LSi25s (cherry, crossover mods)

JimAckley
JimAckley Posts: 1,138
edited October 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
My old F/S thread is full of a lot of off-topic stuff, so I decided to make a new thread to try to get these babies sold.

I have a pair of cherry LSi25s for sale. The crossovers have been upgraded with Sonicap capacitors and Mills resistors, and the subwoofer sections have had polyfill added to clean up the bass a little bit. I also flipped the designation of the woofers for better midrange placement since 36" is a lot closer to my ear height than 45". This can easily be reverted if desired. I have no clue where my pictures of the modded crossovers went, so I'll take some more of them later today when I have an opportunity.

There are some small scratches on the bases of each speaker, and two small nicks in the top of the right speaker, but neither are noticeable unless you're pretty close to them and looking for the damage.

I'm asking $800 for the pair, which I think is very reasonable since they retail for a heckuva lot more and have been upgraded. I'd prefer to deal locally, payment via cash or PayPal (buyer picks up PP fees), but I'll build a shipping crate and send them freight if I absolutely must, in which case the buyer would have to pick up the shipping cost as well. I don't mind driving to meet up with someone, but would like to keep it within reason. I'm not up for driving for hours on end just to sell them.

If you have a question, email me. My inbox fills up relatively frequently, and emails get pushed to my phone instantly, speeding up the whole communication process.
- Computer Rig -
YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
Post edited by JimAckley on

Comments

• Tungx2
    Tungx2 Posts: 58
    edited September 2011
    damn, i wish i live in Texas~

i would love to grab them off of u if i don't live close to the other side of the continent.
    TV.......................Samsung 46" LCD LN46A550
    A/V Receiver.........Yamaha RX-V3900
    Amplifier.............. Emotiva XPA-1 Gen 2 for fronts, XPA-3 Gen 2 for center and Surrounds.
    BluRay Player.........Sony PS3
    Fronts...................RTia9 (modded)
    Center.............. ...CSiA6 (modded)
    Surrounds.............Empty for now. But waiting for a Fxi A6 deal on polk ebay.
    Rear Surrounds.... Deciding if front presence is the way to go instead.
    Sub..................... SVS PB12-plus/2
  • angelsfann02
    angelsfann02 Posts: 589
    edited September 2011
    Mole these are tight!!!!
    LIVING ROOM:
    Pioneer PDP-6070HD, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD,
    Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva USP-1, Polk LSI15's, Polk LSiC, Velodyne 12", Mirage Nanosat Prestige rears, MIT AVT Speaker Cables, Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects, Panamax M5300pm Surge Protection/ Power Conditioning
    BEDROOM: VIZIO 32" LCD, Pioneer Elite VSX-23txh, Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD, Parasound HCA-2205A, Mirage Nanosat Prestige Speakers 5.1, Mirage S8 Sub, Monoprice cables, APC Surge Protection.
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited September 2011
    Mole these are tight!!!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sending a PM now.......
    mole'
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited September 2011
    That price is sick, somebody pick these up before he comes to his senses.....
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited September 2011
    Jim

I would try calling Polk CS and see if they have the boxes and foam for these. I bought some for my A9's last year and it ran about $70 shipped to me.
  • mole'
    edited September 2011
    if you can get the boxes. can i get a shipping quote to SoCal?
    mole'
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    I'll give them a shout and get a quote.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • angelsfann02
    edited September 2011
    Mole get these. They are tight!!!!
    LIVING ROOM:
    Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva USP-1, Polk LSI15's, Polk LSiC, Velodyne 12", Mirage Nanosat Prestige rears, MIT AVT Speaker Cables, Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects, Panamax M5300pm Surge Protection/ Power Conditioning
    BEDROOM: VIZIO 32" LCD, Pioneer Elite VSX-23txh, Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD, Parasound HCA-2205A, Mirage Nanosat Prestige Speakers 5.1, Mirage S8 Sub, Monoprice cables, APC Surge Protection.
  • mole'
    edited September 2011
    Mole get these. They are tight!!!!

working on it..........
    mole'
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Mole, I'm gonna email your AOL address since the forums are goofy to use through my phone.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• mole'
    edited September 2011
    JimAckley wrote: »
    Mole, I'm gonna email your AOL address since the forums are goofy to use through my phone.

got ya

i just called Polk Direct store in vista. they have the LSi25 L/R boxes in stock for $36 each.
    mole'
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Yeah I had already talked to them. No inserts though :-\
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• mole'
    edited September 2011
    Yeah I had already talked to them. No inserts though :-\

they lady told me they came with inserts/foam.....
    mole'
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    I'll call again. When I called, Eric said they were out of inserts.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    In case anyone else was wondering, Polk's on-hold music is just as cheesy as every other company's
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2011
    I gotta say this is cool watching the gear change hands. The play by plays as they happen...

