Surroundbar 4000 Subwoofer Problems

Options
paul_mcdo
paul_mcdo Posts: 5
edited July 2012 in Troubleshooting
Hi Everyone;

I have a polk surroundbar 4000. I've had it for about 2.5 months now and all of a sudden I'm having problems with my subwoofer. Last night it was cutting in and out (green light on back) and making thumping noises. Today it won't connect at all, regardless if it is on channel 1 through 4. My wireless internet works no problem, I've tried unplugging my wireless router to see if it was randomly causing an issue (nothing changed) as well as moving the sub in plain site with still no luck.

Is it possible this is a defective unit? It went from working like a charm to now not working at all. Anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul
Post edited by paul_mcdo on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hello Paul,
    Sorry you're having a problem. Try doing a system reset by unplugging the power cords for both the sub and the bar. Then set the on/off rocker switches on both units to off. Then replug both power cords and set both on/off switches to on. Hopefully this will get the sub and bar to work correctly.
    If not call Polk's CS guys at 1-800-377-7655 or send an email to polkcs@polkaudio.com.
    Best regards, Ken
  • paul_mcdo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hi Ken;

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a shot and reply back. Is it okay to still phone that number if I'm in Canada?
  • paul_mcdo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I just tried and unfortunately it didn't work. The light on the back of the subwoofer still just flashes green.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hello Paul,
    I'm sorry the reset didn't work. It would be best to send an email to Polk's Canadian manager, Walter Moser, at wmoser@polkaudio.com. I'm sure he can help.
    Regards, Ken
  • paul_mcdo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thanks for your prompt replies, Ken. I'll give that a shot. If I figure it out I'll update everyone with the fix.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2012
    Options
    No problem, let us know what happens.
  • paul_mcdo
    edited April 2012
    Options
    well folks, I got a replacement sub, only to have the same thing start happening about 3 weeks later. I also went out and bought a new router and disabled the 2.4ghz frequencies. The sub may link for 3-4 minutes and drop again. Cordless phones in the house are DECT 6.0; so they shouldn't interfere either.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm about ready to put this thing up for sale.
  • colomis
    colomis Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I am having the exact same issue. Got my 4000 back in March. My sub worked for a while and sometimes I'd get popping and crackling noises out of it as well. I just decided to stop using it; last week I wanted to watch a movie that would have been nice to have bass on for it. No matter what I did, I could not get the sub to connect. I don't have any cordless phones and my router is on the other end of my house. I am thinking I will have to try the replacement sub route as well. Very disappointed in this Polk Product.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hello colomis,
    Thanks for posting on Polk's forum, I'm certainly sorry you're having a problem. The first step is to give Polk's CS folks a call at 1-800-377-7655, I'm sure they can offer some suggestions and replace components, if necessary. They'll be available on Monday after 9:00 o'clock eastern time zone.
    Regards, Ken
  • Ubri
    Ubri Posts: 1
    Options
    Same problem anybody figure it out
  • mtmusicman58
    Options
    Apparently from all the posts I'm in good company I've had this unit for 2 months and the sub woofer will not work, it's obvious this product is a piece of crap will never buy Polk again
  • WannaKatana
    Options
    I bought for the Polk "name", had my soundbar 2 months and woofer comes on and off. Seriously? I've seen posts about this from years back, haven't gotten it right yet? I guess I'll be looking at another brand next time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    For anyone who is experiencing this kind of problem, the first thing to do is contact Polk's customer service department at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 when prompted. There can be lots of possible reasons the subwoofer becomes disconnected from the soundbar and Polk will work with you to solve the problem.
    Regards, Ken