what the fines would be for those kinds of speeds.

Haha, I was like WTF is he talking about............................

I was posting in a hurry. LOL!!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I did about over 160 once in a 68 Grand Prix, I may never forget that ride.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• mystik610
    mystik610 Posts: 699
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Used to regularly hit 145mph on a particular stretch of highway on my drives between austin and houston back when I was in college. Had an '02 V6 Nissan Altima....which hauled **** for a sedan lol.
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room
    Paradigm MilleniaOne - Rythmik F12GSE - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Adcom 5400

Headphones
    Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear - Shure SE215 - Fiio E18 Kunlun
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Haha, I was like WTF is he talking about............................

I was posting in a hurry. LOL!!

You did use them, you just stuck them all at the end. lol
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I hit 150 in my Mercedes S550 few weeks ago. Had plenty of more room to go. Fastest I hit on my Yamaha R1 was 168mph and that was a rush.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I've done 140 in a Mercedes CLS550 and 160 in my vette. Sure feels a lot safer in a heavy car haha.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited June 2012
    Options
    WTF? You guys need to slow down!!
    Carl

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited June 2012
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    I did about over 160 once in a 68 Grand Prix, I may never forget that ride.

Man, I was in love with those older SJ Gran Prixs, big as a boat but they were comfortable and hauled some ****. Also my older Buick Riviera GS, with a 455 and a 400 turbo tranny was a sleeper. My best sleeper of a car believe it or not was an older rust bucket Delmont 88, the previous model to the Delta 88. Had a 425 in that thing and could smoke tires for nearly a block. Used to pull up next to Camaros, they'd laugh at me.....until all they could see where my tail lights.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I took my ZR7 up to 130 on the highway in Orange County on the way to Vegas once. That was as fast as it would go so I didn't speed up. Kinda crazy on a motorcycle on the public highway anyway!
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2012
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Man, I was in love with those older SJ Gran Prixs, big as a boat but they were comfortable and hauled some ****. Also my older Buick Riviera GS, with a 455 and a 400 turbo tranny was a sleeper. My best sleeper of a car believe it or not was an older rust bucket Delmont 88, the previous model to the Delta 88. Had a 425 in that thing and could smoke tires for nearly a block. Used to pull up next to Camaros, they'd laugh at me.....until all they could see where my tail lights.

Still have an old 67 Pontiac 428 HO engine stilling in my garage to build some nice sleeper with it. I Loved burning some Camaro's / Chevy's... Brings up some memory here, that car with a 400 and 400 turbo tranny killed a 67 327HO Chevy II, he and I got in to it. He hit... I hit, then I started to pass him... His Girl friend had WTF is in that car to pass this car, he see's that face and drops it to another lower gear. I never heard a 327 engine hit any rpm... I still won... Those were the days. :cheesygrin:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma