Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. should win America's got talent

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,017
edited September 2011 in The Clubhouse
I hope he does.:wink:

He's been growing with confidence since the begining and tonight with Patti Labelle...

Pretty darn good performance!!:cool:
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
Post edited by Tony M on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He's in the top 2...:biggrin:
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    all...right!!!!!!
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Get your Landau Murphy Jr. SACD soon..:tongue::biggrin::cool:
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I bet he wins...hope he wins!! He's just too cool for school :smile:
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think he won because people just bought into his "simple car wash guy" Cinderella story. Yes, he can sing very well, but wasn't the purpose of that show to land an act in Vegas? Like seriously, would general public want to hear/see him in Vegas or say Illuminato people??
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Both me and the GF thought it would be team illuminate that would take the win. In fact, i think they should have. That is simply the coolest thing I've seen all year. What that girl did to create such a costume with so much variety allows for some amazing results.

On the other hand, Landau has an AWESOME voice. I actually look forward to buying an album if he ever produces one.

That Poplyfe band did a (IMO) AMAZING remake of Come Together by The Beatles. Those young kids have a career just starting and they will do well.

Silhouettes was very touching and so very talented. I too, would love to see them live.
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I and my wife thought Illuminate and Landau Murphy were the top two from what was in the finals also AND we had picked they from waaaaay back in the early auditions anyway. We also thought Iluminate was going to win but their last two acts just didn't have the WOW that their more simpler programs had. Therefore my attention went towards Landau.

Those tumblers and acrobats with the pole jumping were high on my voting scale too!!! They were AWSOME. That would've been a show to see in Vegas also!!

Then they showed the somewhat small auditorium the final winner was going to perform in, I though, the powers that be will not want drunk, high people in that place. A more sofisticated audience would be more appropriate. Suits, and an evening out type scenario. I was right.

Now in an auditorium setting....Illuminate and some inhancement intake of some kind anyday over Landau.

Sillouette in an auditorium without inhancements would be fantastic too.

So...

Landau= LasVegas Class Act.

Illuminate= Get more refined and conquer big city auditoriums like BlueMan Group has done and then a Vegas auditorium act LIKE Blueman Group has done.

Sillouette= Auditorium shows about Patrotic and personal issue performances in every high school across America and the World. Nothing to small about their stage opportunities in the least. Maybe careers will be made within Sillouette's show ventures.:cool:

Poplyfe= Auditorium and outdoor shows. Maybe even a CD of their Beatles compilation and the Stevie Wonder duo they did last night plus some of their Michael Jackson, Queen knockoffs.
    Awsome talented YOUNG band with the Country at their beconing call for now. Then as their Talents get even BETTER, they might write their own and sell CDs in the future.They seem like a drug free little band right now with great heads on their shoulders. God bless em. They worked hard for their placement in these finals.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My wife and I also thought that Landau and I-luminate were the two best acts. I would absolutely go see I luminate. Our first choice was I luminate but this show's fans has a tendency to pick the down on his luck singer, regardless of full blown talent. Ie Michael Grim last year and the Chicken farmer a few years ago. However Landau is fully better than the aforementioned singers.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There was some good acts but the show as a whole SUCKS!!!!
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Now the reality shows of people put into a single house for dramatics..SUCKS.
    All the way around for me.

This show is purely "simple and ment to be candid at times" entertainment. It's not ment for people who don't have much of a sense of humor and only want serious talent auditions throughtout the production. Get past the simple program layout, laugh at the stupid people who truly believe they have talent, and appreciate the people who do have talent and need a break and get it through simple shows like this.

If people voting really had a say so in the results...who knows what stupid act or person would win.:eek:

Now Terry Vader is a perfect winning choice example....His Vegas act has been packed every show since he started after winning this show. And most of all, he's happy and rich now too.

I agree about some of the past winners that coolsax mentioned. Just like the Radio voice man who the world embraced and helped out. I haven't heard anything about him since he went into therapy or rehab. I hope he's got a radio job again. I haven't heard much about those other winners either.

Carrie Underwood....Millionaire and famous and happy because of the other silly show about talent.

I hope Landau can handle the fame and ride it for a long time..I wonder though. It looked like him and Patti Labelle were having fun so, for him, I hope his fun, fame and success makes him and his family happy for years to come.

But...

What do you guys think about WWA/WWO(sp.) Wrestling Events?
  • camp21178
    camp21178 Posts: 273
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's all about marketability. It's hard to promote a huge group of performers vs a solo artist. Where do these giant groups perform? Fortunately I didn't waste time watching it.
  • Tony M
    edited September 2011
    Options
    camp21178 wrote: »
    It's all about marketability. It's hard to promote a huge group of performers vs a solo artist. Where do these giant groups perform? Fortunately I didn't waste time watching it.

I hope one day your asked to attend a Silloettes show or a Illuminate show.Go.:wink:

Well worth 20.00 a ticket for each unless Illuminate gets greater. Then 60.00.

Landau tickets....40.00-60.00.