LSiM707 Demo Gathering San Diego

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2011
    Looks like a nice big room.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • angelsfann02
    angelsfann02 Posts: 589
    edited August 2011
    So whens the listening partay?
    LIVING ROOM:
    Pioneer PDP-6070HD, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD,
    Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva USP-1, Polk LSI15's, Polk LSiC, Velodyne 12", Mirage Nanosat Prestige rears, MIT AVT Speaker Cables, Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects, Panamax M5300pm Surge Protection/ Power Conditioning
    BEDROOM: VIZIO 32" LCD, Pioneer Elite VSX-23txh, Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD, Parasound HCA-2205A, Mirage Nanosat Prestige Speakers 5.1, Mirage S8 Sub, Monoprice cables, APC Surge Protection.
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    edited August 2011
    dpowell wrote: »
    I apoligize for the terrible pictures. The sun was setting behind those windows and made it impossible to get good shots. :mad:

So that would be the master bedroom then if i remember right. Decide on a date yet?
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2011
    What amps are you pushing them with?
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2011
    Still waiting on some better pictures and the review... don't make me come down there and grab them so I can bring them up here and do it all myself.:tongue:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited August 2011
    hey guys just saw this thread...bummer I can't make it. After a long, cross-country drive, I'm now getting settled on the other coast. Just missed it by a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing the write-ups and reviews (and will miss the SoCal weather).
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • civilian
    edited August 2011
    Are you going to make it down there John?
    I am going to go (depending on the day) down from Simi.
    edited August 2011
    You will be missed Norm. OK your speakers will be missed:biggrin:
    They would have been a good comparison.
    edited August 2011
    civilian wrote: »
    Are you going to make it down there John?
    I am going to go (depending on the day) down from Simi.

Wouldn't miss it. You are welcome to ride with me if you like, though I warn you, I down-sized from my Jag to a Sunfire.:eek::cool:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited August 2011
    I'll try and answer all of the questions in one post:

Better pictures are coming, I promise. I can't take them in the evening because the sun comes in the windows directly behind them and it's hard to get pictures early AM before work while the family is still sleeping.

Review will be coming as well but I honestly don't want to do a review until the speakers are properly broken in. These are brand new and while I hear them starting to open up, I think they will open up even more over the next few days.

Yes, they are in the master bedroom. Size: 30' X 20'

Pushing them with dual Parasound HCA-1200ii's at 250WPC

Whoever takes these will need a good sized vehicle. The boxes are BIG and they are leaving here IN the boxes.

Each box is L55 x W26.5 x H17.5

I am going to spend some time this evening figuring out the date. It sounds like most are good for Saturday or Sunday and I have 2 members that can't do one day or the other. Makes it a bit difficult. I'm leaning towards Saturday simply because if I hold it on a Sunday, most people have to get home at a decent hour to get to work on Monday which means cutting the day shorter.

I know Erik Tracy can't make it on a Saturday but since he is local, I'll work out a day for him to come over and have a listen to them.

More to come soon.

BTW, they sound amazing. :biggrin:
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2011
    BTW, they sound amazing. :biggrin:

Tease:rolleyes::tongue:...

• JimAckley
    JimAckley Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2011
    Just a reminder as to how large these suckers really are. Here's a pic of them in the bed of my Silverado Crew Cab.

BedOfMyTruck.jpg

They run pretty much the length of the bed. You better bring a van, pickup, or full-size SUV if you wanna chauffeur them home.
    - Computer Rig -
    YAΘIN MS-20L, polkaudio RT5

- Main Rig -
    Pioneer SC-37, Overnight Sensations, Samsung 52" LCD

- Currently In Progress -
    Curt Campbell's Uluwatu LCR, LMS Ultra Gjallarhorn, JBL W15GTi stereo subs, 2.1 entertainment system for the gf
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2011
    They completely filled the bed of my Chevy Avalanche....also a full size bed.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2011
    Cool me like big speakers. :smile:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nooshinjohn
    edited August 2011
    dorokusai wrote: »
    They completely filled the bed of my Chevy Avalanche....also a full size bed.

