Keep your gear safe! Python 872 Car Security Alarm

PerfectCreature
PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
edited June 2012 in Garage Sale
Python 872 Car Security System (Like New)
2 P3300 Door Lock Actuators
Directed Electronics Resistor Pack
506T Audio Sensor
Expresskit DLPK
520T Back-Up Battery
I am asking $225 Shipped for all of it.
Just send me a PM if interested, I can take photos if you would like.

Details
Security Features

Overview: This Python car security system from Directed Electronics will protect your vehicle with the most up-to-date electronic technologies available, including Remote Start, the Stinger DoubleGuard shock sensor, the Revenger six-tone siren, and the Failsafe Starter Kill. The system has 4 auxiliary outputs to provide keyless entry and other convenience features. The unit is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.

Note: The remote start function is for fuel injected vehicles only.

Responder LE 5-button Remote Controls: The Python Model 872 features Responder LE 2-way communication technology in the hybrid remote start and car security system. It comes with one 2-way Responder LE remote control and a companion 1-way Responder LE remote. The 2-way Responder LE remote is equipped with a powerful 8 MHz microprocessor running SuperCode protocol with advanced, software-based digital encryption and function control. Not only can you arm and disarm the alarm and start the car, you can monitor the status of your vehicle using the GhostLight LEDs on the remote. The remotes have an incredible range of 2000 feet with a 3-6 month battery life.

Remote Control Functions: The unique Responder LE remote control has separate lock and unlock buttons, a remote start button, and an auxiliary button. The function button allows you to access the full power of SuperCode programming when combined with other buttons for dozens of functions. A quick reference guide for button functions is provided.

ESP2: The Model 872 features ESP2, Directed's exclusive serial communications protocol that allows extra ultra security, high-speed communication between systems, and enables many of Directed's key features.

66-bit Clone-Safe Code-Hopping: To prevent the unauthorized cloning of the remote's transmitter, the receiver and remote controls each use mathematical algorithms to change their codes each time the remote is used. The control unit knows what the next codes should be, even if you use the remote control out of range of the vehicle or the battery has been removed. Should the remote and control unit ever get "out of sync", you can easily re-sync the remote by pressing the "lock" button several times within range of the vehicle.

Two-car Control: You can operate the Responder LE 2-way remote control system for two cars, with full command capability for both vehicles.

Control Center: In addition to the hideaway control module, the system also includes a control center, which includes the RF remote antenna, the status LED, and the valet/system override switch. Typically the control center is mounted high on the windshield or a rear or side window.

Modified Arming: The Responder LE gives you control over how it will protect your car. Normal arming means that all the security features are active automatically. Some security features can be turned off on a one-time basis, if desired. Features that can be turned off include the Warn Away response, the Shock Sensor full trigger response, or the response from other added optional sensors. When these features are turned off, the entry points are still monitored. The next time the alarm is disarmed, then rearmed, the system will revert to Normal Arming.

Failsafe Starter Kill: To prevent your vehicle from being stolen, the control unit has a built-in relay which will disable the starter. The Automatic Engine Disable (AED) feature, when programmed "on," disables the starter 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off. To start the car, it will be necessary to disarm the system with the remote control.

Revenger Siren: The Model 872 includes the Revenger Soft Chirp siren (model 514N). It consists of six different tones in sequence. Any of the tones can be eliminated, resulting in a unique, easily identifiable siren sound. The siren chirps can be either full volume or six decibels quieter than the full alarm blast.

Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor: The system features the Stinger Double-Guard Shock Sensor, which is designed to pick up impacts to the vehicle or glass. The sensitivity of the shock sensor is adjustable using the rotary control on the back of the control module. When the sensitivity is set, a light impact will generate the "Warn-Away" pre-warning chirp of the siren. A harder impact will trigger a full alarm blast.

Auxiliary Outputs: Convenience options, such as remote control trunk release and window automation, are available through the system's four auxiliary outputs.

Silent Modes: The system gives you a number of silent modes:

* Silent Mode 2: You can turn off the vehicle siren and flashing lights on a one-time basis, leaving the system's paging feature as the only alarm response.
* Full Silent Mode: In full silent mode, the siren cannot be triggered, but any trigger will cause the 2-way remote to be paged.
* Sensor Silent Mode: In this mode, a sensor cannot trigger the siren, but will cause the 2-way remote to be paged. All entry points (doors, hood, etc.) will still trigger the siren.

Door Locks: The Model 872 will automatically lock your vehicle's doors when you arm the alarm, and unlock the doors when disarming the alarm. When interfacing with any other type of factory door lock system besides negative switching locks, or when adding aftermarket actuators, two relays (such as two 120E5000s) or a door lock module (such as item 607451M) will be required.

Note: If your vehicle requires the use of a Data Integration module that controls your factory door locks, no extra parts besides the Data Integration module will be required.

Dome Light Control: You can control your vehicle's dome light in a number of ways:

* Security Only: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the system is disarmed.
* Ignition Controlled: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off.
* Door Controlled: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after the system sees a door has closed. (If door is held open for longer than 3 minutes, the dome light will not illuminate.
* Full: The dome light activates for 30 seconds after seeing door closure, ignition, or security disarm. (This is the factory setting.)

