Game of Thrones

Comments

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    because........ I see a "Game of Joust" with John Snow on 1 Dragon and the Night King on the other more aerodynamic Dragon :)

Ready Player One!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I don't understand why Daenerys didn't kill the Night King with one of her Dragons. Would have stopped the whole thing

She was afraid to risk them after seeing one go down from his spear. He was getting ready to throw another, but missed.

With 2 Dragons though, one could have came from the front and one from the rear. I think Bran will eventually control all the Dragons.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Just saying, he was standing right there with his henchmen, another pass with Drogon and poof.
    Then again the "dead" Dragon will be quite formidable from what I've heard.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Dany didn't realize at the time that he was the key. And of course Jon and Jorah and the Brotherhood guy didn't immediately tell her to wipe him out.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Every time the night king walks through fire it extinguishes...he might be fire immune.
  • westmassguy
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Every time the night king walks through fire it extinguishes...he might be fire immune.

I noticed that too.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Airplay355 wrote: »

I noticed that too.

Could just be the cold that seems to eminate from him that dampens it. Plants freeze when he approaches, water freezes, etc. Dragonfire still might kill him.
  • westmassguy
    Tomorrows going to be a real cliff hanger, and the longest episode in 7 years.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    chumlie wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    Doing some reading and it appears just Thoros and Benjen got killed up there. Could've sworn there was somebody else but apparently not. Only two more episodes this year.

Only one left. Season finally is Sunday. I'm thinking the last scene will be the wall coming down.

It had to be. :)
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    loved the death sentence.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    marvda1 wrote: »
    loved the death sentence.

That scumbag FINALLY got what he deserved! GO TEAM ARYA!

Oh man, how sick was that ending?

No excuses!
  • dromunds
    dromunds wrote: »
    That little Valaryian dagger is one sweet blade, and will be used in fine form I'm sure. Can't remember if Little Finger is on Arya's list but it would be fitting if he was stung by its blade.

It had to be. So well done
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    SPOILER ALERT STOP READING IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE LAST EPISODE....

OK....I couldn't connect the dots near the end as to who John Snow actually is.....Who were his parents??
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    John snow is actually named Aegon Targaryen. His parents are Rhaegar Targaryen and Leanna Stark.

The "secret wedding" scene was John's parents getting married. Making him a legitimate child, and rightful heir to the Iron Thrown.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    And, Rhaegar was Daenerys' oldest brother. Hence, Daenerys is John/Aegon's aunt...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    scubalab wrote: »
    And, Rhaegar was Daenerys' oldest brother. Hence, Daenerys is John/Aegon's aunt...

.....which he just did the nasty with her in the last episode. Then again, if I had an aunt that looked like that.....I dunno man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    tonyb wrote: »
    .....which he just did the nasty with her in the last episode.

That, he did!

Why was Tyrion lookin' so angry at the hookup? Jealous?

• westmassguy
    Gotta say, totally blown away. Thanks for explaining Johns lineage.
    tonyb wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »

.....which he just did the nasty with her in the last episode. Then again, if I had an aunt that looked like that.....I dunno man.
    I guess they do things differently in Westeros. Lannisters don't seem to care.

Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    finally we got rid of the one person we wanted so long to see go :smiley:

I like how they set it up!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • chumlie
    edited April 2019
    Long live the King. Jon not so happy.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Will this series get us hooked liked "The band of Brothers" did to us? A girl who was selling some seasons of this said her husband and her were def. hooked and couldn't wait for the next season to start. That was a few years ago. I think I passed on buying those season sets like a dummy. :s

I think I have Deadwood on DVD though. I'll have to take a scan of my movies again.

It's been a few years since I put a movie in a player BUT I also just added to them the other day. Somebody on Craig's list was selling a bunch of Plane, Jets, Rockets and Space DVD Discovery Channel Series sets for 15.00. I couldn't pass up the 5 sets ( I think there are 72 discs) for 15.00. All minty too. Some in metal tins too. :) They said their children don't want them. :/
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • dromunds
    I had to laugh, there's an exigency - the army of the dead is past the wall - but yet Daenarys and Jon go on a joy ride dragon date and stop to admire a waterfall and a kiss. WTH? And why wouldn't the night king intercept them as he's riding a dragon and could get anywhere real quick? The first episode certainly had its moments but also some real inexplicable ones. Probably be a huge battle at Winterfell next week as the army of the dead must be just about there by now. Lol.
  • chumlie
    Week 3 is the battle of Winterfell.
  • dromunds
    What's next week?
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I agree with you, Don. The army of the dead/white walkers don't sleep, don't eat, don't rest, and they don't stop to set up camp; they just move on, and through, whatever is in their way. Oh, ya, and whoever they defeat instantly gets added to their ranks, thereby increasing the size of the army of the dead. So, I'm all for the good guys not winning this one. Let the bad guys cut their way through the living and march right on into King's Landing to give Cersei her comeuppance!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    No spoilers here. The dead army is about one third of the way between the Wall and Winterfell by the end of this episode. That is a big continent apparently, about the length of South America. It takes weeks to travel the distance between the wall and Winterfell at the pace an army moves, which is the pace of the slowest members. The books also did not stick to a strict timeline, but followed an individual character's perspective of what was going on per chapter. The last one I read was a real mess in that regard.

Interesting thought. Why would the dead army go to Winterfell at all? It's out of the way and there is a strong army there. If the Night King's goal is to spread winter further south, makes sense to blitzkrieg straight south. :)

The episode last night seemed more like a reintroduction to the main characters for those who have not seen the show before or forgot about it in between series. Next week should see some action. I thought I had read these episodes were supposed to be longer than an hour, but they did cram a lot into last night's.
  • chumlie
    From what I hear. Next week is an hour. ( more character drama I suppose ) Week 3 is 88 minutes of Battle for Winterfell. ( supposed to be epic ) and last 3 shows clocking in at 2 hours each.
  • dromunds
    I saw somewhere awhile ago IIRC that the first two episodes were more or less an hour and then they started getting longer. On thing I was wondering is why isn't the melted water from the wall already down to Winterfell? Didn't Bran have a vision of dead bodies floating in the water at Winterfell? I figured there'd be some kind of biblical floodwaters heading on down south, even thought maybe it would coming roaring down those river valleys that Jon and Dragon Mama were flying through. Maybe there wasn't that much water just from the area the nightking melted, I don't know.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Runtimes for Game of Thrones season eight are:
    •Winterfell – 54 mins
    •Episode two – 58 mins
    •Episode three – 82 minutes
    •Episode four – 78 minutes
    •Episode five – 79 minutes
    •Episode six – 79 minutes
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703