Game of Thrones

Options

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You know it will be all hype and not get rolling till Ep 3 :o:DB)

I have watched GOT since the beginning but I cancelled HBO and the other premium movie channels last year and decided to skip this season and catch it on Blu Ray when it comes out. With only 7 episodes it's not worth it to me to pay the $15 or whatever a month for HBO given that it still devotes most of its bandwidth to repeat showings of 25 year old movies that weren't even good 25 years ago. Too many other good shows to watch!

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    So who stuck his hand out of the door when Sam was collecting the plates and asked about the Dragon Momma? Jorah? Looked like scale on his arm.....

It was Jorah's voice for sure. Pretty unmistakable.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,971
    Options
    Emlyn, know how you feel. Each July I call DirecTV and complain about something or just as for help...then when they ask anything I can do for you I inquire about a possible trial run of HBO...get it for 90 days n/c.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I read all the books, the 1st 3 books years ago. it was the 1st Fantasy novel that was made for adults.

George pull no punches with his writing is why so many loved the novels until books 4 & 5 became a snooze fest...500 boring pages dragging everything out as long as he could without really saying anything important!

The Series is much better to me and very well done! I only seen season 1 until my 2 weeks off in July and I watch all the episodes to Season 7 opening show!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Couldn't agree more on books 4 & 5.
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more on books 4 & 5.

Yes, I also concur. I gave up reading book 5. Just couldn't get through it.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    I have been on a role of binge watching old TV series....The Wire, Sopranos, Mad Men, as well as GOT. IMO the great TV series hold up very well over time, as all these have. My current binge of Mad Men is my first time watching the series and It has definitely moved into my top 10. GOT definitely in top ten also. I'll throw this out as my top ten right now:
    1. Twin Peaks
    2. Mad Men
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. Sopranos
    4. Original Star Trek
    5. Dr. Who
    6. Six Feet Under
    7. Seinfeld
    8. Wings
    9. Simpsons
    10. Original Adam West Batman

2 that just missed the top 10 are Dexter due watching a series which revolves around cutting people into pieces gets to be a bit much, and The X Files.
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    ^^ Breaking Bad is somewhat conspicuosly missing from your list. That, and The Wire, take turns as my favorite TV drama of all time.
  • chumlie
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    ^^ Breaking Bad is somewhat conspicuosly missing from your list. That, and The Wire, take turns as my favorite TV drama of all time.

Toss in Deadwood for the trifecta. :)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,982
    Options
    Deadwood for sure. The Vikings for sure. Rome.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,873
    Options
    second rome
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • chumlie
    Options
    Anyone surprised Theon jumped ship ?
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    Anyone surprised Theon jumped ship ?

Nope. He was doing well up until that moment. I was sorry to see it. I think he had flashback's to his time with Ramsey. You could sort of see it running across his face. Good job of acting.
  • dromunds
    Options
    I was surprised Theon jumped, but he's also one of those characters who will pop up again down the road. But I have to admit at the time I was wondering if he would just go nuts and kill Euron and become the old Theon again. But then I thought one of the sand worm girls would maybe kill Euron also. Shoulda known better. I suppose that's what Euron is going to take back to Cercei - the heads of the beaches that killed Cercei's daughter.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

Complete oversight on my part.... plus I actually have a top 11 list
  • kevhed72
    Options
    You know what Theon will end up doing....don't you?
  • marvda1
    Options
    How can a thousand ships sneak up on you?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    marvda1 wrote: »

It was foggy!...lol
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »

It was foggy!...lol

And dark
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • marvda1
    Options
    So how could eiron see them?
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    So how could eiron see them?

Don't be a wise guy ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Options
    No one mention the fact Gray Worm finally got some Miss Sundee lol, I was looking for the Barry White sound track to pop in.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • dromunds
    Options
    You mean Missandre got some .... Lol.
  • marvda1
    Options
    how can they shoot the dragons down unless they practice, and if they practice then spys will know about the weapon.
    Puritan PSM156
  • dromunds
    Options
    That thing reminded me of the same kind of device in the Hobbit wasn't it that shot the dragon out of the sky?
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Yes, they need to know about this weapon ahead of time or she going to lose a dragon or 2.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    I see her losing a dragon or two, but never the big one.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    That thing reminded me of the same kind of device in the Hobbit wasn't it that shot the dragon out of the sky?
    Thought the same thing...just finished the Hobbit myself
  • marvda1
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i can see the dragon melting the arrow before it gets to him. >:)
    i see cersie wanting to pull the lever to kill the dragon and the dragon melting the arrow and then torching cersie and the crossbow :p
    Puritan PSM156