Valet Mode: You can prevent the system from automatically arming and triggering by using the Valet Mode. This is very useful when washing the vehicle or having it serviced. In Valet Mode, the security system will not arm, even with the remote control, but all convenience features (door locks, trunk release) continue to work normally.

Nuisance Prevention Circuitry: The Nuisance Prevention Circuitry prevents annoying repetitive trigger sequences due to faulty door pin switches or environmental conditions, such as thunder, jackhammers, airport noise, etc. If the alarm triggers three times within a 60 minute period, and each time the same sensor or switch triggers the alarm, the NPC ignores, or bypasses, that sensor or switch (along with any other sensors or switches sharing the same zone) for 60 minutes.
Remote Start Features

Remote Start Overview: The Python Model 872 can start your car and run it by remote control from a distance of up to 2000 feet for a preset amount of time. The remote start can be used on vehicles with manual or automatic transmissions. The status of the vehicle can be monitored by the LEDs on the 2-way Responder LE remote.

Run Time: The preset remote start run time is 12 minutes. You can change the run time to between 12 and 60 minutes. The remote control can notify you on the 2-way remote how much of the run time is remaining (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, etc.).

Automatic Shut-down/Starter Lockout: After the vehicle is remote started, the remote starter will shut down when the brake pedal is pressed, the hood is opened, if the alarm is triggered when armed, or when the remote start command is sent again from a remote control. In addition, if the hood is opened or if the brake pedal is pressed, you cannot start the vehicle using the remote starter.

Turbo Timer: The turbo timer mode keeps the engine running after arriving at your destination for a programmable period of time. This allows the system's timer to conveniently cool down the turbo after you have left the vehicle. You can select a turbo timer mode of 1, 3, 5, or 10 minutes.

Cabin Temperature: Using the Responder LE system, you can check the temperature inside the vehicle. LEDs on the remote will light up indicating the temperature range of the vehicle. This allows you to monitor how long to pre-heat or pre-cool your vehicle.

Rear Defogger: When the rear defogger circuit is connected to the alarm output, the rear defogger will automatically come on when the vehicle is remote started. You can also manually activate the rear defogger after the remote start is on. If the interior cabin temperature is above 55? F, the defogger will not activate.

Valet Takeover: This feature allows the vehicle to remain running after the key has been removed from the ignition. This is useful for those occasions when you wish to exit and lock the vehicle for short periods of time while leaving the motor running and the climate controls on.

Anti-grind Circuitry: Whenever the vehicle is remote started, advanced anti-grind circuitry prevents the starter from engaging, even if the key is turned to the start position. This prevents damage to the starter motor.

Shutdown Switch: You can temporarily disable the remote start unit to prevent the vehicle from being remote started accidentally by switching the supplied neutral safety toggle switch to the Off position.
Receiver
Harman Kardon HK 3490
Speakers
Polk Audio Monitor 50s
Subwoofer
Klipsch KSW-100
Cables
AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
PS4
Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
Post edited by PerfectCreature on

Comments

• PerfectCreature
    edited October 2011
    I am open to offers, feel free to PM me any.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
  • PerfectCreature
    edited October 2011
    Price drop to $175 shipped-this was the last offer I received and individual backed out.
    I am willing to honor this offer for anyone who wants it.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited October 2011
    nice alarm........GLWS
  • PerfectCreature
    edited October 2011
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    nice alarm........GLWS

I appreciate your edit, considering your post before has no actual value to this thread.
    Thanks for the best wishes.
    Any takers?
    This is an absolute steal at $175 shipped.
    It will cost me $15 alone just to ship it.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
  • PerfectCreature
    edited October 2011
    Really fantastic unit, even has a remote start built in. I need this moved people, you cannot get a better deal than this for the worth in value and safety of your stuff than this right here.
    I would prefer to sell to a local member here then someone on ebay.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
  • dcg
    dcg Posts: 5
    edited December 2011
  • PerfectCreature
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I do.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
  • dcg
    edited December 2011
    run down what I am purchasing, and is the unit functional all programmable modes starter kill. reason i ask bought two on line and both were defective and I have not refund recoarse as they were both as is.
  • dcg
    edited December 2011
  • dcg
    edited December 2011
    how much is fair for you? let me know quickly. i have a bid on another unit I will need to cancel. new without accessories are on line for $159 best price I hsve found.
  • dcg
    edited December 2011
    hi my current bid has 16 hrs left before close. let me know and thank you merry christmas
  • PerfectCreature
    edited December 2011
    Well, I cannot promise that it will work. I bought it new, in the box from a dealer in my area. He got sick and I ended up placing the money into a transmission for my car. I decided to install myself but have not gotten around to it. By that, it has not been tested. I do not have the means to test either.
    Everything however, is in fantastic shape.
    All items are in like new condition. Nothing has ever been used, aside from the manual, which was by me to try to plan out my install.
    I have a DLPK as well, if it would make things easier.
    I can do $175 shipped as suggested, the extra parts alone, could end up costing you that much. I can even add in the DLPK (and the door actuators), as I will have no use for it. If you are interested send me a PM.
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
  • PerfectCreature
    edited December 2011
    That is basically your "lowest" price you found, plus what it will take for me to ship it.
    You more or less get all the accessories for free....
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2