Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - October 2011

Options
Fred D
Fred D Posts: 15
Whats the interest level out in this area, for another possible Polk demo?!?!
Post edited by Fred D on

Comments

• Fred D
    edited July 2011
    Options
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Let's get that setup for next year as its too soon for 2011. The 3 amigos can hold that one down.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fred D
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok! Ideas were just starting to get kicked around, and that was one of the ideas out there....I would be all for it next year!
  • squeeb
    squeeb Posts: 426
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This year, next year ... whichever, whenever ... looks like a good time.
    7.3 HT: Sunfire TGR-3, Sunfire Series II, Mirage OMD-28, OMD-5 (x4), REL T1 (2), T2, Oppo 103D, Optoma HD8200PRO, 106" screen, SB Touch
    Family Room: Yamaha RX-V2700, RT25i, 42" Samsung, SB Duet
    Pool: Yamaha V2700, SQ Duet, Atrium 60 (2), Atrium 45 (3), Atrium 65sdi
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Russ has been talking about RMAF for a couple years. Maybe we can knock out Lone Star, RMAF and CAF next year. That's quite a show of force from Polk Audio. If anything, push out Lone Star and do RMAF.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It would be nice if you guys could get it going this year as I will be there again as I'm sure I will be there next year as well..
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Logistically and financially it would be pretty expensive at this point. The exhibitors secure the rooms earlier in the year and it's not like we just toss some tshirts in a box and roll out.
  • Fred D
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will try to cordinate with Al, and see whats on the horizon. I would love to do them all! I think it would be great to get a few more showings in! I'll post any updates I receive on this topic. Keep the suggestions rolling in!
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How about you guys just send the colorado polkies the gear and we can handle things from there...

In all seriousness I plan to make it this year. The past 2 years I've been out of state each time. And all the reading material Larry picked up at the last one he treated like ****.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2011
    Options
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    How about you guys just send the colorado polkies the gear and we can handle things from there...

In all seriousness I plan to make it this year. The past 2 years I've been out of state each time. And all the reading material Larry picked up at the last one he treated like ****.

I certainly see this happening and when it does, you CO guys will have to step up and help out, which I'm sure you'll do.
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2011
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I certainly see this happening and when it does, you CO guys will have to step up and help out, which I'm sure you'll do.

Just let me know as I would make the time to help out..
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will make some Polk Audio business card holders to send back to HQ as well. Thats if you guys use them if not I will come up with something else cool..
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I could laser a Polk Audio LSiM sign to hang in the room!!! Just Ideas??
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Larry - The world is your oyster and I'll distribute anything you want. Make a few and I'll give them to the VP's and bring one to Matt next time I see him. We do have CES in Jan 2012, so let the creative juices flow.
  • Toolfan66
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I will do Mark..