Csi40 on Sale

Pauly
Pauly Posts: 4,519
edited October 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Reg 399.00 @ CC now 299.00 w/ free shipping via their web site.
(Sure you know it) :) This is great for people like my self that have been waiting to trade in their Csi 30 ( or other) center in. Have to wait 2 days till i get paid. GOD i cant wait. Gotta go figure a way to convince the wife :confused:

Late,

Spaz
Life without music would
Post edited by Pauly on

Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited October 2003
    for people that aren't on the trade-in program at CC it seems like the best deal is crutchfield.

299 with free 3 day shipping and no tax. also it should be pretty easy for you to find a referral id from someone on the web for 20 bucks off.

brings it to 279 total, shipped in 3 days.

still waiting to pull the trigger on this one. i don't know if crutchfield offers any type of price guarantee like CC and i'm assuming they don't have an upgrage plan.

anyone got better deals on the CSi40? i'd love to hear them...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2003
    This code gets you free shipping from Crutchfield all year, 24/7: PA131 ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Pauly
    edited October 2003
    IMO with the trade in alone from CC it worth it. I have seen a little cheaper on Ebay but dont forget the shipping!!!:eek:
    Life without music would
  • PhantomOG
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    IMO with the trade in alone from CC it worth it. I have seen a little cheaper on Ebay but dont forget the shipping!!!:eek:

do you mean having the option to trade up the CSi40 within a year makes it worth buying from CC?

i'm really hoping that once i get a CSi40 i'll be happy with my system for a VERY long time. but what are the chances of that happening? :p
  • Pauly
    edited October 2003
    Yeah thats pretty much what i ment and I do agree i would be satisfied for a LONG time with the 40...but wait the new line of RTi havent even arrived yet...man this will be a tuffie. I just might wait it out since the new line is coming soon,.....That means BLOWOUT sale on Polk at CC.
    Life without music would
  • TheMaster
    TheMaster Posts: 184
    edited October 2003
    A friend of mine helped me get an opened box csi40 at cc for $99.00 and also paid for the "City Plan" for $50.00. Is this the upgrade plan that everyone was talking about? Man I can't wait to find out how much did my friend get me an employee discount for the RTi70 that they have on the floor:D
    HT:

DENON AVR-3803
    DENON DVM-1805
    SONY DVP-NS300

SONY 36' HDTV Wega

ADCOM GFA-555
    ADCOM GFA-555
    ADCOM GFA-2535
    ADCOM ACE-515

POLK RTi70's (Bi-Amped)
    POLK CSi40
    POLK FXi30's
    POLK RTi38's
    POLK CSi20
    POLK PSW 450
    SVS PB2 Plus

2 CH Stereo:

AudioSource Pre/Amp 1
    Hafler DH-500
    Sony CDP-CX235
    Monster Cable HTS3500

SDA SRS 2.3tl
  • Pauly
    edited October 2003
    Not sure about the employee discount but when you buy HT speakers new or open box you have a year to trade them in on somehting better. In my case the 30 for the 40 (Soon) . Or when i traded the PSW250 for the 350 then the PSW202 for the 404 and then the R50's for the 70's. Man no wonder my wife hates me lately. :p:p
    Life without music would
  • PhantomOG
    edited October 2003
    alright, so I caved in last night and bought the CSi40 from circuit city for $299. i was waiting for the price to drop but noticed last night that it is no longer available for direct shipment from CC.

so i figured i should at least buy one now, and if it does go on sale i can go back and get a price adjustment.

So keep this thing bumped, if somebody sees a better deal than $299 post it so I can get some money back!! :D
  • fastbob49
    fastbob49 Posts: 11
    edited October 2003
    PhantomOG -
    I can get a brand new CSi40 for you, $250 and no sales tax, if you can come get it in Waco.
  • PhantomOG
    edited October 2003
    brand new in box? never been opened?

I would SERIOUSLY consider this if this is the case. please let me know. I'm only in Austin so its not that bad of a drive. I was just in Killeen today... damn, if I'd only known.
  • fastbob49
    fastbob49 Posts: 11
    edited October 2003
    PhantomOG,
    This was a brand new factory sealed CSi40 from CC purchased on 8/24. I took it out of the box to check for damage and hooked it up to make sure it played, them put it right back. You can have the receipt. Bob
  • PhantomOG
    edited October 2003
    actually my schedule is going to be crazy for the next couple of weeks at least. i don't know when i'd have time to make it to waco. i'd say go ahead and look for another buyer. when things settle down for me in a few weeks i'll see if you still have it then.

thanks.