Polk Monitor 7c Speakers w/ Stands - Milwaukee

Options
rengnath
rengnath Posts: 118
edited February 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For sale: Polk Monitor 7c's with stands - $100 FIRM
For pick-up in Milwaukee, WI. I can't ship these speakers.

These speakers are all original, including drivers, tweeters and crossovers. The serial numbers are 10136 and 10199. I would say these speakers are in great shape. They show some wear, but its very minimal. The speakers have some minor flaws in the vinyl and the stands show some wear. Overall, I would rate them a conservative 8/10. The grilles are in perfect condition.

They sound fantastic. I had them listed on craigslist and I thought I had them sold to a friend, but the deal fell through. I'm looking for $100 (cash or paypal gift, paid on pick-up). Included also are the two original owners manuals, a brochure (shows details and pricing for Polk Speaker line at the time), and the assembly instructions for the stands. PM me with any questions.

IMG_4986.jpg
IMG_4335.jpg
IMG_4059.jpg
IMG_6811.jpg
IMG_4635.jpg
IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_8009.jpg
IMG_9079.jpg
IMG_6555.jpg
IMG_9079.jpg
IMG_9252.jpg
IMG_1764.jpg
IMG_6263.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg
IMG_9017.jpg

Thanks for looking!
AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A800
Amps - B&K Components ST2140 (for mains) and Parasound HCA-1000A (bi-amping center)
Mains - RT1000i Towers
Center - CS400i
Sub - BIC Acoustech PL200

My neighbors listen to very good music, whether they like it or not :cheesygrin:
Post edited by rengnath on

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited February 2012
    Options
    rengnath- that's a great price since you are including the manuals and speaker stands so I hope your sale goes thru quickly. I do not mean to derail your thread, but I've never seen the stand assembly instructions before and feel like a lot of guys would be interested in seeing that if it has any dimensions and other info. It would be very kind of you if you could possibly copy the manual before sale and somehow post so others could have access to that info in the future.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• rengnath
    edited February 2012
    Options
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    rengnath- that's a great price since you are including the manuals and speaker stands so I hope your sale goes thru quickly. I do not mean to derail your thread, but I've never seen the stand assembly instructions before and feel like a lot of guys would be interested in seeing that if it has any dimensions and other info. It would be very kind of you if you could possibly copy the manual before sale and somehow post so others could have access to that info in the future.

The assembly instructions don't show any dimensions, only a diagram and a template for where you attach the top plate to the bottoms of your Monitor 5, 7, or 10 speakers. Here are some pics. Sorry, I don't have the software on my Mac for my scanner.

Page 1 (instructions)
    IMG_3016.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg

Page 2 (template)
    IMG_5194.jpg
    IMG_8901.jpg
    IMG_2414.jpg
    Amps - B&K Components ST2140 (for mains) and Parasound HCA-1000A (bi-amping center)
    Mains - RT1000i Towers
    Center - CS400i

My neighbors listen to very good music, whether they like it or not :cheesygrin:
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Great speakers. Nice price! Too far away!

I have a lead on a local pair of 7Bs that I'm mulling over. Don't know if I'm going to bite. Storage space is limited, already have 5As and 10As. Do I really need a pair of 7Bs? And just "where" would I put them? lol

GLWTS

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That is a great price with the stands. GLWTS.
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited February 2012
    Options
    thanks for the pics of the stands. @ cnh- I have the 7's and 10's you need the 7's really. I've not heard the 5's but want a pair of those one day as well. Someone in the Milwaukee or Chicago area needs to jump on these. GLWS
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What the heck, I would like a change of pace. I'll send you a PM Rengnath to discuss details...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • rengnath
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sale pending to smglbrth.
    Mains - RT1000i Towers
    Center - CS400i

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That price is insane!!!

Congrats!!
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just to give the forum an update since the "rating" system is not working.

I picked these up yesterday from him and they were exactly like the pics he posted. Super nice guy who really appreciates good sound and is not into all the "gimmicks" of most of todays audio (a nice change). We (my wife was along) weren't there too terrible long but it was good conversation none the less. She's great as she puts up with this hobby of mine, most of the time.

Later on I'll give my impressions of the 7C's (not that it matters) and specs on the stands.

Anyway, don't be afraid to deal with Rengnath, a great guy all around!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You made an excellent choice man, enjoy!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • vstarkwell
    vstarkwell Posts: 328
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!, the stands are a great bonus.
    Monitor 7C's With Tubes
  • rengnath
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks Scot.

It was a very smooth and plesant transaction. I'm happy to see these speaker go to a fellow polkie and to someone who truely knows how to enjoy these. I hope they are a great addition to your Monitor collection.
    Mains - RT1000i Towers
    Center - CS400i