Monitor 10 b's for sale DC/BALT area

Options
pwmcon1
pwmcon1 Posts: 29
edited September 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
HI,
I am the original owner of 2 speakers, rosewood in great shape.
Pick up only
email for pics, I also have the stands
pwmcon2@yahoo.com
Post edited by pwmcon1 on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Russ - Do you know the driver specs on this speaker? Anyone?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Don't remember the exact specs, I used to have a pair and they are an awsome sounding speaker for their size. They will definantly amaze you with the soundstage and low end extension and I just had the first generation of these the 10a's.
    I would say there was quite an improvement when the 10b's came out with the updated tweeter, I believe they came with the sl2000's ...no.

Cheers,
    Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • pwmcon1
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I have the original paperwork at home somewhere
    but these I bought about 15-20 years ago
    never had a problem
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    HWM - The M10b was my very first speaker, way back in the day. I think they have the SL2000's also, but I am not sure.

PWN- What price we talking here? I am interested. It is dependent on the driver details. Hopefully Russ or another forum member will help with ID'ing the parts. I am local, a local yokel.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I believe the 6 1/2 inch drivers are mw 6503's, they were in my 10a's.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I've got the 10Bs. I picked them up about 14 years ago and still love 'em.
    Each one has:
    SL-2000 tweet
    2 MW-6503
    10" passive radiator

I believe they're rated for 6 ohm, 250 watt, 89db @1 watt.

The stands are definately a bonus. The sound good on the floor, but great elevated and anchored.

Heads up! I once blew a 6503 while doing a left/right shootout with a speaker rated a 30 watts. I have since replaced the driver and bought a new receiver (then amp and preamp). They lika da' juice? On the new receiver they sounded much better and were able to play much louder without distorting even though it was rated for less wattage.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Right on with the driver compliment Gidrah.

These were my first set of polks wayyyyy back when. When I upgraded to SDA's years back, I passed the 10B's on to my brother.

I'm glad he's enjoying them, but to this day I wish I would have kept them. Would have made a fun 2 channel setup. Then again, could have used them in the 5.1 setup and promoted my 2.3's to 2 channel.

Anyway, someone should grab these! They really are a great sounding speaker!

What is he asking for them anyway? PRICE???

John
    No excuses!
  • pwmcon1
    edited September 2003
    Options
    have to apologize to you all, someone has correctly pointed out that these are not the B series so I went looking in my files and

I have just found the original Instructional Manual paperwork on these speakers
    I purchased these in 1984, new, I am the only owner

These are not the Monitor 10 B, they are just the Monitor 10
    specs are
    6 ohms
    feq resp 22 hz- 25000 hz
    the built in x-over at 60 hz from upper base drivers to sub bass radiator
    I also have the Equipment test Report from Hirsch-Houck Labs, it is 2 pages very detailed. I can fax this to anyone interested
    I have already received my lsi9, so I want to get rid of these asap.

therefore I am reducing my sale price to $200 including the stands, or best offer

prefer pick up DC-Philadelphia area
  • pwmcon1
    edited September 2003
    Options
    these have been sold, $200