Speaker Jumpers Fundraiser = Help some kids persue photography

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited September 2011 in 2 Channel Audio
My friend Dave Clark of Postive Feedback Online is also a teacher, and trying to raise money to buy cameras for his students to use (complete details in link). Long story short, they are still about $1000 short of what they need to make it happen - so my friend Christopher Sommovigo is offering his prototype Morpheus speaker jumpers for FREE with a minimum $35 donation to the cause. (you can send more than $35 if you are able)

And yes, your cancelled check IS your tax receipt. Help some kids, get some sweet jumpers, then write it all off - does it get any better?

Again, everything you need to know is in the link below. Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Russ

http://blackcat75.ning.com/page/camera-promo
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• sk1939
    sk1939 Posts: 295
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Good stuff, hope people take them up on this.
    Home:
    Onkyo TX-6500MKII/Polk LSI 9's (A)Polk TSi 100(B)/Polk PSW 10/Onkyo C-S5VL/Technics SL-QD33
    Home 2 (Playback):
    Dynaudio BM5A MKII/Dynaudio SUB 250MC/Audigy 2 ZS
    College:
    JBL LSR 2325P/JBL 2310SP/MOTU UltraLite MKIII
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's a no brainer really, assuming you have at least $35 to spare. Even if you don't have an immediate use, every good audiophile should have a pair of quality jumpers handy.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Do you have any other information on what kind of Photography equipment they are looking for? I might be able to help out with that!!!

I will be sending them a check, I could use a set of these jumpers! They look really nice!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Talking to the wife about it tonight since we get paid tomorrow. Hoping to get a couple pairs for present and future use.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • sk1939
    edited September 2011
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    It's a no brainer really, assuming you have at least $35 to spare. Even if you don't have an immediate use, every good audiophile should have a pair of quality jumpers handy.

Eh, I have nothing that can use the jumpers, except for the TSi 100's, which really wouldn't care if they had good quality jumpers or not.

Edit: I just realized I don't even have checks anymore.
    Home:
    Onkyo TX-6500MKII/Polk LSI 9's (A)Polk TSi 100(B)/Polk PSW 10/Onkyo C-S5VL/Technics SL-QD33
    Home 2 (Playback):
    College:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2011
    Options
    $35 sent. I'd love to toss them into the goody box for later. Thanks Russ.

I think all of us that just bought new cars recently, need to be involved here....just sayin'.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know this sounds stupid, but these are used to connect posts on bi-ampable speakers, correct?
  • sk1939
    edited September 2011
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I know this sounds stupid, but these are used to connect posts on bi-ampable speakers, correct?

Yes, instead of the brass jumpers. It does mean that you can't use banana connectors though, only bare wire or spades.
    Home:
    Home 2 (Playback):
    College:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Mark, Chris is the guy that was right across the hall from us at CAF, he had the small black towers with ribbon tweeters and the digital media server.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'll be sending mine soon, great cause. Thanks for the info Russ!
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2011
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Mark, Chris is the guy that was right across the hall from us at CAF, he had the small black towers with ribbon tweeters and the digital media server.

Oh yeah, with all the weird music right? I ended up with his sign with the monkey wearing headphones somehow....hmmm. AudioEvo?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2011
    Options
    He's on Audioevo, but that site is Gavin Fish's baby.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A really nice thing for him to do... really nice.

As the father of a fairly serious photographer (masquerading as a mild-mannered math grad student) I am all for the cause, too... do I need any jumpers is the only remaining question!
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    A really nice thing for him to do... really nice.

As the father of a fairly serious photographer (masquerading as a mild-mannered math grad student) I am all for the cause, too... do I need any jumpers is the only remaining question!

Oh... You need them!!! Even if you don't, it is a great cause to send $35 to. Get the jumpers and Karma them to someone else...

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I didn't need them but always like to keep the goody box stuffed.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    Oh... You need them!!! Even if you don't, it is a great cause to send $35 to. Get the jumpers and Karma them to someone else...

Don

not bad... not bad at all. Thanks!

:-)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Keep it flowing fellas.
  • Jer.War
    Jer.War Posts: 180
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What type of covering on these charitable connections.... (What type of insulation on the jumpers) :)

[The Ever-Evolving System

LSI15's (PNF Symphony cabels, modded X-Over and subs), LSIC, LSI7's, Rega Apollo CDP (PNF ICON ICs, modified PS cct.), Yamaha RXV-1700 w/ ipod dock, B&K REF200.2 (fronts) Samsung BDP-1600, XBOX360, Patriot Box Office Media Player, 42" Samsung LCD.
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2011
    Options
    USA only... beautiful set of jumpers though. Great initiative for this cause.
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited September 2011
    Options
    money sent!
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No pressure, don't want to spam you guys, but this isn't an offer that's going to be around forever. Again, great cause, great product, for the price of taking your lunch to work for a couple days. Consider it.

Thanks!
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Guess they'd take a cashier's check or MO as well? I haven't had check checks for several years now.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified