spitting

Options
Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Okay, here's something interesting:

Do you SPIT?

I have recently noticed an upsurge in public SPITTING. Everytime I look out my car window at someone walking along, they inevitably SPIT. Right when I look at them. (They don't spit AT ME, they just SPIT on the ground while they're walking.) They SPIT. More and more frequently, the guy in the car stopped at the light in front of me will open his car door and SPIT on the ground.

The weird thing is a] they seem to spit right when I look at them (if I didn't look, would they spit?) and b] I NEVER EVER have anything in my mouth to spit out; where is all this spitting coming from?

Swaggering hipsters on the street spit. Young girls spit. Old guys jumping out of truck cabs spit. Gangstas spit. Little boys spit. EVERYONE IS SPITTING THESE DAYS. Everyone except me. (Should I be spitting?)

I am confused about all this spitting. WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?

Any insight?

MC
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited November 2001
    Options
    if you don't look at them, you won't see them spitting:D
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Micah isn't a spitter, eh?

Here in the South, everyone dips which inevitably leads to spitting.

It's kind of nasty I suppose but it is much better than smoking. I can't stand that. Nothing worse than seeing a hottie spark up.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    instant turn-off. no matter how hot a chick is, that is the nastiest
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I have worse than average allergies. Hence, I usually have something other than plain SPIT to SPIT out. In my experience, blowing your nose doesn't always get everything out. Sometime hocking luggies(?) is the only way to go. I try not to swallow that stuff, just on principle. And yes, I know humans swallow over a quart of saliva a day, but this ain't saliva!

And Troy is right, more people dip down here. I'll take dipping to smoking everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, as a non-smoker.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I was diggin me some Charlize Theron until I saw her spark up.

BTW, is it me or does it seem that smoking by hot women is on the rise??

Troy

and I'm with Wes, spitting doesn't neccessarily bother me, it for the most part evaporates. Cigarette butts are disgusting and as a non-smoker who was forced to pick up butts (one of the priveleges of military life) I say that dropping them on the ground should be punishable by death.
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    seems to be that way, should be illegal or something. (if they're hot)
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    But... SPITTING on the street? Is this attractive?

I'd actually LIKE TO SEE a hottie light a cigarette rather than seeing one SPIT ON THE STREET, as I have seen. At least you can get them to put the cigarette out, shower up and brush their teeth, whereas once you've seen a hottie spit on the sidewalk... What else is there? It's over.

How do you do that, spit on the street in public? Aren't you, I don't know, ASHAMED to do that? Doesn't it look bad? Don't you think, "I'm SPITTING on the street, in front of other people"?

It seems like something that would cause someone (not me, of course) to ask, "Were you raised in a BARN?"

Can anyone help me here? Spitting in public is freaking DISGUSTING! Yet, like a bunch of other disgusting things, it seems in vogue now. Help.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    at least blowing snot-rockets after the age of 8 in public hasn't become the new fad. now that would be disgusting. :D
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Spitting to me is just like "snot-rockets."

SNOT ROCKETS cracked me up, BTW. That's funny!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    i don't think snot-rockets are nearly as bad as spitting. guess that's because sometimes i'll find myself spitting in public...:)
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    mad funny! snot-rockets!

I dunno, I guess hocking a loogie, doesn't bother me too much.

A hottie that smokes, man, no way. It's just the thought of it that is nasty.....and like I said, it seems like most of them now, even famous hotties do it.

Troy
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Man, I was just walking back from class and almost stepped in the nastiest looking lugie I've ever seen. It was freakin' massive! It looked like someone puked snot!

Aaron
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    but given the choice of expelling it on the ground or swallowing....pedestrians, beware!

Troy
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    if i have a nasty lugee built up, i'd much rather make someone else puke up watching me spit it out, rather than making myself hurl swallowing it...
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Were you raised in a barn?

So, spitting is okay in public? You're okay with how it looks in public? With how it looks to other people -- chicks dig guys who spit?

