San Antonio GTG in December

Options
Wardsweb
Wardsweb Posts: 904
edited December 2011 in Gatherings & Special Events
I'm thinking about holding a little GTG at my place in December. I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested in coming and if so, what day works better; December 3rd or 10th?
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    As is typical, my wife informs me we have plans for the 3rd. The GTG date is now the 10th by default.
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'll check the calendar, I'm hoping I can make it. Would be a nice get-a-way for a day.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ya'll might want to check with Russman to see if he would like to join you.
  • Gadabout
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Looks like I should be able to make with no issue. I was a bit concerned about being scheduled to work in Kansas or something that week and not getting home till very late Friday night and then heading down to San Antonio early the next day. Looks like I will either be local or in Abilene that week.

Skip and Russ, we can do a car pool down to San Antonio. You might want to think about where we meet and who drives (I have no issues driving down if you prefer). As far as where to meet I-20 somewhere? Further south in Hillsboro or Waco?

If you want to kill 2 birds, you mentioned you wanted to hear something in my collection of stuff and Russ wanted the Easy as Pi speakers. This a good time to accomplish that too?

Ward, unless it snows or something. I'll head down to San Antonio for the 10th. I'd love to hear some of your gear.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Scott I hope you enjoy the GTG as much as I enjoyed the one at your place back in Jan of 2010. Don't forget to bring some music you like.
  • Gadabout
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm hoping some more folks decide to join us.

I'll be happy to bring some of the stuff that is usually in my playlist.

Scott
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Gadabout wrote: »
    I'm hoping some more folks decide to join us.

I'll be happy to bring some of the stuff that is usually in my playlist.

Scott
    More will be welcomed, but we won't be alone. There are guys from Houston, San Antonio and Austin areas coming. It will be fun.
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited November 2011
    Options
    can ya put me on the guest list ?? I would love to hear your systems ... I don't have anything except for music to bring as anything I have , you trump by lightyears , but I can certainly pitch in for food & drink or bring food & drink ... I would be most honored.... do you still have the jubilee's ?
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    fossy wrote: »
    can ya put me on the guest list ?? I would love to hear your systems ... I don't have anything except for music to bring as anything I have , you trump by lightyears , but I can certainly pitch in for food & drink or bring food & drink ... I would be most honored.... do you still have the jubilee's ?
    Please make it down and yes, I do have the Jubs setup in the den. Just bring some music and if you have a beverage of choice, you might bring some of that. I've got all the rest covered. I'll PM you the address.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I am flying in to San Antonio on Dec 1 and will be flying back to Dallas on the 4th. Maybe, I could finally listen to your very nice custom speakers! Would you have time Friday, Dec 2? I remember liking the music you brought to Scott's house last year, must get the names...

Halen
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    halenhoang wrote: »
    I am flying in to San Antonio on Dec 1 and will be flying back to Dallas on the 4th. Maybe, I could finally listen to your very nice custom speakers! Would you have time Friday, Dec 2? I remember liking the music you brought to Scott's house last year, must get the names...

Halen
    No problem, PM sent.
  • Gadabout
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Just let me know Skip. Glad to give you a ride down with me.

Scott
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Don't do it!!! If you do, soon enough you'll be looking at mountain goats in a whole new and disturbing light...

LOL!!! This time, its French Music..... You know, the seductive female voices!!
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL!!! This time, its French Music..... You know, the seductive female voices!!
    Got ya covered from Madeleine Peyroux to Paris Combo. Even some Stacey Kent.
  • Wardsweb
    edited November 2011
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    I might be able to bring down some RT3000P's if you're interested. I don't know if I'll be able to get the tweets in time, but we will see. Me showing up is looking promising so far.
    Hope you can make it. Don't kill yourself bringing those "not bookshelf" speakers, but if you do, we can roll them in a system or two. If not, no biggie. I will have six systems to listen to.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Luther,

It was great to see you, I am truly amazed with all of your setups. What an experience and wonderful evening. Brews, Music.... Brews, Music.... Movies, Brews.......

Halen
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Luther,

It was great to see you, I am truly amazed with all of your setups. What an experience and wonderful evening. Brews, Music.... Brews, Music.... Movies, Brews.......

Halen

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Sharing this hobby/passion is a big part of the fun for me.

On another note, my buddy with the Ushers sold them today.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Luther,

I was hoping to make it over for the gathering and see what kind of interesting stuff you've been up to, but business related parties have consumed the next two Saturdays.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and hope to see you in the new year...

Later,
    Bruce
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote: »
    Luther,

I was hoping to make it over for the gathering and see what kind of interesting stuff you've been up to, but business related parties have consumed the next two Saturdays.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and hope to see you in the new year...

Later,
    Bruce
    Not to worry, there will be others. By the way, there doesn't have to be an official event. If you're ever going to be in the area, drop me a line and you may have a private audience.
  • Gadabout
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Luther,

My apologies, I'm not going to be able to make it. I was really looking forward to hearing your gear. I got notified today that I'll be working this weekend. (year end push and all that :\ ). I would much rather be relaxing and listening to tunes and hearing equipment I haven't heard before. Next time I'm down Houston way, maybe I'll take the long way home through San Antonio. I'll give you a call and see if your available.

Sorry Skipper, I'm hoping you can find another way down if you decide to go.

Scott
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sorry ya'll can't make it down, but no biggie. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
  • Wardsweb
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Great day for audio. Plenty of music, drinks and food to go around. Thanks everyone.

121011z.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I already miss your setup(s)!!!

Halen