Where to buy AC to DC power converters?

Jeff1Jeff1 Posts: 34
edited September 2003 in Speakers
Just wondering if anyone here knows where to purchase a 110VAC to 12VDC that has a amperage rating high enough for a car amplifier (25A and up). I have decided to use some car audio subs and an amp that I already have in my house. I was hoping to find a converter that was cheaper than a plate amp at parts exp. Any suggestions?
Post edited by Jeff1 on

Comments

• dorokusaidorokusai Posts: 25,231
    edited September 2003
    Welcome to the forum :)

www.partsexpress.com
  • Jeff1Jeff1 Posts: 34
    edited September 2003
    Thanks, I have been reading posts on this forum for a little while now, but this was my first post (as you can see). I didn't realize parts exp. sold power supplies, but they are a little pricey. $99.90 for a 22A converter. I would at least need that much or more amperage. Maybe the plate amp would be a better deal. Thanks again.
  • A good power supply should be well regulated. Id get an Astron. I have one thats 25 years old and stays on constantly.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,767
    Way to drag up a 15 year old thread @summitradio
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,794
    And the winner is @summitradio. Congratulations you can pick up your prize after 9 o'clock tomorrow morning.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,618
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Way to drag up a 15 year old thread @summitradio
    This is a form of spam. Nobody joins this forum to make a first post like that. There's been a lot of these lately, keeping the highly paid mod[s?] busy.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic