RT3000P's TL'd ..LOL

Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,009
edited August 2011 in The Clubhouse
Thank you Denny and Trey!!:wink: for this view I know have. Without your fair prices this would NOT be infront of me 6 or more days a week now. :cool:

I'll add one of my many 2 channel amps to power the upper extra rt3000p uppers . 100 watt audio-accoustic or somethng we just mentioned on here a week ago and I happed to pick one up at a yard sale with volume control also so that's a nice feaure. Can't wait to hear this sound emenating from the front wall !!!!! voices shoud be ok. They were already from the speaker abouve and below...Thanks to ChrisD, another member here. The extra tower speakers will surely add hiegth and more impact.

I'll post a review of my favorite movie "9", poduced by tim burton. I've seen it a few times to know. Last time with the top center added ...OMG!!! Beautiful soundfield and powerful as hell frontal impacts from the whole wall at that time. I guess with extra upper tower sections stuff might fall off my shelves again.....Hardhat area again for the testing..:eek:
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
Post edited by Tony M on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    edited August 2011
    That is what I call a wall of sound....

I would love to have your Rosewood subs! AHHH lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2011
    Great speakers, but what a mess that room is. It looks like one of my daughters I-Spy books.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2011
    I bet that's some badass near-field.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited August 2011
    I think I saw one of those pictures for an upcoming show on hoarding... JK, nice man.
  • VR3
    edited August 2011
    What Definitives are in your pictures?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • cjmustang69
    cjmustang69 Posts: 117
    edited August 2011
    Impressive setup Tony - I'm happy to see the center speaker being properly enjoyed.
  • HTguru1982
    HTguru1982 Posts: 1,066
    edited August 2011
    I don't think you have enough speakers in there...

:tongue:
    Display: Sony 42" LCD
    Sources: Harman Kardon DVD-27,
    Panasonic DMP-BDT110 blu ray player
    AVR: Sony STR-DA2400ES
    Amps: Sonance Sonamp 260(fronts),
    Kenwood KM-894(surrounds)
    Fronts: NHT 2.5
    Center: NHT VS-1.2A
    Surrounds: NHT Super One
    Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited August 2011
    Is this a picture from a flea market?
    There is a lifetime of crap everywhere :tongue:

Don't go to 11 on this one.....still, it's going to be awesome!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Tony M
    edited August 2011
    What Definitives are in your pictures?

BP10's... from craigs list 3 weeks ago or so. I bought his whole system , minus a sub.The BP2 surrounds and the first LCR center without ever having side panels. I think it was DEf. Tech.s first entrance series. They don't even have side subs on the towers.:frown:
    I met him when I bought his Polk Moniter 5jr.s off his craigs list ad. I'd love to have your Black sub cabinets too.:cool: for rear towers someday.

I'm a little unorganized still and there's really nowhere else to put them(DEF.Techs) for now. When my neck arthur. gets to be too bad, I kind of let things go out there. That coffee table will be cleaned and then a week or three later...:eek: Little projects or goodwill buys will pile up slowly.

The last audition of 9 kept a friend and me amazed at the sound and movie throughout the whole thing. It was an awsome nearfield for sure. I know the new CS1000P center had ALOT to do with the improvement and envelopement of the sound track.

I can at least walk straight forward for the past couple of years but do side step here and there. I used to side step everywhere out there.:tongue:
    I've downsized my collection by a ton!!!! and it still seems to be growing...:eek: Albums, lamps, more books and audio racks...have come in lately.

I passed on some Vandersteen 2's for 180.00 two weeks ago because I really just don't have the space to store them until I could recondition them..:frown:
    I told a guy I know who just had his reconditioned proffesionally and I'll bet he will go get them. I'm going to call the store and see if they have them. They've been there for years he said.

Pertaining to the hoarding shows,:biggrin:, I've yet had to step on anything in 15 years but a subwoofer to get to anything. But I did have 14 subs at one time.I do not have any broken hangers, empty boxs,(not any more; they were for shipping) or broken furniture or clothes piled up. Never have, never will.:tongue:

I can move stuff around too and I do from time to time to see if there are any spiders lurking. I spray a llittle border control when I do move stuff and that has kept things pretty bug free for 15 years I guess. I just saw a show on bed bugs and have thought , OH my God, what about those Def. Tech.s I just brought into my man-cave!!!? Makes me scared to buy from yardsales and goodwill anymore!! One pregnant bug and it's invasion time and then big $$ to get rid of them. It was unreal to watch what others had to do to kill em all...

This economy has hurt my downsizing somewhat. I know the value of what I have and I hate to give it away cheap just to make needed space. Soooo I deal with the clutter, but it's a good kind-of clutter.:biggrin:
  • VR3
    edited August 2011
    Are yours the BP10B or the just the BP10? (Soft dome tweeter (bp10) or aluminum dome (10b)?

Also - I assume you have the CLR1000, 6.5" drivers?

PM me if you ever would be interested in unloading those Def Techs - I may want them one day! :)
  • Tony M
    edited August 2011
    Are yours the BP10B or the just the BP10? (Soft dome tweeter (bp10) or aluminum dome (10b)?

Also - I assume you have the CLR1000, 6.5" drivers?

PM me if you ever would be interested in unloading those Def Techs - I may want them one day! :)

BP10 I assume, They're the soft dome ones and I guess the woofers are 6.5. They are pretty big.
    I'd have to sell the whole package of 5 speakers though if I do sell them.
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited August 2011
    Interesting setup. I'd love to hear a description of the wiring and amplification. Also, Tony, I would slidethose monitors out to the front of the subs. I noticed I bit of coherence issues when not placed as such.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • VR3
    edited August 2011
    Hmm - yeah I would not need the center and surrounds. I at one time had a love affair with a set of BP10B so they have a soft spot ;)
  • Tony M
    edited August 2011
    newrival wrote: »
    Interesting setup. I'd love to hear a description of the wiring and amplification. Also, Tony, I would slidethose monitors out to the front of the subs. I noticed I bit of coherence issues when not placed as such.

I only use this set-up for home theater and I really don't notice anything wrong with the setback uppers. Being set back, they're flush with the screen and I like that. If and when I get more space, I'll move the couch back and put the uppers forward also. I also HAD (thanks Craig and Max..:wink::biggrin:) SDA's that needed their unrestricted side space and the set-back provided that too. I'm now down to SDA-CRS's but I will be able to move them out when ever that time comes when I regain that kind of space.

The wireing is normal. Out from receiver to front RT3000P's in large mode. from bass modules out to 1st uppers via Polks internal cross-overs. No out puts yet to the top uppers until I put in action the AudioSource 100 amp to help the circuit out. I'll come out of the one upper unit into the audio Source amp and then out to the next upper unit.

The center comes out of the receiver full range into the center speaker (thanks Chris)below the tv. I just jumpered a wire from the inputs of the lower center and go up to the powered center above. I adjusted the volume of the upper center to blend with the lower one with a friends help and I leave it there now.

The sub output from the receiver goes to a 12" klipsch and at the input, I T off and send the signal to a second 12" Klipsh on the other side of the couch. They're both set at the same volume and crossover and phase.

The surrounds med. output goes to Polk F/X 300's mounted behind the couch and up. They are about 7' from each side of the couch and about 8' high.

The sound is amazing to all who hear it. Like a Theater for real! The sound seems to come from the front wall only. Voices are dead center if the actors are too. Great bass shakes the couch and floor and building at times too.

I have a simple but nice Yamaha receiver directing the sound and I had ALOT of help from Chris D (from here on the forum) setting my receiver up in the beginning! He is definately the master of menus and set-ups in my mind! He even helped me with all my plasmas in my house too! Great guy!