Considering these cost what I paid new for my A9's... I almost regret a little when I see these. I'd even rock the cherry look even though preference is black. Oh if I could go back a couple weeks. :p What else is funny is I have family driving down to Texas right now (18 wheel) that could have even picked them up.

Congrats mole if you get them.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited September 2011
    mole' wrote: »
    got ya

i just called Polk Direct store in vista. they have the LSi25 L/R boxes in stock for $36 each.

Is that with the club Polk discount?
  • mole'
    edited September 2011
    I'll call again. When I called, Eric said they were out of inserts.

i guess i miss heard what the lady said then.

:frown:
    In case anyone else was wondering, Polk's on-hold music is just as cheesy as every other company's

THIS IS VERY TRUE!!!!!!

Drenis wrote: »
    I gotta say this is cool watching the gear change hands. The play by plays as they happen...

Considering these cost what I paid new for my A9's... I almost regret a little when I see these. I'd even rock the cherry look even though preference is black. Oh if I could go back a couple weeks. :p What else is funny is I have family driving down to Texas right now (18 wheel) that could have even picked them up.

Congrats mole if you get them.

they are not mine yet....

leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Is that with the club Polk discount?

i did not ask for a CP discount, so im guessing its just the normal price.
    mole'
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Just for the record, the LSi25s' boxes do not come with the foam inserts. I had a Polk CS rep research it and call me back to confirm this. Plus, at $72 for just a pair of cardboard boxes plus the foam, that's kinda up there for packaging, IMO.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited September 2011
    Packaging is not cheap guys. I paid $100 for a single Parasound JC-1 Monoblock box and packing for my amp but it was worth every penny to have something tight and reliable.

I know you may say it's just cardboard and foam, and it is but the shipping cost is still as if they were shipping a speaker in regards to dimensional costs. A LSi15/25 is charged as Oversized by UPS.

They can't ship flat, its shipped full size, so keep that in mind.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    These are still available guys. They're perfect for a 2-ch system where your wife won't allow a sub, or for that high-caliber home theater! The price is right, even with packing materials + shipping, so you're still a lot better off than buying new. Pull the trigger on some modded 25s and step up to the big leagues!
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2011
    To give anyone browsing an idea as to the discount, even at 40 percent off MSRP on Polks Ebay site these are still running 1500 AND the crossovers aren't upgraded on those

Frys carries a set for 2400 bucks, so at 800 dollars your looking at a FRIGGIN STEAL
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited September 2011
    FWIW

You can EASILY get boxes and packaging for under a 100 bucks

sheet of 2" foam at Lowes = 25 bucks, will take one sheet

Call up your local music stores that carry pro audio equipment - get some Dual 15" tower boxes and go to town brother!

GLWTS
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mole'
    edited September 2011
    still thinking about them.
    mole'
  • angelsfann02
    edited September 2011
    Mole, if you got the time take a roadtrip down to Dallas and pick them up! Too bad my truck driver buddy is not doing the long-haul bid this quarter. He might have picked them up for ya.
    LIVING ROOM:
  • angelsfann02
    edited September 2011
    FWIW

You can EASILY get boxes and packaging for under a 100 bucks

sheet of 2" foam at Lowes = 25 bucks, will take one sheet

Call up your local music stores that carry pro audio equipment - get some Dual 15" tower boxes and go to town brother!

GLWTS

The part that takes the most beating during shipping is the bottom base of the box (imagine the speakers standing upright on its base). A pair of rt2000's I shipped to florida were trashed by fedex, I saw the pics, because it looks like they had slammed them down and used a two- wheeled hand truck to move them around. The sharp edges of the hand truck had cut into the thick box and compromised the foam. Total loss. I did get my $$$ back.
    LIVING ROOM:
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Well I'm either gonna build wood crates or see if I can't get some large boxes from Guitar Center. Either way, they will be well-packed.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited September 2011
    The foam you buy at Lowes is 2" thick and lined on both sides with a plastic cover....

It is damn near indestructible....

I have shipped many things with it and all I get is complaints on how long it took them to get it out of the packaging because its that good.

I highly recommend it.

Crates are way overkill for those speakers.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • JimAckley
    edited September 2011
    Well either way it seems like I have plenty of time to figure it out.

The first person to pony up for these bad boys gets them. I have other projects on hold that I wanna get started that require these being sold for funding.
    - Computer Rig -

- Main Rig -

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2011
    I just asked the center if it wanted it brothers back, it said yes.

Too bad the wallet disagrees.

Bump!