Did you have to fold down the mid-gate?

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2011
    Nope....but the covers had to come off.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • edoggrc51
    edoggrc51 Posts: 584
    edited August 2011
    Some good info here fellas. Just waiting to hear on who's the next lucky dog that's gonna get the chance to demo these beasts. Doro, Cough cough! :wink: :biggrin:
    Denon 4311ci
    MINIdsp OPEN-DRC
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual IPR-7500 amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Emotiva Stealth 8's, Airport Express
  • dpowell
    edited August 2011
    OK everyone, can you give me a thumbs up or down for your ability to attend a gathering on the 27th? I know that edoggrc51 has to work that day but could come down in the evening.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2011
    Two big thumbs up! Anyone heading down from Los Angeles is more than welcome to come with me.

• LeftCoast
    LeftCoast Posts: 406
    edited August 2011
    Hi, folks. I think the 27th will work for me, Doug.
  • dpowell
    edited August 2011
    OK. It's set for the 27th. Start time will be 10am. Wrap up by 7pm. Let's get a gear and food list going.
  • blueboxer
    blueboxer Posts: 621
    edited August 2011
    That day works better for me, I say some wings n things or ones from the san Marcos brewery. I can pack up my inova and mythos for comparisons?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2011
    Little Maggies and my Sunfire tube pre will be accompanying me. Even the wife is wanting to come. Will there be a turntable present?

• edoggrc51
    edoggrc51 Posts: 584
    edited August 2011
    I'll see ya guys there.
    Denon 4311ci
    MINIdsp OPEN-DRC
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual IPR-7500 amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Emotiva Stealth 8's, Airport Express
  • dpowell
    edited August 2011
    Attendee list to date:
    Nooshinjohn
    LeftCoast
    Blueboxer
    Dacoupedeville
    Civilian
    Edoggrc51 (end of the day)
    Angelsfann02

Erik Tracy had a 3 hour sneak preview of the LSiM's on Sunday.

Did I leave anyone out?

I like the idea of bringing in ready to eat food vs. BBQing tends to take a lot of time which takes away face time with the gear. I was thinking that we could do a group pizza buy as one option. My wife in her usual awesome response to my audio adiction has offered to make some food as well.

As I've done with previous gatherings, I'm good with people bringing in drinks of choice. I personally don't drink alcohol but am cool with others bringing in drinks as long as it's consumed in moderation. I'll let you guys figure out the drinks.
  • dpowell
    edited August 2011
    Little Maggies and my Sunfire tube pre will be accompanying me. Even the wife is wanting to come. Will there be a turntable present?

Your wife is welcome to come if she wants. I don't have a turntable present. Looking forward to comparing your Sunfire with my Anthem Pre2L. Tube Pre-amp shootout! What tubes you running in that? My Anthem has a quad of the Genalex Gold Lion Reissue 6922's.
  • dpowell
    edited August 2011
    Attendee list to date:
    Nooshinjohn
    LeftCoast
    Blueboxer
    Dacoupedeville
    Civilian
    Angelsfann02

QUOTE]

Oops, I missed Megasat16. Looks like a good sized group so far.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2011
    Your wife is welcome to come if she wants. I don't have a turntable present. Looking forward to comparing your Sunfire with my Anthem Pre2L. Tube Pre-amp shootout! What tubes you running in that? My Anthem has a quad of the Genalex Gold Lion Reissue 6922's.

To tell you the truth, I have no clue what's in there.:eek: I will bring my table too if it is needed. The Phono stage was redone by Bob Carver himself.:cool:

• dpowell
    edited August 2011
    Responses So Far:

YES
    Nooshinjohn
    Blueboxer

NO
    Dacoupedeville

UNSURE
    Civilian

NO RESPONSE
    LeftCoast
    Angelsfann02
    Megasat16

Get back to me as soon as you can. 1 Week to go!
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2011
    LC say he was coming when I saw him yesterday....

I am helpibg out with the beer and sodas, so if someone wants something other than Heineken and Killians Red, Coke and Sprite, shoot me a pm...

John