Well, I'm happy as can be BUT I can only imagine what the SRT system sounds like!!!:eek: That would be the ONLY way I would upgrade from what I have now. I've read that the SRT system is awe inspiring to say the least.
  • Tony M
    edited August 2011
    Hmm - yeah I would not need the center and surrounds. I at one time had a love affair with a set of BP10B so they have a soft spot ;)

I didn't think you would but what a great surround system these all make. Great designer I guess...:tongue:

I'm suprised they went to smaller drivers. These sound awsome but I guess they think skinnier speakers are the way to go now. Man do these things rock though!! I auditioned a giant pair with the 14" side woofer I think it was, years ago and was not impressed for some reason. Another case of pour set-up and sales personnel I guess.

I'm going to keep these for some time unless somebody makes me an offer and I need some cash at the same time.
  • VR3
    edited August 2011
    The BP line is incredible - the quasi TL design on the newer B series is incredible.

FWIW, Scanspeak makes replacement woofers for those speakers if you ever need them! :)

Happy listening!
  • Tony M
    edited August 2011
    I guess they still do make towers with 6.5's in them.Excuse me please. They must be amazing speakers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Definitive-Technology-BP7000SC-Black-Speaker-2-3-w-/230623445557?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item35b23a8235
  • VR3
    edited August 2011
    I would pick up a set of BP3000TL in a heart beat if the price was right...

Quad 6.5", dual 1" aluminum tweeters, 18" powered sub... alllll day for HT/rock setup.
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited August 2011
    ahhhhh... thanks! It looked as though you might have been running dual centers.

Just got done watching the green hornet on the rt5000 setup andmy wife actually said "i love these spekers" haha

Im interested in the monitor stack. Are those rti55's? I'll be interested in what you think when you get them running. Do you think disabling the tweeters would be a good idea as to not mess with the imaging?
    design is where science and art break even.
  • Tony M
    edited August 2011
    newrival wrote: »
    ahhhhh... thanks! It looked as though you might have been running dual centers.

Just got done watching the green hornet on the rt5000 setup andmy wife actually said "i love these spekers" haha

Im interested in the monitor stack. Are those rti55's? I'll be interested in what you think when you get them running. Do you think disabling the tweeters would be a good idea as to not mess with the imaging?

I love your wifes' comment. My wife has only said that about the ESS AMT1B's that we/she owns. She married me for my ESS's..LOL.

The monitor towers are one RT3000P set and then another RT3000P's upper set I just got from Trey(Vr3MxStyler2k3) last weekend. He suggested I put it upside down to put the tweeters as close as possible.I agreed.

Thanks again for meeting me half way Trey!! Trey has kept his bass cabinets from the set for a subwoofer project he has planned. He's sharing that project with us in another thread lately.:cool:

I was thinking about disconnecting the upper-most tweeter also.:wink: I don't think it's needed and your right, it might cause some weird time alignment sound issues. In the beginning of "9" number 9 walks down some steps and kicks some gravel. the detail in that sound is crisp and life-like so far even with two centers. I'll listen again first with and if I can't hear any smearing of detail, I just might leave them all playing.

I bought a set of "RT55's Rosewood" and great stands too from another member a while back and he/they met me as a matter of fact near where Trey met me. He was going to a Polk fest and graciously brought them along to save me shipping charges. They flew down 95 and they even came toward me 10 miles more off 95 to get the deal done and continue on their way south. Thanks again guys!!
    I plan on using the RT55's as my rears some day with extra amplification in the large setting from my receiver. I have a spare Rotel little amp I could use for that too.
    Then I want to add maybe another RT1000P for a rear center or just settle for a CS400. That should do great too and cheaper but who knows.

The RT55's are to wide to set on top but it is doable. They're about the same width as the bass cabinets. I did put them on mine but it looked to unnatural so I went back to my reg. uppers. Then Trey made me a deal I couldn't pass up.

Thanks Trey, I know they're different colors but they look great anyway! Rosewood contact paper anybody? JK