I would be nice

Options
hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
If Polk had a library of older models with specs, pictures and such. Justin I am sure with this new forum goin gyou need something to do.
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I'd like to see a Playboy section with models, specs, pictures and such. Justin, get to it.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    Options
    sex sells in everything! why not get some good looking girlie girls
    to start selling speakers!

scott:cool:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ...who's brilliant marketing plan was to have Matt Polk posing in a lab coat anyway? Micah, what is the deal with that one, eh?

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Please, the lab coat was way before my time.

I've campaigned endlessly for the yellow polkadot bikini, the ski parka, the "St. Polkie Girls," the santa hat, and the yellow casual sweater in place of the lab coat. You can plainly see how successful I've been.

Matt's just a "lab coat kind of guy."

I believe that a "Vintage Polk" web section is in the works, as is the "System Showcase." This is Paul's department, and I know Justin is working feverishly to accomplish these things.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Troy,
    Find your own pet peeve. I've been giving him crap about that lab coat, AND the old carpentry belt ads with the sawdust on the floor for about two yrs now.

GIVE ME THE DEBS!

George Grand (of the Jersey GRand's)
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    George,

Hey, I personally have no problem with it. I just question the intellect of the executive that thought that Matt in a labcoat was more fetching than some silicone enhanced hottie in a bikini. Didn't mean to tread on your territory, amigo.......

/ aside to the Polk execs /

....guys, SEX sells. Proven fact.

Troy
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    <sarcasm suit>

Sex sells? SEX? It sells? Sex does? It sells?!

</sarcasm suit>

Hey, look at us: We're Polk Audio. Do you ever hear us proclaim our greatness? Blast superlatives from our headlines? (Examples of superlative headlines: The Most Perfect Seed You Can Buy [Scott Seeds], The Most Powerful Primetime Lineup [FOX news], The Easy Way To Get Online [AOL], The Best Minivan Ever [Chrysler]... You get the idea)

How come we don't do that? I have lots of theories, but the only one I can bring to this forum is the one that says that we are afraid to sell as much stuff as b**e does, which is what good marketing would do.

Chicks & speakers. I keep tellin em. Sex, huh? Someday.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Ok, for what it is worth, it ain't bragging if you can do it.

Why would Polk be afraid to sell as many speakers as Blows? My opinion, and this could explain why I am an underpaid schmuck, is that as long as I don't sacrifice quality over quantity why would I be happy selling 10 speakers if I could sell 100 or 1000? I mean if that is what you want fine but Matt says in your little home theater handbook that he would like to put Polk speakers in everyones hands or something to that effect. If you can do it, why not? Especially if the quality of the product is what we all think it is??

I can just picture a scantily clad silicone babe draped over a set of LSi's......hey if the can sell cheap beer think what they could do for Polk?
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Things I've learned today:
    1. Sex Sells Everything - ESPECIALLY SPEAKERS !
    2. Bigger is always better
    - a) Regarding Polk Speakers
    - b) Silicon Enhanced Polk Sales-bikini-babes
    3. Depending on the speaker model,
    SDA drivers are sometimes on the right and
    sometimes on the left. Who would have thought.
    4. Motley Crue actually wrote a book.
    5. Somebody actually read the book.
  • mark k. anderson
    mark k. anderson Posts: 18
    edited July 2001
    Options
    It is common knowledge that chicks dig Polk speakers. I have done extensive research in this area and have posted my findings previously on this forum (long ago, actually).

More and more I see sex in the audio trade mag ads such as Stereophile Guide to Home Theater and SR's Sound and Vision. Babes can now be seen along side even the most sophisticated of audio equipment.

Polk marketing, the time is now! You need a Brittany Spears icon to replace Matt Polk. Don't get me wrong. Matt certainly works well with the camera. But, even the good Doctor must understand that nothing beats a beautiful pair in an add selling, well, a beautiful pair. A plunging neckline and come-hither look on a perfectly air-brushed Cindy Margolis would do wonders for your bottom line. But, I must defer to your good judgement, gentlemen.

Polk Speakers and Chicks-- its a beautiful thing.

mka
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I can tell you that the women I know, dig my speaks. It might be me but I think it is the Polks.

Having said that, I would go for a little classier look than Brittney Spears. A more classic, refined, yet silicone enhanced babe. You basically want a babe that is as timeless as the Polks they display their funbags against.....

Troy
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    So Troy, what do you think 100 will bring? I'm interested....

Cheers,
    Russ 'a step above the avg Polkie'

PS, I like em fake too, but gimmie some big, ski-jump nattie's any day...(no coopers droopers)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I kinda lost track to be honest...Polkemon?? who knows what M and J are smoking....

I am right there with ya on the boobie thing my man....

I'll be raising a frosty glass of Guiness to ya here shortly

Troy
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Of which SDAs are you speaking of????

, SDA drivers are sometimes on the right and sometimes on the left.

To the best of my knowledge, I find ALL the dimensional drivers are on the outside of the cabinets.

For some background:
    I have the information on pretty much the entire lot of SDAs ever made (I have at seventeen), including having the owner's manuals for eleven models. My brother and I have five different pairs of SDAs in use now. I'm using SDA-SRS 2.3s ; SDA-2Bs; SDA-CRS+s. He is using SDA-SRS 2.3tls and SDA-1Cs. All of the dimensional drivers are on the outside of the cabinets.

Also:
    It only stands to reason that all the dimensional drivers ( I believe this is what you mean by SDA drivers) are set in the outer portion of the cabinet. If you were to read Polk's publication "Polk's SDA Speakers / Designed-In Stereo", you'd realise WHY the dimesional drivers HAVE TO BE located on the outside of the cabinet.
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Depending on the speaker model, SDA drivers are sometimes on the right and sometimes on the left. Who would have thought

Not me. SDA dimentional drivers must be, always have been and always will occupy the outside arrays in the cabinets. If yours don't, then your speakers are set up terribly backwards. (L to R)
  • tmorgan
    tmorgan Posts: 37
    edited July 2001
    Options
    SEX Sells here you can go buy some right down the Street!
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    In the long run it has got to be cheaper to pay as you go.

Troy