How to handle Polk flea market fraud?

Options
dlandry
dlandry Posts: 2
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Last march I reached an agreement through the Polk Forum's Flea Market to purchase a PSW-450 subwoofer for $305 including shipping. I sent a certified postal money order to the seller. He admits receiving it. But he has given me a series of excuses for not sending the sub to me (his wife just had a baby...). During my last phone conversation with him at his work place he said he would mail me a check to refund my money, but I have not received it and he has stopped responding to my email (I do have a series of email exchanges). I'd love to pay him a visit to discuss this more directly but I rarely am in his Cincinnati area (I am in the greater NYC area). Any suggestions on how to get my money back?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    Options
    if im not mistaken that is mail fraud

scott:cool:
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Options
    If the seller solicited to you, and requested a U.S. Postal Service Money Order, and has not lived up to his end of the bargain, it is a FEDERAL offense. Notify him of your intention to bring the feds in on it. That SHOULD get his or her attention. Who is this moron anyway? He should be red flagged here.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Justin: Is the FLEA MARKET AREA the kind of place where we could find the guy's ID from his email or forum handle and help this situation out?

Let us know.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Sure, just give me his email address and I'll look to see if there is any info on him. Although, since you have his mailing address, there isn't much else we would need to find out.

~JB
  • dlandry
    dlandry Posts: 2
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Given that I am still in the process of getting my money back, I'd rather not single out the persons name or do anything that could alienate him. I don't think he did it intentionally because he provided me his real name and work address. He also has not posted anything on the Flea Market since, so I think it was an isolated, unfortunate incident.

How can other Flea Market buyers avoid this problem? Will third party vendors like pay pal confirm they have the funds, but not give the seller his money until the buyer has received the merchandise?
  • George Grand
    edited July 2001
    Options
    If everything you say is true, and you contracted this in March, amigo, this is July. You say he has stopped answering your e-mails. There is ZERO excuse, for taking this long to perform. There is even less of an excuse for lack of communication. Once he had your money, how much effort does it take to ship something? You need to log an official complaint SOON. Still have the money order receipt?

• mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    light the torches!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Wanna borrow my AK-47? It's got a few 30 round magazines.

Peace Out~;)
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • George Grand
    edited July 2001
    Options
    My brother-in-law had /has an AR-15 that can go full auto. About ten yrs ago at a really secluded lake northeast of Tampa, he let me have at it. Damn if you don't feel like the King of Everything when you do that!

• wangotango68
    edited July 2001
    Options
    the 122nd tacitcal fighter wing is 5 miles from here im sure they can pretty much take out his house!!

• wangotango68
    edited July 2001
    Options
    i shot a m-60 when i was at ft. dix in n.j. that would also do the trick.

• dbartol
    dbartol Posts: 66
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ...to throw at him or better yet, lets spray paint our "signs" on the side of his car. Seriously though, save ALL your correspondences with him and document everything (print everything). You'll need proof because the other party will surely have a different side to tell and its usually quite different than the truth.
  • George Grand
    edited July 2001
    Options
    What "signs" are you talking about lunatic? I'm a Scorpio. Is that what you mean? Are you talking to us? Are you a Scorpio?

Jack Sorbetter
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I believe "Signs" was refering to "Tags" or gang signs. like my homies call me "j-dawg-the hood of colorado."
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited July 2001
    Options
    D Landry:

I live in Cincinnati. Send me his telephone # or address and I will see what I can do.

Gary

sgtgto@aol.com
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    My brother-in-law had /has an AR-15 that can go full auto. About ten yrs ago at a really secluded lake northeast of Tampa, he let me have at it. Damn if you don't feel like the King of Everything when you do that!

Oh yes. I once fired a full-auto M-16, what a blast. I love shooting my AK. Although it is only semi-auto, it is a blast. A great fun-gun.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • dbartol
    dbartol Posts: 66
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Hmmm...scorpio...I like that name. Maybe I'll go by scorpio, of course with a lower case "s" to give respect to original.

Where for art thou s c o r p i o .