Midwest LSiM Demo Gathering

Options

Comments

• dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited August 2011
    Options
    September 17th it is! Who else is available the 17th?

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don:

Am I crazy or did you have a set of Carver Amazings? I dont see em in your sig, but that doesnt mean jack around here :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don:

Am I crazy or did you have a set of Carver Amazings? I dont see em in your sig, but that doesnt mean jack around here :smile:

You're Crazy! Nope, never owned them, wouldn't mind some, but no. I was looking at some MartinLogan Motion 12s, which I still might move on, but not the amazings.

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Let me check my work schedule.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Darned, was hoping to bang out a bunch of demo's at once lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    At this point I still should have a decent smattering of speakers...

SRS 2 (Should be done)
    CRS+ (Might even mod these)
    LSi9
    LSi7
    Monitor 70 :biggrin:
    Magnepan MMG

Might have...

Meadowlark Shearwater Hot Rods - not sure on these yet
    MartinLogan Motion 12

And of course, the LSiM 703!!!

Don

• leroyjr1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Did you get the 703's yet?
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not yet. Mark said he was going to be shipping them this week.

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Don, let Mark know that I am willing to take them from you back down to Indy with me and can then work out transport to members in Ohio, or back toward IL, or whatever is needed.

If you dont need to use me as a stop, no worries.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm reading guys. That's fine. The speakers will ship today or tomorrow.

Who's in Ohio and surrounding areas?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »

Thanks Mark!
    Don, let Mark know that I am willing to take them from you back down to Indy with me and can then work out transport to members in Ohio, or back toward IL, or whatever is needed.

If you dont need to use me as a stop, no worries.

I am sure Mark will let me know next steps :biggrin: It would save me on shipping costs if you took them though, so that would be fine with me.

Don

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'll not be able to do the 17th as I have stuff going on. Too bad! hope it goes well! If these move over to the IL area I will see if I can make that meeting.
  • leroyjr1
    edited August 2011
    Options

Interested if they make it my way. I'm close to Chicago and Rockford where there's plenty polkies.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited August 2011
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Interested if they make it my way. I'm close to Chicago and Rockford where there's plenty polkies.

I'm 2 hours away from Lee. in Central WI.

combine that with Rockford and it forms like a triangle of LSIM power. We are the tri-force:tongue:
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    I'm 2 hours away from Lee. in Central WI.

combine that with Rockford and it forms like a triangle of LSIM power. We are the tri-force:tongue:

Wow... Old school Zelda reference!

I am getting really excited for this demo. I have a couple local folks coming and combine that with the folks here and we should have a decent turnout.

Sorry you can't make it cstmar01... I am hoping the closer we get, the more we can get to come.

Enders Shadow, do you think indyhawg would be interested in coming?

Don

• EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    Wow... Old school Zelda reference!

I am getting really excited for this demo. I have a couple local folks coming and combine that with the folks here and we should have a decent turnout.

Sorry you can't make it cstmar01... I am hoping the closer we get, the more we can get to come.

Enders Shadow, do you think indyhawg would be interested in coming?

Don

I have talked to him and he's not going to be sure till closer toward the date due to work.

I am sure he will pop his head in here at some point to let us know :wink:.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have talked to him and he's not going to be sure till closer toward the date due to work.

I am sure he will pop his head in here at some point to let us know :wink:.

Thanks! I hope he can make it! I am anxious to meet a few more of you guys!

Don

• newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Cool, I'll try and make the 18th.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    newrival wrote: »
    Cool, I'll try and make the 18th.

Date changed to Saturday the 17th
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please copy and paste from this post into a new one if your planning on coming.

Date: September 17th
    Time: ~10:00 AM Eastern - 6:00 PM Eastern (hours subject to change by host)
    Host: dcmartinpc (Don)

Attendee's: EndersShadow (Dan & wife)

Food suggestions welcome.

***Don*** I can pick soda's and stuff up on the way, or just pitch in some cash for overall food. Let me know when it gets closer to the date
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ok i'll try for the 17th then :)
    design is where science and art break even.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    newrival wrote: »
    ok i'll try for the 17th then :)

If your able to make it, bring your USB DAC's. I am going to bring my laptop loaded with FLAC to do some testing :smile:
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please copy and paste from this post into a new one if your planning on coming.

Time: ~10:00 AM Eastern - 6:00 PM Eastern (hours subject to change by host)
    Host: dcmartinpc (Don)

***Don*** I can pick soda's and stuff up on the way, or just pitch in some cash for overall food. Let me know when it gets closer to the date

Thanks Dan. Those hours work for me. We can go later than 6:00 if need be, but we can set that as a soft ending time. I am on my iPhone right now or I would edit it :) Food suggestions are welcome. Let me know what you like. Anything anyone would like to bring or chip in food wise would be awesome!

Don

• dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please copy and paste from this post into a new one if you're planning on coming.

Time: ~10:00 AM Eastern - 6:00 PM Eastern
    Host: dcmartinpc (Don & wife)

We can go later, but this will serve as a guideline.

• dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    My wife just sent me a message. Apparently I have "2 Polk Speakers" waiting for me at my house. :biggrin: I get to get my ears on them before I have my surgery!!!!!! Its real now folks! Who is coming!!!

Don

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's actually just bricks in a pretty box...let me know that they arrived safe and in good condition please.

Cmon Polkies, take advantage of Don's generosity of opening his home for a looky loo on the signature Polk speakers we have right now. If you're close, you have no excuse.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's actually just bricks in a pretty box...let me know that they arrived safe and in good condition please.

:eek: I will check on the condition of the bricks when I get home. Based on what my wife says, the boxes look to be in good shape.

Don

• leroyjr1
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Make sure you post some pics.
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2011
    Options

You gonna be able to make the event?
  • dcmartinpc
    edited August 2011
    Options

I will definitely try to get some tonight!

Don