mark090852 Posts: 996
edited June 2011 in The Clubhouse
3 racks of baby back ribs with dry rub and ready for the smoker
[IMG][/img]DSC01099.jpg

Bradley Smoker awaiting call to active duty
DSC01101.jpg

The smoking has begun
DSC01102.jpg

After 5 hours in the smoker they spend 30 minutes on the grill to develop the crispy glaze
DSC01111.jpg

Cornbread just out of the oven and waiting to be served
DSC01119.jpg

About 6 hours but worth the wait!
DSC01121.jpg

Dinner is served! Bon Appetit
DSC01125.jpg
McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
Post edited by mark090852 on

Comments

• fossy
    fossy Posts: 1,378
    edited June 2011
    Options
    YEs YES I'll take a rack !!! Looks great ... & what a view ..... very nice .... Im having a pot pie this evening..yummy..:rolleyes:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Man your making me hungry, nice job on the ribs. That smoker looks pretty darn nice.
    That Wolf range ain't no slouch either. Nice stuff you have there pal. Still drooling over that smoker though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You sure don't play fair. Those ribs are just.....stunning with cornbread and the Mac & Cheese.

Warriors Mark, Pa.? Is that a real place name? If so, what part of Pa. is it in. I'm guessing it's not in the Eastern part where I grew up?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nice!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mark090852
    edited June 2011
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    You sure don't play fair. Those ribs are just.....stunning with cornbread and the Mac & Cheese.

Warriors Mark, Pa.? Is that a real place name? If so, what part of Pa. is it in. I'm guessing it's not in the Eastern part where I grew up?

cnh

Yep, Warriors Mark is a real place. We're about midway between St. College and Altoona. Frequently we do serve the ribs with either baked beans or mac & cheese but today it was macaroni salad.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2011
    Options
    St. College and Altoona. Been to both so that helps!

My bad. Didn't look at the photos close enough to differentiate the Mac salad from what I thought was mac & cheese.

Looks like you're having a great time!

Enjoy!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You should be banned from this place for teasing a hungry man like that.:biggrin::wink:

Those ribs look fantastic. BRB as I need to get a towel to wipe the drool off my keyboard
    :cool:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Looks good bro. Compliments on the view and that nice kitchen you have.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dang that looks so good!

Thanks for sharing....d@mn you! :biggrin:

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Dude... sign me up. I'd drive the 2 hours from here to get to that stuff! Oh yeah, and hold an intellectual conversation - while stuffing my face.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited June 2011
    Options
    DUDE, that is some serious Food ****! I know this is TMI, but...i'm touching myself right now.

I gotta go....
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thats some good $hit right there enjoy
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • Systems
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, you got a nice rack!
    Is that Landshark any good?
    Never tried it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mark090852
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My wife and I both like the Landshark a lot. Very smooth.
  • Systems
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gotta say Mark, that camera takes great pics also!
    I am going to try the Landshark for sure!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited June 2011
    Options
    See any deer in that back yard?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2011
    Options
  • mark090852
    edited June 2011
    Options
    pepster wrote: »
    See any deer in that back yard?

Frequently see deer. But recently the most troublesome siting has been a black bear. It was getting into our garbage every night and trashing our yard and driveway. Now we've been moving the garbage can into the garage each night...but then the smell in there is awful by morning.
  • Systems
    edited June 2011
    Options
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Frequently see deer. But recently the most troublesome siting has been a black bear. It was getting into our garbage every night and trashing our yard and driveway. Now we've been moving the garbage can into the garage each night...but then the smell in there is awful by morning.

Same here!
    Lots of bear sightings within a mile of my place.
    I "harvested" one (for the politically correct members) a few miles from my house a few years ago (bow).
    Believe it or not, made into hamburger meat, they are EXCELLENT grill fodder!:wink:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just finishing up some country style ribs, cherry and alder smoke, and will throw some Olathe Sweet corn on the cob on the grill soon to go along with it.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Disc Jockey
    edited June 2011
    Options
    OMG those were good, hope you enjoyed yours too mark
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Those ribs look fantastic....i'm interested on more info on that Bradley Smoker..How do you like it? what kind of recipes are available? etc.....

Thanks

Juan
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Just finishing up some country style ribs, cherry and alder smoke, and will throw some Olathe Sweet corn on the cob on the grill soon to go along with it.

Now, Colorado Springs I can get to in time. If it just wasn't two hours ago!

You're not getting sweet corn from Olathe in June? Is that last year's crop, frozen or something?
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • mark090852
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    DUDE, that is some serious Food ****! I know this is TMI, but...i'm touching myself right now.

I gotta go....

Trust me, I understand, I really do. I just didn't think it was appropriate to also include those pictures on this forum. :biggrin:
  • Disc Jockey
    edited June 2011
    Options
    seeclear wrote: »
    Now, Colorado Springs I can get to in time. If it just wasn't two hours ago!

You're not getting sweet corn from Olathe in June? Is that last year's crop, frozen or something?

We blanched and froze a bunch at the end of the season last year. It was nice having the corn through the winter but I'm not sure I'd do it again, it used a lot of freezer space.
  • mark090852
    edited June 2011
    Options
    JuanR wrote: »
    Those ribs look fantastic....i'm interested on more info on that Bradley Smoker..How do you like it? what kind of recipes are available? etc.....

Thanks

Juan

I've smoked with a Bradley Smoker for 6 or 7 years. I like it a lot. This is the second one I've had. There is a learning curve to develop your technique. I've smoked as many as 5 Boston Butts and had 90+ people over for pulled pork at a time. On the Bradley website there are forums where owners discuss recipes and technique. Check out their website for more info. Bradley Smokers
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I, too am interested in the smoker you have there. I was checking Amazon and they mention a digital type. I was thinking of ordering the Masterbuilt and having it shipped to me in Japan. I went out yesterday hoping to find something similar but didn't see anything close to a smoker. Here's the one I'm thinking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XJGEGY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p86_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=16F5D0WQZWGQ5JJJF0R9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

I was thinking this one, since it has the little window. Also can be controlled remotely. Price is not bad, and best of all it can ship priority mail.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd give that window one session and it'll look like you wouldn't wanna eat what comes out of it...