mufsoman Posts: 631
edited September 2011 in Electronics
I thought I would share a piece of my audio
Sherwood TT 005.jpg
Sherwood TT 001.jpg
Sherwood TT 002.jpg
Sherwood TT 003.jpg
Sherwood TT 004.jpg
history......I still have my TT from the college days. Still works, but have not used it many years. Last time I dug it out of storage, I had to disassemble it and clean/lube all the mechanisms to loosen it up the linear tracking drive. Anyone have experience with this TT? I know its not anywhere near audiofile quality, especially by today's standards, but just interested if anyone has any experience or opinions of it. I probably spent about $200 (?) for it in the early 80's. One of these days I'll get around to plugging it in to my current setup and spin some of the old vinyl collection......Thanks
Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
Front: Rti12's
Center: Csi A6
Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
APC H15
Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
The rest is TBD.
Post edited by mufsoman on

Comments

• stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What a funky looking TT, is that an AT P-mount cart? Welcome back to vinyl, hook that puppy up!
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The info. on the cartridge is Audio-Technica M14LC/U. Other than that, no clue what the cartridge is. Last time a bought a new cartridge for this TT was probably mid/late 80's.
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • Marty913
    Marty913 Posts: 760
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The original came with an Audio-Technica ATN-5103R (pretty sure) but you could also buy it without. I think Radio Shack sold a version of it under the Realistic brand maybe around 1982 or 83. I think it's cool and you should hook it up.
    Sony 60'' SXRD 1080p
    Amp = Carver AV-705THX 5-Channel
    Processor = NAD T747
    Panasonic BD35 Blu-Ray
    Main = SDA-1C Studio with RD0s, spikes, XO rebuild, rings, I/C upgrade
    Center=Polk CS10, Surround = Athena Dipoles, Sub= Boston 12HO
    Music/Video Streaming = Netgear NEO550
    TT = Audio Technica