LSiM703 Demo - Pittsburgh Area - Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh

Options
schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,328
edited October 2011 in Gatherings & Special Events
Greetings!

I would like to thank the wonderful people at Polk Audio, especially Mark (Doro) for providing me with a pair of LSiM703 speakers to demo in the Pittsburgh area. These new LSiM703 are bookshelf speakers are from the new flagship line from Polk Audio. I will have these speakers for about two weeks. I brought them over to Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh where you can hear them Tuesday through Saturday from 3:00 PM until 10:00 PM. I figured this would allow the maximum access for audiophiles to hear these first class bookshelf speakers.

Tonight we had these speakers connected to the new CARVER VTA 305M Black Beauty monoblock amplifiers (retail $12,000). Everyone who attended the Audio Geek meeting at Vintage HiFi this evening were stunned by the sound! :biggrin:

What I would like is for you do hear these beautiful speakers at Vintage HiFi and post your impressions (good or bad) in this thread. Polk Audio is very interested in your feedback. I think that you will find these speakers to be very fast, articulate with a stunning mid range presentation. The model we have for demonstration has a beautiful cherry finish that will complement any formal living area. These speakers look like fine furniture. (Check out my photos below).

The setup at Vintage HiFi will allow you to hear these beautiful speakers using a digital (CDs) or analog (turntable) source, a modified Carver C-19 tube preamplifier, and a pair of Carver VTA 305M tube monoblock amplifiers. These beautiful tube monoblocks can produce 305 watts of smooth dynamic power. The new Polk LSiM703s really shine in this configuration.

More about the Polk LSiM703s appear on the Polk Product webpage located Here

I took some pictures this evening for your enjoyment.

DSCN7633.jpg

DSCN7634.jpg

Tom and I would very much like for you to visit vintage HiFi, hear these wonderful speakers and post your review on the Polk Forum. I encourage all Polk Audio Forum members in the Pittsburgh area to visit Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh and post your review. You know who you are!!:biggrin:

This is a rare opportunity to hear some of the finest audio speakers on the market that are going to be offered at a very reasonable price.

Please check them out! Limit time only!

Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh is located at 3380 Babcock Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15237 Phone 412-369-8823, here's their link: http://vintagehifipgh.com/forum/inde...cseen#msg14740

Regards,

Carl
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What, Tom doesn't have any stands?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Greetings Jesse!

I am working on that! Actually the listening room is an area where people walk in and out off. Few people sit. The Polks are at ear level on top of those Snells. So it acutually sound s pretty good! People were asking abou you tonight. How a about a vist?:twisted:
    Carl

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nice looking setup. When I get them out on the West Coast for demo, I will have a very simiilar setup to demo them on. I am excited to see what you guys thick of the new Carver tubes with the 703's

Great job guys.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nice setup. I see a Lightstar and a couple of CF tube amps. Have fun and looking forward to the Pitts Audio community reviews.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • F1nut
    edited October 2011
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Greetings Jesse!

I am working on that! Actually the listening room is an area where people walk in and out off. Few people sit. The Polks are at ear level on top of those Snells. So it acutually sound s pretty good! People were asking abou you tonight. How a about a vist?:twisted:

Yeah I know, I need to get my sorry butt up to see you guys.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you have never visited ,you owe it to yourself to do so.You will not want to leave,,these folks are very hospitable.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • beemers417
    beemers417 Posts: 34
    edited October 2011
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    What, Tom doesn't have any stands?

Stands... I don't need no stinking stands... Actually working on that you vampire.:cool:
  • beemers417
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have been listening to these speakers for a few days now on the Carver 305's. Incredible!!! Today, I am running them on a Bob Carver designed, built by one of the scariest audio geeks at CarverFest,( not you George) 20w tube amp. I must say, I am very impressed once again. The sound stage is deep,wide, and very pleasing to my ears. Great speakers,very easy on the eyes, and a great deal for the money.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2011
    Options
    beemers417 wrote: »
    I have been listening to these speakers for a few days now on the Carver 305's. Incredible!!! Today, I am running them on a Bob Carver designed, built by one of the scariest audio geeks at CarverFest,( not you George) 20w tube amp. I must say, I am very impressed once again. The sound stage is deep,wide, and very pleasing to my ears. Great speakers,very easy on the eyes, and a great deal for the money.

waaaaaaaaaaaaa--I still love you guys--have fun.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • beemers417
    edited October 2011
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Yeah I know, I need to get my sorry butt up to see you guys.

Come visit Jesse! We will have emergency audio geek meetings just for you.:mrgreen:
  • F1nut
    edited October 2011
    Options
    beemers417 wrote: »
    Stands... I don't need no stinking stands... Actually working on that you vampire.:cool:

:cheesygrin:

President of Club Polk

• Namikis
    Namikis Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    Options
    These speakers struck me as 'belonging' in the price category they are aimed at or even exceeding expectations for it. Very detailed sound (did Tom have the treble ramped up as usual in that pre?) and solid mid-bass. The construction and finish looks solidly high-end - it is much better than I have seen in recent Polk memory. I am now interested in listening to the floorstander that I assume has much better bass extension.

BTW - after thinking about it, I do not recall [ever] seeing stands at Tom's store - he seems to favor floorstanding speakers as temporary stands for bookshelf speakers. :neutral:

As I said in the Vintage HiFi Shop forum - the Black Beauty Carver amps made those Polks sing! Nothing like a good set of tube amps to make a system rock.

OBG
  • beemers417
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This Saturday Oct15 is the last day to audition these wonderful speakers.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Where are they going next?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2011
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Where are they going next?

To you Dan, read your PM.
    Carl

• donaldfagen
    donaldfagen Posts: 30
    edited October 2011
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    To you Dan, read your PM.
    If these are really going to Bucks County, PA next, I'll be crossing the bridge from NJ to check them out. Been waiting a long time! Thanks to whomever made the arrangements!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I PM'd you back.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.