I can't see it.

Smoking's a whole other bag of apples -- those hippy-dippy people who have "Love Your Mother -- Don't Litter" bumper stickers... And they flick their damned cigarette butts out the window. I need a bumper sticker that says, "CIGARETTE BUTTS ARE LITTER, TOO, YA IDIOT!"

But I'm not done with this SPITTING thing. You're all saying that SPITTING is okay, socially acceptable, attractive behavior good for every boy and every girl?

HELP!

Christ on a cracker I have to get off this planet.

MC

(SNOT ROCKETS! Just saying that is cracking me up!)
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited November 2001
    Options
    What is worse is when they spit after...
    Um...
    yes I agree, spitting is BAD!
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    didn't say it's attractive, it's just my choice to spit it out (even if in public) rather than swallow it. i'm not saying i make a habit of it either, jsut when i have to, i do.

so micah, you nver spit in public????

i'm with you on the cigarette butts out the window. if i was a police officer, i'd fine every person i see doing that. the fools don't even get it, that it IS littering!!! a couple of $300 fines will get the point across
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    at that point brotha, I could care less.

MC,

Dude, I think you have missed the bus on this one. The way I look at it is this, just for the sake of doing it, yes, it is disgusting. If I got some serious phlem built up, out it comes. Just the way it is.

Yeah, what's up with the earthy types keeping Camel in business and then leaving butts everywhere. A bath and clean clothes are environmentally friendly as well.

Troy
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    so micah, you nver spit in public????

Never once ever. The only thing that would make me spit in public was if I ingested something horrible in public and had to spit it out right there in public. Never happens. I never ever have anything in my mouth while I am in public that I have to spit out.

I never spit in public, and I never RUN in public unless being chased. Or, unless I'm in the final scenes of MANHATTAN, WHEN HARRY MET SALLY or AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER.

I don't know why more people are not like me in these respects.

Spitting in public is disgusting and I refuse to believe that guys who spit in public get laid at all because it would surely disrupt my whole view of the universe.

Can't wait to start the SMOKING HOTTIE thread!

MC

snnnnnnoooooottttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooocketttttsssssssssssss!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by Micah

Spitting in public is disgusting and I refuse to believe that guys who spit in public get laid at all because it would surely disrupt my whole view of the universe.

snnnnnnoooooottttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooocketttttsssssssssssss!

spitting in public has never had any affect on the # of times i've been laid.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited November 2001
    Options
    That's proof that there is no god.

Next?
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I am certainly not complaining, I used to get myself laid in an orderly, proficient military manner on a fairly regular basis. Although I wasn't what you would describe a serial snot rocket jockey either.

Troy
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited November 2001
    Options
    spitting is nasty... i don't care what anyone says.

joe :D
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    it may be nasty, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

hey micah, maybe you want to spit on the sidewalk on the way out of the office tonite, maybe you'll get laid tonite:D
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    ...on me about spitting. What is TOTALLY FOUL is when someone hocks one in the trashcan. That does totally suck. That is grounds for execution.

Troy
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I spit in public and I get laid....looks as though your view is disrupted.

Peace Out~:D

Hey, it dries up!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by juice21
    instant turn-off. no matter how hot a chick is, that is the nastiest

I don't know about anyone else, but I sort of disagree with this statement. Although, I'm not sure we are thinking on the same wavelength about the particular situation in which this spitting occurs :D

~JB
  • juice21
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Originally posted by -Justin-

I don't know about anyone else, but I sort of disagree with this statement. Although, I'm not sure we are thinking on the same wavelength about the particular situation in which this spitting occurs :D

~JB

well, in that case, i prefer her swallowing :D
  • TroyD
    edited November 2001
    Options
    Justin and I see eye to eye on this subject....

Troy
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2001
    Options
    I know I'm kind of late with this, but Troy said:
    Nothing worse than seeing a hottie spark up.

Well, I've seen a few here in AR dipping and spitting. To me that's even a little worse than smoking!