Top Three Speakers you have owned.

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,022
    Looking at a set of Carver ALS at the moment...

Did your fascination with the MD2 wane a little bit?
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,525
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    1 tie, Sony ES SS M7, NHT 3.3 current
    2 Parts Express Solstice current
    3 Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand. Gone

Yes the Sony ES SS M series are an awesome speaker. When I worked at Sony I was in the family store and they had these for (if I remember correct) $600 a pair and the 2 way's were like $400pr. I was going to get them but we lived in a town house and my neighbors were already complaining about the noise from my Advents.

A friend did get them with the Sony ES Amp and preamp. Oh my it was sweet. Poor dude lost it in the 2003 wild fire.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk T15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,503
    edited January 2017
    I don't think I ever posted here. So here it goes:

1) "Ultimate" Magnepan MMG; With wood frame and upgraded crossover. I was lucky enough to try a long list of speakers and if I was to come back seriously into the hobby this is what I would get (Or build again....)

2) Dynaudio Contour 1.3 Mk II: Only got rid of them because of number 1. But for a smallish room I could live very happy with these.

3) Hard to pick a 3rd one, but I'm going to go with an SDA. I had a few of them including the big boys, but if I had to pick one that would be the 3.1 TL. I found it to be the most musical of all I owned.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
    Ricardo wrote: »
    3) Hard to pick a 3rd one, but I'm going to go with an SDA. I had a few of them including the big boys, but if I had to pick one that would be the 3.1 TL. I found it to be the most musical of all I owned.

I have the same sentiments regarding the 3.1tl. I have not heard the 1.2tl, but have heard the others and the 3.1 is the best sounding stock one I have heard.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,254
    Owned:
    Legacy Focus
    Carver Amazing
    Vandersteen 3A

One day list if I had the $ and room: Legacy Aeris or Joseph Pearl 3
    Without having the room but still had the $ : Dynaudio C1 or Joseph Pulsar
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• My top 3 in the order of preference would be
    Polk 1.2tl's that will always be here
    Ads 1530's which I'm listening to right now
    Bozak concert grands which are gone now because they overpowered the too small room they were in
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,772
    Usher Mini Dancer 2
    Usher 6311
    Polk SDA 1C
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    Adding to bucket list: listen to some Ushers.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,919

What's your primary genre?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,055
    Polk 1.2tl
    Polk 2.3tl
    B&W Matrix 802 Series3

i still have the 3.1tl's to try.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought.2.3tl's and 3.1tl's
    McCormack DNA 0.5 Deluxe
    Rogue Magnum 66
    Marantz HD-DAC 1
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel-Rel Strata iii sub
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,545
    How are Ushers with Death Metal?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How are Ushers with Death Metal?

As a fan not good, IMHO
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,545
    How about Dynaudio?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,247
    Ask halo
    Nightfall wrote: »
    How about Dynaudio?

Most versatile speaker I have owned

I've listened to most of their entire line
  • 1. Def Tech bp8060st
    2. NHT Classic 2
    3. Polk Rtia3
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • Polk RTA 8TL - Currently own
    Polk 10B - Regret selling... Great speakers!
    Bic Venturi (Vintage) Very similar to the Formula 6 (can't remember exact model). Man those were some jammers I picked them up at a local pawn shop in the late 80s while in college. They diappeared when some [email protected]#* kicked in my apartment door and stole everything while I was gone. :s
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,317
    B&W CDM 1nt
    Dali Mentor 2
    Polk SDA 2B
  • B RunB Run Posts: 1,896
    B Run wrote: »
    Mine aren't as cool as everyone elses but i've only been in the hobby about two years. I'm sure in a few more these won't even make the list :cheesygrin:

1) Polk Rti 12's
    2) Klipsch Heresy II's
    3) Polk Rti 8's

Haha I just saw my post from 2012, had to do an updated list.

Martin Logan ESL
    ZU Omen
    Goldenear Triton 5's

Honorable mentions: Paradigm Studio 100, Mythos STS, Focal 726
    Living Room: Polk Lsim705’s, Lsim 704c, SVS SB12-NSD, Yamaha Rxa-2030, Denon DBT1713, Doug's Furutech SC's, Pepster PC's, Vizio 75" 4K M Series, Airport Express

Bedroom: 70" Vizio, Pioneer Vsx530, Boston Acoustics CR7’s

Theater Room: BenQ HT2050a, Stewart Firehawk 110", Pioneer Elite SC63, Lsim703’s, LSiM706c, Lsim 702f/x, SVS SB12-NSD, Xbox One
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,863
    Klipsch Chorus II with Crites upgrades

Focal 807W

Focal 836V
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

“I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”
    ~ Johnny Cash

txcoastal1 wrote: »

For serious listening, Jazz, classical. Classic rock my preference for background music.

SOPA
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

For serious listening, Jazz, classical. Classic rock my preference for background music.

Jazz, blues, and classical is what Ushers do best The Dancer series...yeah you need to get your ears on a pair
    LSAF is just a few months away.... I'll have some spiffy Ushers there too. It may not end up being the Be-10 if I can't get the room I need for them, but I'll have some diamonds there one way or another.
    audiothesis.com/

edited February 2017
    DSkip wrote: »
    LSAF is just a few months away.... I'll have some spiffy Ushers there too. It may not end up being the Be-10 if I can't get the room I need for them, but I'll have some diamonds there one way or another.

You going to go pick up MD2's, you're more than welcome too...or are you bringing the 777's
    I don't know. I don't think 'picking up' will be an issue as I'm going to be treated like a free air-conditioned storage unit.
    audiothesis.com/

DSkip wrote: »
    I don't know. I don't think 'picking up' will be an issue as I'm going to be treated like a free air-conditioned storage unit.

I consider it no out of pocket for demo gear ;)
  • halohalo Posts: 4,431
    Well...

I just got the Usher CP-6311 so it's too early to tell where they fall in the rankings but I really like what I'm hearing so far (just need to work on placement). They have a very "live" sound to them (think forward - the singer is in the room with you, center stage, right up front) which is on par with the ESL hybrids but it's different.

That said,

Von Schweikert VR2

InnerSound Eros MK II

Polk Monitor 11 / Model 11 / RTA 11 (same speaker, different names) tied with the Polk Signature S60. The Energy RC-70 are not far behind the 3rd place speakers, especially with the right gear behind them. The Dynaudio DM 2/6 were pretty spectacular with a nice wide soundstage and great details - good bass for a bookie but not floorstander good. I guess that's more than 3. lol.
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,042
    1) Definitive Technology Mythos ST
    2) Dynaudio Audience 82
    3) Polk Audio LSI 15
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,053
    GoldenEar Triton 2
    Polk LSiM 705
    Polk LSi15
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - 1) Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold; 2) Sony PS LX410/Grado Green
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH, Parks Audio Budgie; CD - Marantz DV4001
    Preamp - Dared SL2000a, Luminous Audio Axiom II; Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500A
    Speakers - SDA 2A (x-overs etc...); Epos Epic 2; Polk Audio Monitor 70 (my first)